It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Negative points?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

You have -80 ATS Points, 3 BTS Points, PTS Points, and -77 Combined Points to use in the store.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by FoxMulder91]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

In this, my fourth or fifth incarnation at the site, being banned before, I think I have about a billion negative points.

It is a site that encourages traffic. If people read your posts you will stay on.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Do you have a question about your negative points?

I noticed you make some one line posts, and if they are determined to not contribute to the thread, they can earn you small point deductions. So make sure your posts really contribute something to the thread if that's the cause of your point deductions.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I too am not clear on this negative points game. How does it work?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
You can get negative points by either being warned enough while you are close to 0 ATS or BTS points, as Arbitrageur said. OR if you purchase something in the ATS store and use the "combined points" but do not have enough in one of the areas (BTS or ATS). I think those are the only ways you can get into the negative, maybe a mod can explain further if needed, but I am pretty sure I am right, but I may have missed something.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

This post explains the point system:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hope that helps. It's a little out of date.

Here's a post about the points deductions for one line posts that don't contribute to the thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And if you attack other users instead of attacking their ideas, that can earn you some really big point deductions, like 500 points I think. So don't attack other members, only their ideas.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
You can get negative points by either being warned enough while you are close to 0 ATS or BTS points, as Arbitrageur said. OR if you purchase something in the ATS store and use the "combined points" but do not have enough in one of the areas (BTS or ATS). I think those are the only ways you can get into the negative, maybe a mod can explain further if needed, but I am pretty sure I am right, but I may have missed something.

No, that's not entirely true, depending on who you are, you don't have to have any warnings to go into the negitive.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

And if you attack other users instead of attacking their ideas, that can earn you some really big point deductions, like 500 points I think. So don't attack other members, only their ideas.

Try a 1000 pts.

Here again, it's not the same member to member. I wish it were. IMO, the system needs to be a bit more fair. It sends the wrong signals to members when it is not.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Human fallibility will always be part of the equation, But whats to be done but carry on. Its not like TPTB care about the little guy no matter what system it is government or a forum. Its just human nature playing itself out. My advice make friends with the powers that be of become the powers that be.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by useless eaters

What? Where did you hear that at? Unless it is some code glitch or the aforementioned reasons you are not going to have negative points.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Just for clarity.

A warning is a 500-point deduction.
A post removed because of bad manners (Civility and decorum required) is a 1,000-point deduction.

And the comment that it (point penalties and/or your point total) depends on who you are, is nonsense. Each and every person on ATS follows exactly the same Terms and Conditions.

Seeing that the OP's question has been answered here and here.

Thread closed.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Gemwolf]

top topics

join