It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What race was Jesus?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2003 @ 09:18 PM
link   
History proves that Jesus was...ohhh, YOU decide!

There were 3 good arguments that Jesus was Black:
1. He called everyone "brother."
2. He liked Gospel.
3. He couldn't get a fair trial.

But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was
Jewish:
1. He went into His Fathers business.
2. He lived at home until he was 33.
3. He was sure his Mother was a virgin and his mother was sure he was God.

But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was Italian:
1. He talked with his hands.
2. He had wine with every meal.
3. He used olive oil.

But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was a Californian:
1. He never cut his hair.
2. He walked around barefoot all the time.
3. He started a new religion.

But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was Irish:
1. He never got married.
2. He was always telling stories.
3. He loved green pastures.

But the most compelling evidence of all---3 proofs that Jesus was a woman:
1. He fed a crowd at a moment's notice when there was no food.
2. He kept trying to get a message across to a bunch of men who just didn't get it.
3. And even when he was dead, He had to get up
because there was more work to do.

Amen!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I firmly believe he was a dark arab looking jew.

But it doesnt matter.

He has.

1. a skull

2. brain

3. bones and flesh

4. his blood is? red? same as all races.

5. he is our lord and saviour .

He could be a man with rainbow flesh and i still see the (saviour)

His heart is still my heart.

He loves, and i got my love from him.

whatever he is, hes still the lord whom heart i love.

God has truly mixed flesh color to feed our evil, and those who can see past
color can see past ignorance.

peace.

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   
What's the matter, Truth?...No sense of humor?

I'll bet that, even with the scriptures about his life being all serious-sounding, Jesus had a sense of humor that no one bothered to record anything about...

[Edited on 21-2-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 01:49 PM
link   
He was either Arabian or black. He was born in Arab lands. Near African lands. He was born in an area dominantly Arab. Very few whites were there.

Oh course, all his freinds though wine and bread was a dinner, so could have been Italian!

And truth, awwwww. "Here's a 10-10 number, collect call someone who cares."(Mine! Based off of "Here's a Quarter" song) Get a sense of humor. Or does the voice of god you hear tell you not to laugh?

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
oh very funny, it really was.

But, i know and you know illmatic will get mad at this one probably and
im just letting people know it doesnt matter.

And james, why talk like chinese import all time?

i can hardly understand you.

peace.

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Chinese import? Don't get it. Some speak well, some don't, some speak far better than most Americans. So what are you doing? Complimenting me, or degrading me? Oh well, I'll guess compliment. Bye bye truth, glad to hear your voice let's you have a sense of humor.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Why would I get mad? I laughed when I saw the part about him being black..

you say it doesnt matter but i know different... there'd be no racism in this world if we all knew Jesus was black.

people like truth will say it doesnt matter to hide the fact that he indeed was a black man.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 09:45 AM
link   
No no no, it does not matter to me, you dont know me or ever will.

some people just dont get it, instead they have a race agenda which
come (directly) from PRIDE.

Jesus even said dont try to imagine what he looked like, so why do you keep pushing this race agenda
on us?

He was jewish, he was brown jewish i suppose.

I still love him nomatter what, but you on the other hand only see color and a race agenda and
unless you release that your no better than the kkk.

peace.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
this fake truth just told me that i will never know him and never will and then he goes off saying i''m not better than te KKK

listen, truth.. me saying jesus was black has nothing to do with my pride... it's the TRUTH... should i conceal the truth because it might be hurtful to others? no

dont blame me just for trying to tell the truth... if i know something is true i'm not going to hide it in security of others.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Why would I get mad? I laughed when I saw the part about him being black..

you say it doesnt matter but i know different... there'd be no racism in this world if we all knew Jesus was black.

people like truth will say it doesnt matter to hide the fact that he indeed was a black man.

So you think the root of racism is because everyone thinks Jesus was White ( not that he wasn't, who knows ) ?
I think Jesus would probably call you a turd for thinking like this.

By the way where is your proof that Jesus was black ? Just because you believe something doesn't make it true.
Oh yes, very funny read Netchicken

[Edited on 22-2-2003 by mad scientist]

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
no, i dont think jesus being white is the root problem for racism, but's up there.

My evidence is in the bible... Abraham forbids Isaac to marry a caananite woman (white woman)

"cursed be caanan"

Elisha cursing a man to become white is another of my proof

King David was black, solomon wrote in his songs praising israel's blackness

Jesus is a direct descendant of Solomon.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
You forgot moses was condemned for marrying a black women.

peace.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   
condemned from what

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Numbers 12

"" For miriam and aron spoke out against moses because of the (ethiopian women) whom he
had married, for he had married an ethiopian women ""

peace.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67listen, truth.. me saying jesus was black has nothing to do with my pride... it's the TRUTH... should i conceal the truth because it might be hurtful to others? no

How do you *know* Jesus was black-skinned? Did you actually *meet* Him (If so, then you're a lot older than is believably feasable)? Do you have any actual (untouched) *photos*? No, cameras weren't invented that long ago. What actual *proof* do you have that convinces you Jesus was black-skinned? For all anyone has pointed out (in scripture), would they have considered it important enough of a distinction to *specify* what his skin color was?

Besides, the people of that era & geographical location where Jesus appeared were more *bronze-color* than black...Although there was some mixes of skin-color present (some of it due to the "displacement" of tribes defeated in war or other reasons for travel: There's a lot more mixing of colors within the population today than there were that long ago), most people there were roughly the same color. You also must take into account that genetic heredity can produce a fairly wide range of skin color even within the same family...A black family *can* give birth to a white child (either an albino or merely a genetic lack of melanin in the skin) & vice-versa.

Besides, if a person believes in the concept of human-unity (Which *is* was Jesus preached), then skin-color or even race differences would not be of any concern to you because you'd still see that other person as a brother/sister instead of being another race of human being.

What I believe Truth was trying to say:
In other words, if you believed in Jesus & his teachings, the question, "What race was Jesus" would have no relevance to you & it wouldn't be worth your time to comtemplate: You'd be seeing Jesus as being your Brother (Dad's *favorite* perhaps, but still you'd still see Jesus as Brother) instead of seeing Jesus as "a different race than mine" or "the same race as mine".

I'd have to agree with this...That's why I saw *humor* in the first post rather than seeing it as a point of debate.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Jesus was born in the Middle East so he would have Arab like skin or have Greek like skin. There is no way he was black.

1.) He would have been a slave, people back then did'nt like blacks either.

2.) He would have little or no followers.

3.) He was born in an Arab land.

4.) He would have benn killed alot quicker if her was black and more painful than being crucified on a cross.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Jesus was born in the Middle East so he would have Arab like skin or have Greek like skin. There is no way he was black.

1.) He would have been a slave, people back then did'nt like blacks either.

2.) He would have little or no followers.

3.) He was born in an Arab land.

4.) He would have benn killed alot quicker if her was black and more painful than being crucified on a cross.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   

How do you *know* Jesus was black-skinned? Did you actually *meet* Him (If so, then you're a lot older than is believably feasable)?

how do you know jesus was not black skinned? did you meet him?

everything jedimaster said was so false

first of all... 2,000 years ago the middle east didnt exist... it was AFRICA... asian minor today was africa back then, among other things.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
So everything that happened in the Bible happened in Africa? Is that what you are saying? Isriel was in Africa 2003 years ago huh? How can what you saying be true and what I said be false?

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Everything happened in Africa before it happened anywhere else.

why do you think they call it the Motherland? Because it's the birth continent of this entire world.

I'm not saying Israel was in Africa, Israel is right where it is today where it was 2,000 years ago.

All I'm saying is the region Israel is in, Asia Minor, was considered Africa 2,000 years ago.. The term "Middle East" did not exist.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join