It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Charged After Making Coffee Naked: UPDATED

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Whole lotta issues here;

First, its five am (presumably) dark outside, and light inside. If you're running
around nude, you're on display, whether you think your acting privately or not.

Second, how ~low~ are these windows? Are we talking the usual chest high
type? Probably not, probably talking talking about those full-length breakfast
nook variety windows with the shades gloriously opened. If so, and you're
standing right in front of them, back-lit, and solemnly stirring your coffee
while you ponder the wonders of the universe...you're either 'fflicted with
an ~extreme~ case of early morning ADD, or you're a philosophically
thoughtful, coffee stirring, pervert.

Home, or no home, society sez, no wigglies on display. Golden Rule applies
here...don't show me yours and I won't show you mine.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
Children seeing nakedness won't upset them, but if adults react to it badly then children associate it with bad things.

Nothing really wrong with spiders, they actually do a good job in the grand view of things.

However, when i was a child i remember my mother screaming and panicking whenever one ran across the floor. My dad didn't mind spiders, but would flatten it with his shoe, just keep my mum quiet.

Now i'm irrationally terrified of spiders.

I guess i don't have to clarify the analogy, but a woman screams at something harmless, then her husband canvases for anyone in the area that may have seen anything 'suspicious'.

Before you know it, the children grow up thinking nudity is terrifying.

So much transference

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
this is one of the stupidest things ive ever heard in my entire life. up there with the fatties who sued mcdonalds for making them fat.

i really need to get out of this country, the people here are idiots.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I do this all the time! You can bet I wont be doing this ever again! Now getting my wife to stop is another story.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
This whole episode could be laid to rest if people would just abide by doing in Rome as the Romans do. If you're in a naturists colony, it's fine, but if you're in an area where that's frowned on, it's not.

Parading nude in the front window while the kiddies are walking by is just wrong in my opinion. The big question in my mind is what this guy was thinking while he was standing there scrathing his whatevers and sipping a cup of coffee.

I mean, c'mon, put yourself in this guys place. There you are, buck naked, standing at the front window as a kid and mother walk by staring at you. How do you feel? No, really- YOU'RE the guy naked in the window being looked at by neighbourhood children and mothers- how do you FEEL?

Embarassed a little? Embarassed a lot? Or are you thinking something a little different?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Ah yes, it is all starting to make sense now as two new details have been released:

1: The man's house is near a school bus stop
2: The woman is married to a cop

To address the first point, I will quote George Carlin: "# the children"

I am so sick of this obsessive devotion to protecting children. Aren't we supposed to be the adults here? We react more negatively and immaturely to something as simple as a naked body than the children do.

What harm does a naked body do to a child? Are they never going to see one in their lives? Should we shield their eyes and ears from anything we deem inappropriate forever?

The censorship of real life has gone to extreme lengths, and it is all fueled by how politically correct society feels it needs to be. It really could be classified as a disease at this point because it has become so obsessive-compulsive that people like this woman go out of their way to seem like good parents, good (insert nationality here), and good human beings.

It only makes what is going on in this case more obvious to know that she is married to a cop. That is why she won't be charged with trespassing. Police officers never stab one of their own in the back, even if it is the right and lawful thing to do.

What this case has turn in to is a witch hunt. This woman was "offended", she went home crying to her husband, and he got the whole county on this innocent man. Now with this story going international, and the police department aware that they have no case, they have stirred a bit of bull# in to the mix by claiming he has done this before and putting up fliers to turn the whole neighborhood against him.

This is typical of this country and it's justice system. It's not about what is right or wrong, good or bad, legal or illegal; It's about who you know. In this case, the woman - who is always innocent in society's eyes - is married to the right person, and the man - who is always guilty in society's eyes - is not.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I clicked on the link for the update.

www.myfoxdc.com...

The woman just happens to be the wife of a Fairfax County cop. No matter what she was doing: trespassing, peeping, etc., nothing will happen to her. And her word will be gold - his will be worthless.

Gotten Love Living in Amerika!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

I would say that is prettymuch the truth. The fact that they seem to have had no open cases but suddenly say there have been other complaints seems suspect. It's like they're hoping the morons who want attention and tv exposure will come to their aid and lie for them. They're probably right as well, some people will clamber upon this smoking TNT pile of nonsense just to get their 15 minutes of fame.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I want to know what kind of person calls the cops for seeing somebody neud in their own home.

They told you right in the story...a COP's WIFE! and that's what it's about. I don't know what time school buses stop there, but my kids were on the bus and gone well before 8:00AM

The guy did the smart thing by moving, after all...when you've stirred trouble with a cop's family, your life in the neighborhood isn't going to be pleasant by any means!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by There Once Was Man
This whole episode could be laid to rest if people would just abide by doing in Rome as the Romans do. If you're in a naturists colony, it's fine, but if you're in an area where that's frowned on, it's not.

Parading nude in the front window while the kiddies are walking by is just wrong in my opinion. The big question in my mind is what this guy was thinking while he was standing there scrathing his whatevers and sipping a cup of coffee.

I mean, c'mon, put yourself in this guys place. There you are, buck naked, standing at the front window as a kid and mother walk by staring at you. How do you feel? No, really- YOU'RE the guy naked in the window being looked at by neighbourhood children and mothers- how do you FEEL?

Embarassed a little? Embarassed a lot? Or are you thinking something a little different?

According to the report, the man was NOT standing in front of his window naked sipping coffee. He was seen by this woman while he was standing at his kitchen counter making coffee.

Also, it was 5:30 in the morning. A person should not have to worry about people looking in his windows at 5:30 AM.

Like I said in another post -- If the man wanted to be seen by the children, he would have stood nude in front of his window while the kids were at the bus stop -- he wouldn't have done so by standing at his kitchen counter at 5:30 AM.

Unless I'm missing some of the story, it seems to me like a lack of common sense on the part of the police and an overreaction in trying to protect children.

I'm all for protecting children, but they need to do so without placing the stigma of "child molester" on a potentially innocent man. That's a stigma that is hard to remove and could ruin the man's life -- even if he is found to be innocent.

[edit on 10/22/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I sometimes make coffee naked and not drink it at all, just dump it down the drain, then make another batch naked, and finally put some clothes on and go back to bed.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
What was he stirring the coffee with?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The corruption is a disgrace.

I told you she must be blowing of some cop, and i did not read the story.
He was right to move obviously as well, as the scum in the polcie could make his life hell.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereistic01
this is one of the stupidest things ive ever heard in my entire life. up there with the fatties who sued mcdonalds for making them fat.

i really need to get out of this country, the people here are idiots.

Just an observation, but it's funny how some people get their panties in a bunch over a nude guy making some coffee, but have absolutely no problem watching the violence that goes on daily against their fellow humans. THAT is obscene.
I think deriestic01 summed it up perfectly.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I wonder, would this woman have called the police if a naked woman had been at the window? I only ask that question because society seems fine with naked women, it is seen as natural, even in front of children, but if it's a man then he's obviously dangerous.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I suddenly thought up an acronym for this sort of thing: "OCNAD" as in Obsessive Compulsary Nudity Avoidance Disorder..
given the fact that most disorders are of a mental sort, this seems fitting?

Fits nice in with ADD an such
Another mental disorder that the western world can add to their colourful scala of mental issues..

We are so mentally&socially lost with all our s.c."civilization", that it is no longer funny.

Indeed: bored prudish police-wife soccer-mom on a power shtick, ruining a man's life because he had the audacity to walk around in his own house, in his birth-costume sheesh!

She should visit an European beach or lake during summer...Her husband wouldn't have enough paper to scribble down her complaints(or maybe she would get a heart-attack, seeing all those bare butts&boobs..) And I am not even mentioning the amount of advertizing overhere with buck-nekkid men&women(!!)

Funniest bit? I bet my behind that her kid couldn't stop giggling, seeing this dude walking around "au nature" and the only trauma is on her behalf...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

Wait...they busted in to his home? That means that they went out of thier way to get a warrant! Seriously, this aggravates me. I'm sorry, the officers and the judge who issued the warrant (if there was one) should be fired. The peeping tom should be placed on house arrest with the curtains drawn...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

"WTF!!!" Perhaps this so called "witness" should be charged with "Stalking!" I mean get Real! Honestly people don't have anything better to do these day's... Such a Crazy @$#%@d Up World We Unfortunately Live In!!!

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 22-10-2009 by catalyst2466]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
ya this case is a joke, nothing else to it
id like to meet whoever called in to the police, must be one very pathetic and controlled person
if anything that person she be arrested for being to nosie this is ridiculous

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Maybe we should all call or e-mail the police department and tell them what we really think about this "cops" wife. Maybe someone needs to tune her up so she doesn't go out and find those places that give her impure thoughts. Little busy body bimbo...

What walks their kid at 5:30 am anyway? What a skank of a woman.

Now they say it was 8:30 am? Come on... Who is kidding who here? LIARS!

If he is charged and convicted and has to register as a sex offender because of this I would not blame him for doing what needs to be done...

[edit on 22-10-2009 by northof8]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join