It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Hell real?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost in the Machine

God gives a very explicit physical location for the Garden of Eden on our own planet. He never alludes to Eden existing in some other outside world or realm.

A river flowed out of Eden to water the garden, and there it divided and became four rivers. 11 The name of the first is Pishon; it is the one which flows around the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold; 12 and the gold of that land is good; bdellium and onyx stone are there. 13 The name of the second river is Gihon; it is the one which flows around the whole land of Cush. 14 And the name of the third river is Tigris, which flows east of Assyria. And the fourth river is the Euphrates.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I wish I acually had the time to watch the video, I'm gonna try to watch it later. I understand the catholic view of hell because thats how I've been raised, but like most people I've kinda lost my faith, I don't go to church. I don't know if there is a heaven and hell, a God and a Devil, because the answers are behind the veil, but I hope there is because I know there are things that are bad, so there should be Good. Either way, I do my best, try to be nice to people, avoid getting into too much trouble and such.

I don't know if there is or isn't a God, but I'm going to try not to f*ck him off, just incase lol

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Your partly right. I'm sorry, I need to slumber. Too tired to hold up an argument.

We'll have to continue this when I rise again.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost in the Machine
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I'm not saying that he is lying, but I dont believe or follow anything he or anyone else says about taking trips to hell/heven. If you have read/studied the bible, you will find that it is against personal revelations. The bible pretty much says that personal revelations should be exactly that, PERSONAL.

No, the Bible says no PROPHECIES are "for private interpretation." The Apostle John was given a revelation, as was Paul. A "revelation" is God revealing something to man. And The Bible is clear that in the end times, men will have visions, sons and daughters will have prophetic revelations, etc...

god can reveal something to anyone, and if during the revelation it's told to man to write down what he or she sees and tell others it's no different than what John did on the island of Patmos for the Book of Revelation:

"write down all that you see and hear..."

Now, with that being said, a student of the Bible can discern bogus revelations, i was reading a "revelation" from a man who said he was given a vision of heaven, but he wrote every time Jesus spoke to him he said "Servant, come here I want to show you X". Now, someone familiar with the gospels knows Jesus said he no longer calls us "servants" but "friends", so right there red flags are raised. And the man said Jesus showed him Mary, and she was crying because people on Earth were worshipping/praying to her. But the Bible clearly says in heaven there will be no pain, no tears, so again red flags were raised. revelations still happen at the pleasure of God, but one needs discernment to divide the fluff from the good.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I disagree. If we were ment to know more about Heaven/Hell it would have been revealed by John in revelations or perhaps another prophet. God would have added the revelation into the Bible, that way people would know it was a divine experience. Whats to say that these people who have "experiences" not just faking it? Everything we need to know to obtain eternal life is in the bible, everything else is irrelevent.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99

Limited ability? Can you define that? If you ask the right questions and research things you will understand how everything falls into play.

When people ask questions like "why is there suffering" and "why do evil people prosper" and "why is God punishing me", you often get answers such as "it is all apart of God's plan and will be explained to you in time." God is portrayed as all-knowing, all-loving and all-powerful. We are not. How are we to understand his ways if we do not possess the same qualities? I have many times asked for Gods help, but after not receiving it have decided to stop asking as much in the past.

Because he wanted you to choose your own path. It wouldn't be that fun if you knew what everyone was going to do...would it? It is a given that people will stray away from their beliefs, all he wants is you to do is go back to him. No matter what kind of sin you committed, as long as you repent and try to better yourself by realizing your mistakes, he will forgive you.

This still does not explain why we are given the option to sin. Whether we have free will or no free will, we will never be on par or equivalent with God, so it does not matter what He gives us. He will know before we are even presented with a choice which path we will take. If there is no Hell then I would not have a problem with those views. People who say Hell does exist are the ones who I feel have been mislead.

I like when people ask this question, because majority of Christians don't know how to answer it. The best gift God gave for us is free will. People think it is marriage, but truly it is free will. He wants you to be happy but at the same time you should know evil will try to corrupt you. He wants you to follow your own path, at the same time he wants you to be good. He is like a father. He wants you to do things on your own, learn on your own, and grow on your own. He gives you enough tools to reject evil, the rest is all on your own.

A loving Father would never allow the creation of a place where one of his children could potentially suffer for eternity. It does not make sense. Again, I understand where you are coming from with the Father aspect, it just does not fit in with the idea of Hell.

Because like God, satan wants to take credit for leading as many of his followers away as possible. At one time, God and Satan used to be in harmony. Satan was jealous of God because all the angel worshiped him. So Satan lured 1/3 of God's angels away, and so he was cast out. God did not want to destroy something that was so beautiful.

How was Satan able to experience a sensation like jealousy? This is the problem that I have. If God is truly the Creator, then he must have seen the betrayal coming before he regarded Satan as his highest Angel.

The only explanation I can think of is that God got so bored and depressed with nothing to do that he pretended he was powerless so that he could find something to do and feel like he had a purpose. This might be true.

[edit on 6/11/2009 by Dark Ghost]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join