It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A serious flaw in the bible...

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sigismundus
Hi Dirk Potters

Actually, you have a spelling typo (whoops ! common enough in these threads when people type so fast) i.e. in reading the English equivalents of the Greek for Yehoshua bar Yosef the Galilean Nazir (BCE 12 to CE 36) :

The name of course should be trans-literated as 'IESOUS', just as the name JOSHUA is transliterated from the paleoHeb Vorlage underlay to the LXX into the Greek as 'Iesous.

The name was later Latinised into Iesus, and when the J was invented in English, Jesus. Not that he would have recognised Iesus or 'Iesous anyway...he probably would have responded to the Aramaic shortened form, Yeshu but would have avoided 'gentile' nomenclatures to judge what he thought of those 'outside of the tribe' ! [e.g. "The Son of Man was SENT ONLY to the Elect of the LOST SHEEP of the HOUSE of YISRO'EL..."in Matt chapter 15] &tc.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

With all due respect, arguing with Christians is a very hard thing to do because of their faith. Take away their faith and speak in logical terms, however would be a different case. I once asked a Christian Minister about Carbon-Dating as well, his answer was "...Well God made some rocks with more carbon than others..." and that was the best answer he could give me. I must say I wasn't too impressed with his answer.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Time is not a conflict or a matter with God. The day can very well be enough for god to create each step listed in the bible. He is all doing all being our very fabric of reality has been constructed of god himself. Now I understand when we hear of 1 day. We think 24hours. With God, 24 hours could physically take on an effect of thousands or millions of years. With Scientific evidence to back up. ---
(Joshua 10) 12 "Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, sun stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, moon upon Ajalon.
13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.
14 And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the LORD hearkened unto the voice of a man: for the LORD fought for Israel."---
Just as easy as it is for the lord to alter time. He can also alter what he makes to give a great time illusion. He did not create Adam as a Physical Newborn Child, but as a full grown man. This could have easily been done with everything science has proven to be millions of years old. Science isnt completely wrong. they are more then likely quite right because they are good and trained to read or decipher what they can phyiscally see and comprehend. However to not understand the true force behind the events is the downfall of many. The answers are everywhere you must find them

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Killilluminatus Rex

Do you REALLY believe that YHWH the post exilic clan god of the Judaeans ACTUALLY commanded the SUN and the MOON to stand still so that the benei Yisro'el could 'revenge themselves' (!) on their enemies--i.e. as something that literally happened as in positivistic 'history'? Makes the astrophysicists of the world kind of crazy to think that suns and moons can stop just so some seminomadic tribelets, whose main feat seems to have been getting totally lost in the desert for 40 years, could genocide their political enemies...

Just curious is all...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sigismundus
Killilluminatus Rex

Do you REALLY believe that YHWH the post exilic clan god of the Judaeans ACTUALLY commanded the SUN and the MOON to stand still so that the benei Yisro'el could 'revenge themselves' (!) on their enemies--i.e. as something that literally happened as in positivistic 'history'? Makes the astrophysicists of the world kind of crazy to think that suns and moons can stop just so some seminomadic tribelets, whose main feat seems to have been getting totally lost in the desert for 40 years, could genocide their political enemies...

Just curious is all...

WOW!!!
A bit of repressed hatred for the Israelites, have we????

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hi Starwarped

Not at all...I just HATE GENOCIDE and EXTERMINATION in the name of bestial desert clan gods whose favourite hobby seems to be to wipe out whole tribelets like the Amalekites ('leave nothing alive that breathes, men, women, children and animals, show no mercy, genocide them all...') such as we find in those choice passages in the Torah (Deut. chapter 13, or Deut chapter 20 or Deut chapter 7) that seem to feel that genocide is OK---'as long it is against the Stupid Goyim' to quote R. Meir Kahane !!

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

So do you think "Foreign Policy" has a consequence?

Is the Foreign Policy of "GIVE US LAND AND WE WILL STOP KILLING YOUR CITIZEN'S", correct?
In our present era, i think it would be classified as "Terrorism".

Who is the aggressor?

What happened in the past should stay in the past. Any reference to what happened in 600 BC, in today's context, is misplaced and erroneous logic.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Hi Starwarped--

Actually, it is the present day Yisraelis

(most of whom are Turko-Ukranian Khazarian Ashkenazim CONVERTS to Judaism being descended from people who had lived in the area around Kiev having been converted to Rabinnic Judaiesm in the middle ages from having been mainly gentile Solar-Phallus Worhippers, c. 790 AD to c. 990 AD, read: Arthur Koestler's book, The Thirteenth Tribe, and being an Ashkenaz himself he was more than a little interested in getting to the facts of his own bloodline)

who claim that their religious beliefs which they often believe to be derived from the socalled 'bible' (codified not before BC 500) gives them some sort of warped 'divine right' to PRESENT DAY Palestinian lands--

So it is not 'erroneous logic' at all to show WHY these modern day morons in Eretz Yisro'el today who call themselves 'benei Yisro'el (imagining themselves to be blood-physical descendants of the Israelitish amphyctionies, who are actually more or less extinct today largely due to centuries of intermarriages with gentiles ('the goytim') since AD 70 in the Diaspora and especially following the TWO Failed Jewish Wars against Rome which wiped out 2/3 of the Judaean ('Israelitish') population, if you believe anything that Josephus wrote, and he was there to witness it first hand, so he should know)...

So to these mis-guided persons (most of which are on the right wing in Israel), the 'bible' for them DOES matter i.e. politically in terms of what they see as their SOLE purpose for living/returning to that tiny patch of nonsense the size of Delaware--just think these people COULD have had the whole of southern Argentina to themselves if they had played their cards right back in 1897--but it is the impossibly arrogant propaganda of that heinous genocidal book (still being believed and followed by millioins of ignorant persons today as being the 'inspired' word (!) of the vicious clan god of the Jews) that is STILL having 'real' political influence over a that tiny piece of land that has long outgrown its importance in the world and over which so much blood has been unecessarily spilt over the centuries....

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join