It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France Telecom suffers 25th 'suicide'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

France Telecom suffers 25th 'suicide'

www.guardian.co.uk

France Telecom said an employee at its research and development centre in the Brittany town of Lannion killed himself at his home today – the 25th suicide at the company in 18 months.

The death comes two days after a France Telecom employee in Marseille was saved at the last minute from taking his life. Unions blame the suicides on stress linked to restructuring. Didier Lombard, the chief executive, paid a visit to the Lannion operation after learning of the latest death. The company said the 48-year-old employee had been off sick for a month.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-10-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Hmmm...25 employees all "commiting suicide" at ONE research and development center?

Could be just a coincidence of desperate situations and times, but that DOES seem like an aweful lot of "suicides" in relation to one particular company...

I wonder WHAT exactly these RESEARCHERS are researching?

"Suicides" and R & D seem to be quite synonymous with one another in recent times.

This might be one to keep an eye on IMHO...

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-10-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I don't know why the chose to put quotations around suicide, as if he didn't really kill himself, but I have heard of some of the other suicides involved in this company as well.

Seems the workers are very unhappy there about restructuring, and a hopeless work environment.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I would not be surprised if mind control is involved here. A big telecom company would have access to this stuff, and who knows.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
this is very interesting...i'll have to keep following, but it could be nothing.

had a friend commit suicide a year and a half ago. since then, many of my friends who knew him have talked about suicide themselves. I think it has some psychological reasoning behind it...like you hear about it, it worked for that person, maybe it will work for you. normal life problems combined with apparent restructuring and a bleak working environment...it could all be coincidence.

or like someone else said, maybe its brainwashing.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Ok, where to begin...

Here in Turkey we have a company called ASELSAN. This company produces electronics especially for the military both hardware and softwarewise. For example they produce Military wireless comm, tactical comm devices, avionic satellite and marine comm, electronic war and intelligence...so on.

About 2 years ago out of the blue scientists start to commit suicide one by one. Mysteriously they were found dead in different times and places with gunshots through their heads in their cars. I can not remember the exact number of employees but around 4.

The last project they were working on as we know of was about the software for the F16 fighter jets. They were succeeded in writing their own versions of the software. As you know F16 software is written by the US and or ISRAEL and is virtually unhackable, it is the software that determines wheather the other plane is friendly or the enemy. Like if a Turkish F16 comes across an American F16 in the air, the planes recognizes each other and auto disengage the weapons system so that they can not accidently fire at each other. Or say if an American f16 confronts an Iran f16, software automatically defines the Iran f16 as enemy. Hope you are following me with this.

So what ASELSAN employees did was they were succesful in writing their own version and implemeting their own software into the planes systems.( Most parts of F16s are officially produced in Turkey) Of course no one knows what the software was about other than what I told you.

Maybe this or some other projects on going inside the company got them killed and announced as suicide.

Incident is still on trial, so families are waiting for an answer from the company, but no hope...

So where am I going with this is that some suicidal matters may depend on other factors like 3 or 4 letter agencies of the world...who knows, there are so many things going on behind the curtains that us average joes know nothing about.

Fishy ain't it??

[edit on 16-10-2009 by MoonandStar]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Perhaps another angle could be the nature of electrical work they were conducting?

Its known that certain Hertz frequencies can disturb the body's natural frequency of around 50Hz (which is why UK 240VAC-mains electricity is lethal) so perhaps those involved suffered 'electro-chemical-poisioning' causing neurological imbalances resulting in suicidal depression as a result of their research?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
They probably hacked into the black goverments phone lines....and got themselves drugged to suicide....

remeber that poor english guy garry mckinnon hacking in to the pentagons systems just to findout about thier extraterrestial officers...man guy is thinking of killing himself now...

25 people killing themselves off is just too fishy...even if they were threatened to loose their jobs....but who knows..

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I doubt that there is anything sinister about these suicides other than the laying off of 22,000 people. These are tough times we are living in and some people are pretty vulnerable right now and once you have been stripped of everything you once had, who is to say how they may react?

I work at a large Telecom company as well and over the past 5 years I have seen a nasty strike and after this ended there has been nothing but wage freezes, hiring freezes, expense freezes, training budgets diminished to nothing. (working in telecom it is tough to stay on top of the everchanging technologies without any training).
Also I would estimate that the company has outsourced approx 10-15,000 jobs to foreign countries such as Phillipines, India, and South America.
They are currently outsourcing all of the install and repair jobs to contractors. Every day I fear that the department I have worked in for 8 years will be deemed outsourced or redundant. All of this while the company claims it needs to stay competitive, even though their quarter earnings are staggering to say the least. Alot of these companies look at this recession as an opportunity to cry poor times and start cutting and off-shoring work for much much lower wages. The last thing people cancel in tough times is telephone/cellular and internet service so it only leaves one motivting factor. Corporate GREED.

I feel really bad for the families of these 25 families and my sympathies go out to them. I fear that this will be something we start hearing about alot more often in the day to come.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by nepafogo]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I don't normally buy into the weird but all this (particularly the Turkish post) has reminded me of a series of suicides in (I think) the 80's at a British sonar/torpedo research establishment. I'm trying to find details but I think it was run by Marconi.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

It seems to me that a lot of Telecom workers and workers around high energy fields do go nuts from time to time and or end up with cysts on the Brain.
I know of two Naval offices that ended up with cysts on the Brain after being in the confined of battleships on active duty in high energy field area and varies people going off the rails.

Here's a classic one: Tank versus towers

Mr Morris said he believed Mr Patterson worked on tanks in the army. Neighbours said he was also a former technician for Telecom (now Telstra), who received a compensation payout about 15 years ago after a head injury.

Zelong.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This comes from the BBC today:

Authorities have placed the former head of France Telecom Didier Lombard under formal investigation for harassment.

The probe relates to the suicides of over 30 employees in 2008 and 2009 when Mr Lombard was in charge.

The launching of a formal investigation is the last stage before charges are brought in the French legal system.

Mr Lombard wrote in Le Monde that restructuring at the company may have upset employees, but challenged the idea it caused the suicides.

www.bbc.co.uk...

This is a LOT of 'suicides' in a very short space of time. Mr. Lombard may have been a tough boss, but I cannot see all of these people committing suicide. Something is not right here. Over 30 suicides in one year???!!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
It's been known for a while that FT employees are subjects to spikes of stress because of the pressure they a have been under during work.
Nothing fishy about France Telecom, it's just an internet/phone lines provider and the guys who commited suicide aren't in any kind of "secret department", regular employees/sellers that's it (nothing to do with electricity plus they were working in different departments in different towns).

I knew a guy who worked for them for a while, he told me it was one of the worst job he ever had (and he tried some #ty things), no recognition whatsoever, low pays, ridiculous objectives, abusive managers, etc. the whole package.

Add the laying off of more than twenty thousand employees (on 100 000) at the time of the wave of suicides plus the economic situation and the fact that some of them were known to have family issues it seem more reasonable (while still shocking and sad, don't get me wrong).

edit on 5-7-2012 by BobbyTarass because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join