It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What race was Jesus?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Truley Illmatic, you are the worst of all people to speak of the bible. Apart from Brian I can honestly say that your biblical posts are the most dishonest I have ever encountered.

That dishonesty occurs because you use the bible to prove your political point, not read the bible to see what it says. That you have to go to such extremes to justify your political beliefs to bolster your ego is sad.

Leave the bible alone, just say "I am superior because I am black". Then I can ignore you as someone needing psychiatric advice.

Originally posted by Illmatic67
no, i dont think jesus being white is the root problem for racism, but's up there.

My evidence is in the bible... Abraham forbids Isaac to marry a caananite woman (white woman)

"cursed be caanan"

Elisha cursing a man to become white is another of my proof

King David was black, solomon wrote in his songs praising israel's blackness

Jesus is a direct descendant of Solomon.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
netchicken,

all you do is put a blast on me, get off my balls.
first of all, I do not mix religion into politics because I know better not to do so.

second of all, I have never said anything that makes me greater than anyone else, if i have give me a quote because you seem to quote everything else I say.

and i have read the bible, another thing where your wrong.

I was studying the bible when most kids my age were smoking weed and going to clubs.

Elish DID curse a man that made him become white as snow, try to rebut me because you know I'm right.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Give it up Illmatic, Netchicken is right you have this " I am better cause I'm black" attitude. Listen everything in the Bible happened in the Mid. East area meaning Isreial Palestine, Egypt, and Babylon. You probaly belong to one of those " Black Power" groups. You are simply changing everything to suit blacks like you self. And last time I heard Russia was known as the "motherland".

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Actually I am sorry that I abuse you. I don't mean to take it out of your hide. What I hate is the twisting of scripture to prove a point. THAT is what I rage against, as a person you are probably an interesting and informed individual.

As far as I can remember I have only attacked you for corrupting the bible's meaning, and that I will not stop. As I will not stay silent and see the bible used as a political tool.

Also whenever I show you what the bible ACTUALLY says, even back to the original Hebrew or whatever, you are so blinkered, and so entrenched in your own mindset that you carry on with the same lies.

So I expect no change from you when again I show you that you are wrong in your biblical statements. The problem is not the bible, but your beliefs.

The verse you are talking about is where Gehazi tried to get money from Naaman.

Naaman had gone to elisha suffering from leprosy (a generic name for any skin disease) that turned his skin flaky white. Elisha healed him. When Elisha found out what Gehazi did he put the disease the had taken from Naaman onto Gehazi.

The "white" is the symptom of the disease and occurs frequently through the bible, even in the NT. I am not sure if what is translated as leprosy is infact leprosy as we know it, or some other medical disorder, or just a catch all for "skin diseases"

2Ki 5:26
But Elisha asked him, "Don't you realize that I was there in spirit when Naaman stepped down from his chariot to meet you? Is this the time to receive money and clothing and olive groves and vineyards and sheep and oxen and servants?

Because you have done this, you and your children and your children's children will suffer from Naaman's leprosy forever." When Gehazi left the room, he was leprous; his skin was as white as snow.

tsara`ath = leprosy
a) in people, malignant skin disease (Le. 13-14)
b) in clothing, a mildew or mould (Le. 13:47-52)
c) in buildings, a mildew or mould (Le. 14:34-53)

Lev 13:13
then the priest shall consider; and indeed if the leprosy has covered all his body, he shall pronounce him clean who has the sore. It has all turned white. He is clean.

See by putting your politics first you do not see what the truth is, only what you WANT to see in the bible. You are twisting the bible to match your beliefs.

Originally posted by Illmatic67
netchicken,

Elish DID curse a man that made him become white as snow, try to rebut me because you know I'm right.

[Edited on 22-2-2003 by Netchicken]

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetchickenAs far as I can remember I have only attacked you for corrupting the bible's meaning, and that I will not stop. As I will not stay silent and see the bible used as a political tool.

This is what I see as the same problem with all of the religions that have *based* themselves from the Bible...And why there's so *many splinter religions* formed by those differing political interpretations of it...

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   
netchicken, how do i misinterpret the bible to fit my own beliefs when all i do is quote something directly off the bible

it said elisha cursed a man to become as white as "snow".. i'm not twisting anything up

the only reason why i put this is if hebrews were white, why would they curse someone to become more white?

that's what I'm asking... because if they were white wouldnt it make more sense to curse a man to look black?? because black today is look upon as a curse while white is the color everyone wants to be.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
here is the verse from my last post...

Because you have done this, you and your children and your children's children will suffer from Naaman's leprosy forever." When Gehazi left the room, he was leprous; his skin was as white as snow.

Its not the color of the skin that is the issue its the leprosy. That is what the curse is about. The emphasis should be on the disease, which you would know led to social ostraization, not on the symptom.

infolep.antenna.nl...

Discoloration of the skin with sensory loss is an early symptom of leprosy. Then comes numbness in the discolored patches of skin followed by a gradual but total loss of feeling.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join