It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seed Vaults does the government around the world know something we

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
So I ask does the government around the world know something we
don't????? The Svalbard Global Seed Vault is a secure seed bank located on the
Norwegian island of Spitsbergen near the town of Longyearbyen in the
remote Arctic Svalbard archipelago.Norwegian bunkers – along with the
underground lodgements built in Norway, A letter from a Norwegian
politician about 2012) it was also officially inaugurated a warehouse
with hundreds of millions of seeds to protect humanity in the case of a
catastrophe, on 26 of February, 2008. The Prime-Minister of Norway,
Jens Stoltenberg, also an ecologist militant, Wangari Maathai (Kenya) –
the recipient of the Nobel Prize for Peace, Jose Manuel Barroso – the
President of the European Commission, took part at the inauguration.
As I have mentioned the amazing seed vault in Norway, that seemingly
offers plants a better chance of surviving a cataclysm than humans have. Other places to find species kept safe include: Native Seeds - 2000 plant varieties in Tucson, USA.
Ambrose Monell Cryo Collection - houses a million frozen tissue samples
representing the DNA of a wide range of animal species. Located in New York
City.
Millennium Seed Bank Project - large underground frozen vaults in West Sussex,
UK, preserving the world's largest collection of seeds. Now has over 1 billion
seeds stored. Aiming to cover 24,000 species of plants, approximately 10% of all
existing dry land flora. There are more than 1,000 seed banks — including a newly opened, unmanned "doomsday" facility in the Arctic wastes of Norway that will ultimately house more than 1 billion crop seeds. But the one at Wakehurst Place, about 30 miles south of London, says it's the only global facility of its kind, unique for its focus on wild species, not just crops. It says it aims to store a quarter of the world's species by 2020, and could eventually house half of them. It currently has 25,000 species and 1.5 billion seeds. The seed bank's scientists gauge the total number of plant species at 300,000, which represents a middle figure in the widely varying, constantly changing, global estimate. At the Millennium Seed Bank,meticulously clean them, X-ray them for insect damage and freeze them for possible future use as medicine, a commercial product, or a reviver of a plant that has gone extinct. It is a global effort: The bank has more than 120 different partners in some 50 countries where seeds are collected and stored. In many cases, seeds are kept both in their native countries and here as a backup. Some countries, Brazil for instance, are unwilling to send precious seeds overseas, so they are kept in at least two seed banks inside the country, their
standards monitored by Millennium Seed Bank experts. The project, under the Royal Botanical Gardens at Kew, The futuristic facility, is seen by scientists as an insurance policy against nature and human folly. links en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seedbank www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/02/26/norway.seeds/index.html 2012wiki.com/index.php?title=Seed_Vault

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
this has been discussed many many times before on ATS

not to say it isn't interesting (and somewhat unnerving)

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Yes, and yes this topic has been discussed before.

But I must ask, those who see some sinister plot unfolding. Take a few dozen deep breaths.

Ok, hope you listen because, I'm going to pull another rabbit hole, out of this rabbit.

Alot of people, are still debating the metaphorical aspects of religious material, such as Noah and how he could have so many animals. Literalists, as I am going to call them, are in majority self proclaimed skeptics, who refuse to acknowledge anythng out side of their beleifs could hold water. We all know these types, no need to elaborate.

Well, one night after watching a couple of famious magicians "debunk" as they proudly touted it. Forgot the #1 axiom, of thinking outside the box.

What transpired in my mind was, in majority was a result of another show by the History channel which was after all really good I thought. It was called Eternal Life and discussed how the government of the USA was cryo-vaulting DNA...

So, think about that for a few more deep breaths.

Seed vaults, DNA vaults, and just to throw another loop through your mind do a search on "White House Cryogenic Vault (WHCV) in 1935" and see what direction I'm tilting this.

As for those maji, well if they can't fathom genetic sciences, and doubt that our past historical peoples could they are confused.

Because every species could be housed on "one ship", if that ship was a cryovault...

Just an idea.

We all have heard about those evil things, called ideas.
Some thing that is too often shared, and not accepted.

Hard to deny ignorance, if denying our own ignorance, doesn't come first.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

Ok, hope you listen because, I'm going to pull another rabbit hole, out of this rabbit.

Alot of people, are still debating the metaphorical aspects of religious material, such as Noah and how he could have so many animals. Literalists, as I am going to call them, are in majority self proclaimed skeptics, who refuse to acknowledge anythng out side of their beleifs could hold water. We all know these types, no need to elaborate.

Well, one night after watching a couple of famious magicians "debunk" as they proudly touted it. Forgot the #1 axiom, of thinking outside the box.

What transpired in my mind was, in majority was a result of another show by the History channel which was after all really good I thought. It was called Eternal Life and discussed how the government of the USA was cryo-vaulting DNA...

So, think about that for a few more deep breaths.

Seed vaults, DNA vaults, and just to throw another loop through your mind do a search on "White House Cryogenic Vault (WHCV) in 1935" and see what direction I'm tilting this.

Uh? I am totally confused on what you are trying to say, but nonetheless .... Seed Vaults truly hold a trove of edible delights.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Because every species could be housed on "one ship", if that ship was a cryovault...

This is something that i never considered.
Thank you for thinking outside the box and opening up a new train of thought.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
And it's not just seed vaults. They are also storing information in one of the worlds largest top secret libraries in Utah,

"On a remote edge of Utah's dry and arid high desert, where temperatures often zoom past 100 degrees, hard-hatted construction workers with top-secret clearances are preparing to build what may become America's equivalent of Jorge Luis Borges's "Library of Babel, a place where the collection of information is both infinite and at the same time monstrous, where the entire world's knowledge is stored, but not a single word is understood. At a million square feet, the mammoth $2 billion structure will be one-third larger than the US Capitol and will use the same amount of energy as every house in Salt Lake City combined"

A book available about the Giant Library being constructed in Utah!
Link Below:
www.nybooks.com...

Yes, I am sure they are preparing for something huge. And we are paying for it, but are not invited to stay at their underground facilities for the big show! Scumbags is about the best I can say without violating TOS.

[edit on 28/10/09 by spirit_horse]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by darkangle2bad

I don't think there's anything ominous in having a "seed vault" (or any kind of reserve). It's just good common sense: 7000 animal and plant species are said to disappear every year, I think. So it's only logical to preserve whatever we have (I do that myself, I keep the pits of very good fruits and vegetables I eat, for example) .
And where else would they be kept but in a safe place?

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Ethereal Gargoyle]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sicklecell

Your welcome, and perhaps the poster above you will read the other members replies and see what it is I said.

I understand that much of this is new to many.
Objective thinking always is.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I am aware that this topic has been discussed before but I will restate one possibility. Did anyone recently hear of the asteroid that was about 10 meters wide that just hit Indonesia? well that is the most simplest reason to attempt to secure the survival of the human race in the event of a city block sized rock hitting the earth again. In case you need a reference.spaceweather.comhttp...://www.meteorcrater.com//

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
www.meteorcrater.com is a good place to start. also another 6meter asteroid just wizzed past the earth a few days ago.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I have made my own seed vault sorta. I have seeds frozen in case TSHTF.
Sprouts also I fiqure if the government is doing it I should too!
Just remember if you choose to do this look up all info on how.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by darkangle2bad

First of all I don't see anything nefarious about efforts to preserve seeds.
Having heirloom seeds tucked away just in case is not only something viable on a world scale,but even on a scale of the average gardener.

Over the course of time,I think humans have come to the realization that loosing various species of flora and fauna can be a bad thing.

Natural disasters and drastic climate changes of any length could end the existence of such things and be lost. The long term introduction of GM products hasn't been fully realized yet.

My advice is for everyone to start a seed bank or buy a few.

CBNC mission statement

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Here's the Nordic vault boys:

[edit on 11-11-2009 by WatchRider]

top topics

join