It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bogus email Christmas myth dogs Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Bogus email Christmas myth dogs Obama

www.politico.com

On the campaign trail, President Obama fought off rumors that he was educated at a radical Muslim madrassa. Now, in the White House, ...

... there's a growing urban legend that he won't have a Christmas tree.

The White House Historical Association has been receiving calls and emails about an alleged Obama decree that the Christmas trees in the White House would now be known as "holiday trees." And artists submitting designs for ornaments on the Blue Room tree were not allowed to depict Christian themes.

"It's strange," said Maria Downs, the historical association's spokeswoman. "They're almost saying, 'Are you aware of this?'"

One of the chain emails circulating around in-boxes claims that "a friend at church who is a very talented artist" got a letter from the White House saying not to send any ornaments painted with a religious theme.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-10-2009 by grover]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Oh for cripes sake.

The article goes on to say:

The truth is the White House has already made plans to celebrate Christmas this year. In August the National Christmas Tree Association announced that a couple from West Virginia will "present the official White House Christmas Tree to First Lady Michelle Obama for the 2009 Christmas season."

The rabid hatred the right feels towards Obama has reached the point where it borders on the pathological...they will believe anything regardless of how preposterous or idiotic just so long as it slams the president.

It has reached the point where it makes their obsessions about Clinton to seem positively sane in comparison.

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The propaganda engines have figured out what works best:

Disinformation.

They can't rally the masses with facts, they can't dig up good enough dirt, and they can't seem to generate cohesive arguments, so they do the next best thing.

They make # up.

Left wing, right wing... they're all guilty of it. The left is in power now so the right is doing it more, and they're doing it louder.

The sad part is 90% of Americans don't have the willpower or the drive to cut through the bull#. We are very good at believing everything we hear. They have conditioned us well.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
You are correct of course but I am at a loss to understand why people would believe such obvious bullhooey...

From the left's perspective at least bush minor he was subverting the laws of the land...we have the court rulings to prove that he and his cohorts were.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by grover]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I too am shocked, shocked I tell you that Obama will not be celebrating Christmas at the White House this year!

You know I also heard he was educated in a Muslim Madras!

What I don’t understand is why the OP thinks it’s wrong to not celebrate Christmas.

It’s just a religious holiday and has no bearing on the politics of how nations are run.

I am a little confused too as to why it’s so wrong to be educated at a Muslim Madras?

The OP seems to think that’s bad too?

If Obama wants to use his Christmas Holiday to have a reunion at his Madras that’s fine with me, if we wants to celebrate Christmas at the White House as most every other President does well that’s fine with me too.

I am a very liberal guy and if Obama wants to go back home to Kenya to celebrate Christmas where he was born well I will understand that too!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
the reason this is happening and will continue to happen, is because people are afraid of change, and progression, it means they will have to grow up, and that scares them, treating others as a equal member of society is a scary thing to some, and they don't know how to in most cases because they were raised to not think for themselves.

One day, we all will get it right, until then, this kinda idiocracy will run rampant.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You forgot to ask if Obama has stopped beating his wife.

I thought the rumors would stop after the election, but I guess not. This is what they call Rove's continuous campaigning. They are looking toward 2010 mid terms and the 2012 elections. I suppose we should expect it from now on because the only chance the right can win is by misleading and misdirection. They can't convince the majority without it which proves they are wrong. If they were right, they wouldn't have to resort to these tactics.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

seems like every dog i see posting about obama is a kool aid drinker. you talk about the xmas tree, who cares about this as obama is giving our missle technology to china as we speak. set down the kool aid lil doggies.

there are much much greater reasons why obama is disliked

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tatersalad

I am no kool aid drinker thank you very much.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

So you just go right to the ad hominem approach.

You have learned much grasshoppa.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

LOL He's giving our missles to China? That's better than the Christmas tree bologna. The sad thing is that there are still some people who really believe this. Granted it's the really "challenged" folks for the most part. I don't mean that derogatorily but just take a look at some of these "teabaggers" with there Obama is Hitler signs. They really are destroying the Republican party.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Destroy away as far as I am concerned...It would not surprise me one iota if in 2012 we see a split Republican party with one branch running with the most extremely conservative member they can find and the official party running with someone more moderate in comparison.

As for the Democrats they are barely holding together as it is.

I do not want a one party system...Republican or Democrat...I would like to see us rewrite the constitution and adopt a parliamentary system with dozens of parties, coalitions and votes of no confidence.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

That sounds good to me as well. I have not been very happy with the Dems this round. Can't see too much difference. Some, but not a lot.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I have no faith in the Democrats but I have less faith in the Republicans...

but watching Democrats try and do anything is like watching jellyfish stand up.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

I'm not an Obama fan but even i have to agree with this. It seems every week there is someone posting something that flat out lies or tries to tell you something about Obama that isn't true.

The man is president, let it go people. I wish people were climbing the walls this high when Bush was in residence.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
They pile the bull # high don't they? We here out on the fringe get to examine and evaluate the heaping piles of bull # as they come in. We are truly fortunate
Because we see what is at the root of the problem.

This bull # has worms.

If the bull # has worms, that means the bull has worms. Those worms aren't good for the bull, and it ain't good for us cause these bull # worms? they are contagious.

You get someone like my friend protoplasmic traveler here that ain't immunized to the bull # worm, they will infect.

See in people folks, the bull # worm interacts with the brain, and makes the person, who normally would be a sane and rational individual spew hate and misinformation from every orifice of their body. In this hate filled crazed state any nonsensical notion that enters the infected mind will be perceived as truth to the person infected with the bull # worm. Thus the virus is transmitted from one individual to another.

I have a theory, that bombarding these people with the truth will overcome the bull # worm, and make it die. It's a painful process, I won't lie, but the end result if not treated is Muammar al-Gaddafi syndrome. It's unfortunately fatal to the host.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

What the hell are you babbling about???

top topics

join