It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Heist Of All Bailout Helps Fuel New Era Of Wall Street Wealth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
How is it possible? This seems like the cruelest trick of all!

A recent propaganda piece in The Wall Street Journal lays it all out nice and pretty, whitewashing the most blatant heist of all time!.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6a23edf1ef01.gif[/atsimg]

- The U.S. National Debt.
Each U.S. citizen's share of The National Debt is $38,922.52 as of October 17th 2009.
www.brillig.com...

That is how are the big banks doing this!?

bolstering big banks with taxpayer money, guaranteeing billions of dollars of financial institutions’ debts

Titans like Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan Chase are making fortunes in hot areas like trading stocks and bonds, rather than in the ho-hum business of lending people money.

Thats exactly how this is happening! These robber barons have taken our money, and are hoarding it, lineing thier own pockets! How is this possible again we ask? We have our own U.S. Congress to thank!

...Wall Street has Washington to thank in part for its latest bonanza.

“All of this is facilitated by the Federal Reserve and the government...

Afterall, where would these banks be if we the taxpayers had not lent them the money?

Even as the economy continues to struggle, much of Wall Street is minting money — and looking forward again to hefty bonuses.

Many Americans wonder how this can possibly be. How can some banks be prospering so soon after a financial collapse, even as legions of people worry about losing their jobs and their homes?

It may come as a surprise that one of the most powerful forces driving the resurgence on Wall Street is not the banks but Washington

www.msnbc.msn.com...

How long as Americans are we willing to open our pockets, and let the robberbarons steal and pillage every man, woman and child in this country? Seriously, is there a way to stop this?

[edit on 17-10-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
i appreciate your post. but until the american people get their heads out of the dirt. nothing will change, but more homelessness and tyranny!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Oh, well. People had the chance to voice their disdain last November. They blindly followed the "vote for dumb or dumber" routine.

News rags had the chance to run articles on people like the Texas congressman who opposed the bank bailouts and assault on the dollar and economy.

They failed! Now everybody gets what they deserve. Destruction of the dollar, unemployment, and more of the same. The Fed pulls the strings and congress dances.

I have no faith in the people in this country. It's clear that even when you have someone stand up and explain what's wrong, and how if we keep doing the same that we will self destruct, people remain ignorant and he gets ignored.

Well congratulations. Welcome to your victory. And this is only the beginning...

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Seriously, is there a way to stop this?

The people are too stupid, brainwashed and lazy too care.

Welcome to your new america.

Land of the morons.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Remind anyone of "Let them eat cake!"? Fishmongers unite! Free the Bastille and let's go take over Versailles while were at it. Who wants to play Robespierre?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
MSNBC is starting to play a bit of hard ball. Here's another MSNBC video about the Wall Street Gangster I posted:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and on Denninger's site it's never ending:

market-ticker.denninger.net...

Looters **ASKED** To Accept Regulation?

Oh wait. I live in America, where the banks run the Congress, not the other way around. Never mind a President and Chairman of House Financial Services who can't manage to get up off their knees, and they're not praying when they genuflect either.

[edit on 10/17/2009 by sad_eyed_lady]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tatersalad

Don't be so modest, tell it for what it is, Americans need to get their head out of their butts, and people like me and you needs to start organizing.

reply to post by DiabolusFireDragon

Sorry to spoil your outrage but right now we don't have anyone working for the American people and it has not been one for many decades, that means voting in America is a scam and a hoax regardless what party wins.

The best example of how divide are the classes in this nation
is easily seen on how Wall street is profiting while the rest of the nation
falls into decay.

No trickle down economics my friend, all we the people are getting is the bills

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Well you see its like this.
The government has to pay for all the tall buildings in Manhattan
that can't be burnt down.
All that big money must be served in some way.
The government could release 100 year old technology and make
a huge difference in the marketplace but the big money has control
of that gem.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I got this other article is very good,

The Rich Have Stolen the Economy

Bloomberg reports that Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner's closest aides earned millions of dollars a year working for Goldman Sachs, Citigroup and other Wall Street firms. Bloomberg reports that none of these aides faced Senate confirmation. Yet, they are overseeing the handout of hundreds of billions of dollars of taxpayer funds to their former employers.

The gifts of billions of dollars of taxpayers' money provided the banks with an abundance of low-cost capital that has boosted the banks' profits, while the taxpayers who provided the capital are increasingly unemployed and homeless.

www.economyincrisis.org...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The gifts of billions of dollars of taxpayers' money provided the banks with an abundance of low-cost capital that has boosted the banks' profits, while the taxpayers who provided the capital are increasingly unemployed and homeless.

They will continue to reap the 'gifts of taxpayer money', until it is run dry. All of it. Then, they'll bail. Bail to some other faction, not U.S. owned or run. We (the 'taxpayers') will be left with the bill.

For those, who just can't wrap their brains around all of this; or for those who believe they understand, but still breath without heart palpitations, when thinking of the current economy; we'll try to make this a little more understandable.

You know how nice it is, to travel (pretty much) anywhere in the world you wish? Gone, until your debt is paid.

You know how nice it is, to post your resume online for all to review; no matter the country that wishes to employ you? Gone, until your debt is paid.

You know how nice it is, to be one of the few nationalities in the world, that still allows a Dual Citizenship? Gone, until your debt is paid.

You know how nice is it, to be able to purchase a house/or land, even if we don't have the total payment on hand; since we can always get loans using the house as collateral? Gone, until your debt is paid.

Go to college? Gone, until your debt is paid.

Freely, work where/when/how you want? Gone, until your debt is paid.

Do get where this is going?

'They' (TPTB) will continue to spend us into oblivion, until they can no longer spend (credit 'denied', or check not honored). Then, and ONLY THEN, they'll take what they've put to the side for themselves (and their families) and leave the country.

The borders will close (close only for us) and everything comes to a grinding and immediate HALT. We, are then, cornered and held to our previous Masters' debt. We will be held accountable. WE=YOU, ME, OUR CHILDREN.

You/me/we need to be VERY concerned for this debt. For, unless broken down to the realistic - like above, 40 Grand/person doesn't seem like so much, until you're paying the dowry, or debt, of all you want to be free. A family of four will be paying 120K (in cash, no loans) to be free. Think about that for a few minutes. Do you have 120K in the bank, today? 120K that you can actively withdraw this very minute?

If not, you'd better be VERY CONCERNED with the current administrations' spending floozy. Whether you like, or realize it, YOU will be held accountable.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
i guess all these imaginary numbers mean nothing because at the end of the day the money has no real value, so the economy wont fail until its made to fail.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

The video you posted shows alot
and I appreciate your post and thread...though it looks like MSNBC is doing the political double speak...hard to wrap your head around it...just like the article I posted. I would like to believe that MSNBC could do anything besides publish propaganda...however this time I think the people have become play toys.

They are blatantly mocking the working middle class, and the working poor.

Bloomberg reports that Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner’s closest aides earned millions of dollars a year working for Goldman Sachs, Citigroup and other Wall Street firms. Bloomberg adds that none of these aides faced Senate confirmation. Yet, they are overseeing the handout of hundreds of billions of dollars of taxpayer funds to their former employers.

The gifts of billions of dollars of taxpayers’ money provided the banks with an abundance of low cost capital that has boosted the banks’ profits, while the taxpayers who provided the capital are increasingly unemployed and homeless.

JPMorgan Chase announced that it has earned $3.6 billion in the third quarter of this year.

Goldman Sachs has made so much money during this year of economic crisis that enormous bonuses are in the works. The London Evening Standard reports that Goldman Sachs’ “5,500 London staff can look forward to record average payouts of around 500,000 pounds ($800,000) each. Senior executives will get bonuses of several million pounds each with the highest paid as much as 10 million pounds ($16 million).“
www.counterpunch.org...

top topics

join