It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Charged After Making Coffee Naked: UPDATED

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It has just said on our news here that she was taking a short cut across his lawn.....
Now IF that is true and IF it was her usual practice, maybe it was deliberate on his part.
Whatever - I hope they throw this out of court and that anyone who complained gets laughed at for the rest of their days,,,,

[edit on 22-10-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
What a ridiculous case. Not only should this be thrown out of court, the woman should be arrested for trespassing, peeping, and stupidity. On top of that the cops that actually did the arresting without using their #ing brains should be reprimanded and demoted.

If this guy gets convicted, spends any time in jail, or is fined anything the jury and the judge should all be assassinated for stupidity.

WTF is wrong with our population that everyone thinks that everyone else's business is everyone else's business?!?

I agree with GetReadyAlready, lets just hop onto that slippery slope at the very least maybe people will realize how absurd our culture is becoming.

The media keeps saying we don't want to become a "Nanny" state, well I say our state is already in a state of perpetual childishness and maybe we need a Nanny, at the very lease we all need slapped. For Gods Sake, it makes me sick the disgraceful and idiotic way our people have begun to act.

Robots is an understatement!

[edit on 22-10-2009 by memarf1]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
That man should have known better than to gallivant around his house naked while the neighborhood peeping Jane was around! The offensive things she must have been forced to witness as she pressed her face up against the glass with both hands around her face so she could get a better view must have been unimaginable.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Maybe they arrested him for his own protection.

Geez, you could really get a nasty burn in a very bad place making hot coffee naked.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

I guess you could say they had "grounds" to arrest him!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Gee is nothing sacred anymore. What if he was in the bathroom taking a shower or just getting out of the shower and somebody happened to look in.

Maybe he should reverse the charge and charge the person for stalking or invasion of privacy or whatever, if there is such a charge.

I don't even want to think about where this world is going to be in 5 or 10 years from now. Maybe its best to lock yourself in your home and close all the windows and blinds. Heck why not just board them up and never show your face again. That way we can't get into any trouble.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
well crap. guess im going to have to be more careful seeing as how I am usually naked when I post here. haha.

we should hang outside the callers house so when they get out of the shower we can bring the swat team in to show them that decent people wear bathing suits in the shower.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
why is he being arrested? for being naked in his own home? thats silly.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by unicorn1
It has just said on our news here that she was taking a short cut across his lawn.....
Now IF that is true and IF it was her usual practice, maybe it was deliberate on his part.
Whatever - I hope they throw this out of court and that anyone who complained gets laughed at for the rest of their days,,,,

If thats true then that makes the whole thing even more ridiculous. She shouldnt have been walking across his lawn!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
She was trespassing and peeping through his window with a young child.
What the hell is wrong with the lady, the police and the Commonwealth's Attorney's Office???

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ilovetoledo

I guess you could say they had "grounds" to arrest him!

For a pun that bad, this is the only time I have wished for a negative star feature on ATS!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by There Once Was Man

Originally posted by There Once Was Man
This whole episode could be laid to rest if people would just abide by doing in Rome as the Romans do.

Rome fell.

[edited to add inane quote]

[edit on 22-10-2009 by McGinty]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
If I were him Id make a complaint that the woman was willingly exposing her child to his nakedness. If she was already aware that he was prone to walking round his house naked then what on earth did she expect?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Oh dear god, what if they bring out laws about being ugly will I have to develop night vision ?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
GTA San Andreas Hot Coffee mod anyone?

Second line

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Lemme get this strait, the police came onto his property and arrested him? With what cause? A phone call from a woman who was trespassing? How did the police decide what the woman was saying was credible?

When police can enter your home via testimony of any random citizen without verification of credibility, then we are not being protected from wrongful arrest, search, or seizure. Sad. I guess we all better watch out for any enemies we make because you might be just a phone call away from a prison cell!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ListenD
How did the police decide what the woman was saying was credible?

Her husband is a cop. She probably went home and told him she saw this guy naked, he probably got jealous and pissed off, then called in his buddies to arrest the guy.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TroyB

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I want to know what kind of person calls the cops for seeing somebody neud in their own home.

They told you right in the story...a COP's WIFE! and that's what it's about. I don't know what time school buses stop there, but my kids were on the bus and gone well before 8:00AM

The guy did the smart thing by moving, after all...when you've stirred trouble with a cop's family, your life in the neighborhood isn't going to be pleasant by any means!

Yes, it's a cop's wife.

That wasn't in the original reports though.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ListenD
Lemme get this strait, the police came onto his property and arrested him? With what cause? A phone call from a woman who was trespassing? How did the police decide what the woman was saying was credible?

When police can enter your home via testimony of any random citizen without verification of credibility, then we are not being protected from wrongful arrest, search, or seizure. Sad. I guess we all better watch out for any enemies we make because you might be just a phone call away from a prison cell!

Because in the US it seems all you have to do is mention "sex crime" and we see ALL notion of civil liberties vanish. The attitude seems to be that once we decide someone is a pervert, they have no rights, and if we think they might be a pervert, then the ARE a pervert and QED guilty of what anyone alleges -- and even if they are not guilty, we now know they are perverts anyway and we will be keeping close tabs on them and will nail them once they slip up. And if they don't slip up, we will make them slip up.

Sorry but I've heard exactly that sort of conversation with friends of mine who are in law enforcement in the US. The problem is what they consider "perverted" is strictly based on their own ... eerr inclinations. One detective explained to me that anyone who was sexually involved with anyone who was more than ten years younger than they were was a pervert and probably a pedophile for wanting someone that much younger . I pointed out that for someone his age (25) that might be true but then showed him a news article where an 89 year old man had just married his 75 year old girlfriend and he just replied that people that old having sex was just as perverted.

Thank god I didn't offer to make coffee.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by metamagic

I pointed out that for someone his age (25) that might be true but then showed him a news article where an 89 year old man had just married his 75 year old girlfriend and he just replied that people that old having sex was just as perverted.

Old people having sex is perverted???

Wow...and these people have the power to arrest people...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join