It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Hell real?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Many people do not believe that there exists a "real" physical Hell. Even some born again Christians believe in "Annihilationism" (God ends the lost people's eternal existence) or "Universalism" (all are eventually saved after torment for a period of time), but the Word of God teaches much differently.

I invite you to listen to the testimony of Bill Weise, he claims the Lord took him on a 23 minute journey into Hell and told him to tell the World that 1. Hell is real and 2. Hell is eternal.

My thoughts and prayers are always with you all.

"23 Minutes In Hell" Bill Weise

If I can get one soul to watch the video I will consider my thread a great success.

Thank you for your time all, and God bless.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Could have been a temporal lobe seizure.

I watched the video, all I can say was his experience was subjective. All the things he saw could have been fed to his sub-conscious through culture. How did he know the demon was 13 foot tall? Why not 12 or 14? He even recognized the demon from a video??

I hope my post has added something rather than just saying "NO!". But in the end, I think hell does not exist.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This is one NDE experience. 1... Out of hundreds even thousands. They all contradict each other. This really proves nothing. If there is a hell it would be for killers or rapists. The bible says if you aren’t a virgin when you are married you will go to hell. Also if you do not believe in god you go to hell. I believe hell would be very different then it was interpreted by the bible. Someone posted something on here and said "how could god be caring and loving, if I someone who has sin wouldn’t even punish someone for eternity” If there is hell it would not be anything that is related to the bible, or the christian religion.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
In this man's case, it wasn't even a NDE. Gotta watch the video, though honestly I only watch so much of it myself before I lost interest.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I believe you create your own heaven and hell through the choices you make through out your life time. Heaven and Hell on earth, thats it.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
The bible says if you aren’t a virgin when you are married you will go to hell.

Please enlighten us where it says that.

Nice try, but, no, it doesn't state that in the Bible.
Prove me wrong. =P

[edit on 23-10-2009 by FBIRyan]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
All those who did not follow thee Koran will face the judgement of Allah.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I've heard of plenty of Near Death accounts of both Heaven and Hell but I discount them whenever they come from religiously biased people. Any time a preacher, pastor, believer or zealot claims such things I have to consider it simply religious bias, especially when they talk of Hell.

If God is real and He is Loving as most religion claims then there would be no need for Hell (at least not how it is depicted in the self-contradictory descriptions of it given in the Bible). The Fire and Brimstone Lake of Fire nonsense is put there to scare people, they want to say "Oh, you believe you can think for yourself and question what we're telling you is true? WRONG, if you do that, if you don't obey, you BURN and not just your ordinary skin melting torment for a few hours, you burn for eternity."

I, a flawed human being, could NEVER find it in my heart to damn anyone to an eternal Hell, maybe a temporary one (reserved only for people like Hitler), but never an Eternal one.

Its a concept, its not real as far as I can tell. Show me a near death experience of someone who has NEVER even heard the stereotypical Heaven Hell afterlife paradigm and I will show you an unbiased experience that might show us a real window.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FBIRyan

Actually according to the Bible you go to Eternal Lake of Fire type punishment for things a lot less than doing "it" before marriage. Check out the absurd list in Revelations Chapter 21:

"But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

So everyone who lies on a regular basis (which would be every single human being on the planet) and all who are cowardly (some translations say those who are lacking in courage) apparently go to Hell. So Jesus comes and preaches that the meek will inherit the Earth and all of a sudden those meek folks lacking in courage are getting tossed in with sinners. Oh and apparently all magicians and astrologers and anyone who is "immoral" (most translations say sexually immoral).

the Bible is very inconsistent about it...

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by PontiacWarrior

You posted 21 minutes after I did in the OP, the video is over an hour long.

If you did this for a book report, (read 1/3 of the book), you'd fail.

But I'm satisfied you attempted to watch it.

You're going into a realm outside of the discussion, this thread is not about NDEs.

I have my opinions on such, but if you would like my thoughts start a thread about them and I'll kindly post in it.

thank you for watching a portion of the video.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
To all posters, kindly refrain from the topic of NDEs, this man had a revelation from god, not an NDE.

I'd be more than happy to respond in a thread about NDEs, but thats off-topic for this thread.

Thank you all for participating though.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
EDIT: Removed the first and last parts because they were off-topic.

In regards to the views expressed by this man in the video you provided, could you please answer the following questions:

1) Can you explain how a loving, benevolent God could create or allow to exist a place where souls will suffer for ETERNITY because of their beliefs/actions in a world where God gave them limited ability to understand his true nature and their purpose?

2) Can you explain how an all-knowing God could allow free will to humans, knowing before they are even created that a very large proportion of humans would choose to do evil and make good people suffer?

3) Why did God give humans free will? Would it not have been more simple to prevent those who choose evil from ever existing in the first place?

4) Why is God, as according to the big religions, so insecure that he needs His creations to pledge allegiance to him, when they are born into a world which allows them to doubt?

[edit on 24/10/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Interesting video. Makes you really wonder about hell. If something like that is real I definitely do not want to experience it. But how exactly am I supposed to do that? I've already sinned in my life so now what?

I was just reading about the Ten Commandments and I can barely understand what some of it means. Why is it that God only intervenes so intricately on our planet back in the day when we were primitive? Why can't he intervene right now and give us an update that we can understand?

I honestly want to understand God and what it is he wants of me, but how am I supposed to do that when his scriptures are written practically in a different language? The Ten Commandments even talks about your neighbor's male or female slave, and their ox, and their donkey. That stuff doesn't even make sense today in a modern society.

God even admits that he is a jealous God, so if he's so jealous and wants us to behave a certain way while we're on this planet why doesn't he give us an update? Don't you think it's long overdue?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Also, the movie portrayed Satan as ruling over hell, but I thought Satan is supposed to be fighting against God? Why would God send people to him as if they have some sort of agreement or something? Why would Satan care about worldly affairs when he's busy having so much fun watching over hell?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

If you are basing the reality or truth of one man's statements about his experiences on my beliefs and thoughts that's extremely intellectually dishonest.

His testimony is his alone, I was not there I just shared it with you all. You're more than welcome to ask those questions about God of me and I'd be more than happy to answer them, however they are NOT the topic of this thread and therefore off topic.

U2U me the Qs and I'll answer them. For now the topic is the video and if his testimony changes your thoughts on Hell existing or not.

Thank you for participating in this thread though.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
If hell is eternal and real then I look forward to being in it. I do not want to pray under a god that would torture you for eternity due to your beliefs. Him doing that would be like a father killing his own son because he is gay.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I suppose we'll eventually find out first hand.

I note that some real SOB's that didn't have any religion before their own near-death experiences, upon returning told some things that scared the "hell" out of them.

They believed to so thoroughly that they caught a glimpse, they reversed their lives entirely.

Odd, for non-believers to do something like that.

Especially if it doesn't exist.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

That is really interesting. Do you have any examples of that? I would really like to see them.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
You need to seriously have a Warning on the video about the nausiating christian pushing in this video.

That aside, I would like to discuss the possibilities of this existence.

I personally have had contact with Angels, Demons, and the afterlife. I know they all exist, and I know God isnt all "good and perfect" like some of the bible preaches. God created Jealousy- Hatred- therefore he has it himself. How could he create something he never experienced? Even if he doesent harbor these emotions, he feels them through his creatures that he created called Humans and other life forms- and it has left him with a rather bad taste in his mouth.

for all of my travels in astral space, and to the afterlife, it is clear to me that these places- this place hell existed for this man. He went to a real place- and its real because HIS RELIGION FEAR MONGERS THIS HELL INTO EXISTENCE.

To believe in something is to give it life and creation. Christians who learned or feared hell, and believed they were going to go there when they died- go there.

Buddists, Taoists, Jewish, New Age etc.-- dont go to hell. We dont give it power. I personally know it exists, in different ways, for different species and dimensions-- but I know I am a good soul. I have never intentionally maliciously hurt someone in my entire life, however have been the victim of countless atrocities from family members and ex boyfriends that I know evil exists. And that evil is there- in a place called hell, if they fear it.

There are so many many wandering lost souls in limbo afraid of crossing over from being "thrust to hell" it really makes me very deeply saddened. God really dropped the ball when it comes to interdimensional soul transitions. There arent always guides to show you to the otherside and lots of people get lost inbetween and chose to stay earthbound- which is all they know. How could you blame them?

When I get back up there I plan on changing somethings. I have done hundreds of spirit rescues which in my opinion never should of happened. People always want to beleive that their spirit will immediately cross over but thats really about a 75% chance. the other 25% get stuck- and because of their differing belief systems- limbo is a scary place for most. The need for compassionate people like myself to help these souls is real.

In my opinion, Limbo is equally Hell.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

You've had contact with Angels and Demons? I don't get how people can say things like that. What exactly do you mean when you say you've had contact with Angels and Demons?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join