It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu Cases Overestimated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Swine Flu Cases Overestimated

www.cbsnews.com

If you've been diagnosed "probable" or "presumed" 2009 H1N1 or "swine flu" in recent months, you may be surprised to know this: odds are you didn’t have H1N1 flu.

In fact, you probably didn’t have flu at all. That's according to state-by-state test results obtained in a three-month-long CBS News investigation..
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.shortnews.com
www.cbsnews.com

[edit on 26-10-2009 by Maximus0111]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Well, the proof is in the pudding folks. Watch the video and look at the numbers of how many actual tested positive for the swine flu it is unbelievable. I live in Michigan and we had about 50 schools close down in the past two weeks because of the scare of swine flu. This is something that makes you go hmm.

www.dvorak.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
A very Novel event indeed which now draws into question the conspiracy behind this whole incident and the collusion it may have taken to pull off a massive spending bill, emergency declaration, rushing vaccines through approval processes and paying off some media networks to pump fear into the population.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by ExPostFacto]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
what gets me is that very few places even bother to test for the swine flu but if you come in with the symptons they immediately say that is what it is.
maybe just regular flu or something else? and yes things that make you go hmmm

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

If you have a fever they report it as swine flu, so says a family member who is a nurse in an ER. He says people have been coming in freaking out due to sniffles etc. If they dont have a fever they send them home, if they do, they give them tamiflu and send them on their way and report it as swine flu.

He also says its very mild unless you are already sick or you do not take care of yourself while you are suffering from it, ie. not drinking fluids, not resting.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by crw2006

exactly that is what i mean- if they don't test you and wait for the results how do they know it is the swine flu, the regular flu or something else?
they just say it is they are tryingto scare the world.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
the proof is in the numbers. 5000 dead worldwide and 1000 dead in america? if those 1000 dead in a population of 300 mil were compared to the 4000 in a population of 5.7 billion? proof in the pudding

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Maximus0111

Strictly addressing "Agenda" why would they do this? To force a vaccine on all those people who already had H1N1 and presumably don't need the vaccine?

(just a little speculation)

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by notreallyalive

Strictly addressing "Agenda" why would they do this? To force a vaccine on all those people who already had H1N1 and presumably don't need the vaccine?

(just a little speculation)

Nah, I really doubt it. They can't seem to keep up w/demand as it is, let alone provide enough to force it on the population. I'm betting it's being hyped and used to put pressure on Congress to push through the health care bill. There is one thing that I do believe and that is that the Admin. will not waste a "good" opportunity...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

A screen shot from that video:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/537c37bac635.jpg[/atsimg]

Thanks for posting it!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
You have to wonder, WHY did they abruptly STOP testing for H1N1 in July.... Because they knew it wasn't nearly as rampant as they were trying to make it out to be, which would put the pharma bailout that we're seeing right now in jeopardy.

[edit on 10/26/2009 by Finalized]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Ok, if it is not swine flu, just what is everyone getting sick with?

I am still sick after a week. Most people I know are sick, and it all starts with this horrible headache, then goes to fever , chills, vomiting, etc.

Makes me wonder if they are using swine flu a ruse for something else.

I do not catch flues or colds very often. This thing has hit my area hard.
My entire family has been sick with it, all my neighbors.

I have had flu twice in my life but not with these symptoms.

I have been to the doctor, and ruled out strep just in case.

I do notice the article said , people will assume they had the swine flu,
and not have it, then not get vaccinated. Maybe just a ruse to make more people pay for shots, maybe something else entire. I dont know but I know a rotten egg when I smell one.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

Did you go to the doctor and get tested?

I got sick last week and would have sworn it was the flu, felt like the flu, but they tested me and it was not. My doctor stated (I live in a large metro area) that he had NOT seen a confirmed case of the flu in anyone over 20 yrs old.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Something here is out of balance.

While our (German) media inform us of 1,000 dead children from swine flu
in the US out of a total population of 300+ million, Germany reports three
dead out of 25,000 infected out of a total population of 83+ million.

Vaccination started yesterday all over Germany with little interest from the
population due to controversial discussions about the side-effects and the
gravity of the flu, and because of preferential treatment of the army with
a different vaccine.

Health care and ambulance personnel are the first to be vaccinated.

Recent US Martial Law legislation in connection with swine flu or using swine
flu as a pretext to prepare for financial operations with respect to unrest ?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Interestingly, a coworker just sent me a link to this source in an email.

I came here to post it, you already have. I'm surprised the thread isn't more active. A lot of valid questions are brought up in that article as to why the CDC would grossly overstate swine flu cases.

I was watching The Doctors on my lunch break and they had a gal from the CDC on. She was obviously trying scare everybody by going on about how widespread it was and how they've never seen such numbers so early in the year, even with the regular flu.

They had a map that was virtually 100% dark orange and she said that's unheard of. Then the Dr. said his intent was to "scare the heck out of people but not to make them panic". Uhhhh...okay?

Then they pressed the issue of how safe the vaccine is and how everyone should get it.

So my ultimate conclusion from all of this is, they either just want to make big bucks off the vaccine, or they want everyone to get the vaccine for nefarious reasons. Logic says it's the money, the conspiracy part of me says there's something in that vaccine.

Edit to add: I wish I had a recorder to get on tape when the CDC head said, "THE US GOVERNMENT WILL NOT MAKE GETTING VACCINATIONS MANDATORY". I hope not.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Said at the start that swineflu was rubbish, and people like ron paul said too. Unbelievable what commotion it caused that first month.

I wonder how many people in the usa will listen to this?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

I've emailed my step-mom who told me she had the swine last week. I've asked her if she was just told she does or if they actually tested her for it and it was confirmed as swine.

I guess we'll wait and see what she says. I'm very interested to know.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

This is what is worrying me about whatever people are getting sick from. So far it seems the people that are dying are people who either already had medical issues and the ones that don't have medical issues are young kids.

As said in an earlier post, I was watching the doctors and they made a point to say that the rate of death amongst kids with no other health issues was worrisome.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Udo Hohnekamp Lux.
Something here is out of balance.

While our (German) media inform us of 1,000 dead children from swine flu
in the US out of a total population of 300+ million, Germany reports three
dead out of 25,000 infected out of a total population of 83+ million.

Vaccination started yesterday all over Germany with little interest from the
population due to controversial discussions about the side-effects and the
gravity of the flu, and because of preferential treatment of the army with
a different vaccine.

Health care and ambulance personnel are the first to be vaccinated.

Recent US Martial Law legislation in connection with swine flu or using swine
flu as a pretext to prepare for financial operations with respect to unrest ?

flutracker.rhizalabs.com...
This web site has statistics that don't make sense. Over in Kansas supposedly 2000 have died form h1n1 yet when I talked to the Kansas Health Dept they said only 7 haved died?
This flu tracker also says only one person has died in China of H1N1. If I remember correctly China is usually a country that has outbreaks of communicable dieases a lot.(Sars,avian). China's population is about 2 billion so why isn't rampent there? Is there anyone in China who can confim any of this?
Look at the other countrys who have a lot less deaths? Even mexico has less deaths than the US now. Third world countries are dealing with this better than the US or at least not being hit as hard?
You are right about being out of balance.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by dreamseeker]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

My step-mom said she was tested (she lives in Missouri btw). She also had this to say:

"Yes I was tested. However, I have been told that the tests aren't always correct so the Centers for Disease Control tell most doctors if the symptoms are there and the test says no then treat it as swine. "

So docs are being told to call it swine no matter what. Because a negative test could still mean it's swine and a positive test could still be wrong but it's still swine.

So basically, anyone with flu like symptoms is said to have swine.

top topics

join