It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A couple's Meditation or Chakra meditation? Does one exist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
So i remember awhile back, i was a bit high with a friend, and she told me "hey check this out" she told me to breathe with her, the same breath, and to hold it...it was a weird feeling, but i wasn't sure if it was just the high,after 2 mins we laughed, and me,her, and everyone else just ate lol.

anyhow i was curious...is there a type of "mediation" or something you can do to OPEN BOTH, or each others Chakras? or not even to that extent, just meditate together and have a "bond"...obvious answer would be "make love" but besides that?

I was meditating and i thought perhaps chest on chest...breathing...listening to YOUR own heartbeat, and stare into each others eyes. yea i know it should be on a bad soap oprea but im curious, is there any ?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I have read somewhere that if you start breathing in when your partner's exhales and vice-versa with the intent of meditating, you will encounter a sense of arousal from the inside out which will also lead to passionate intercourse.

I haven't tried it but sounds interesting!

Good luck with that!! LOL

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne
I have read somewhere that if you start breathing in when your partner's exhales and vice-versa with the intent of meditating, you will encounter a sense of arousal from the inside out which will also lead to passionate intercourse.

I haven't tried it but sounds interesting!

Good luck with that!! LOL

ah interesting so basically backwards?
I EXHALE, SHE INHALES
I INHALE, SHE EXHALES?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaskade

ah interesting so basically backwards?
I EXHALE, SHE INHALES
I INHALE, SHE EXHALES?

dear friend the tantric way is a little bit more than exhaling and inhaling

this form of meditation is advanced one needs a fully awakened kundalini and an open understanding to the ways of the Cosmos. You then need to find another of the same way.
Of course one exists and its great fun but never think its all about the sacral its about all chakras as one. It is also most spiritual and you may need a teacher

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic Love

You may need a teacher lol, Tantra is sexual...its all about chakras....

The usual western total pop meditation rubbish. I am sorry but it has to be said.

Tantra involves very little sex, only certain aspects of it. Most are very different and just mean "quick Way" or "swift path". It is just a way for CERTAIN predisposed students who are deemed able to handle it without going mad or getting ill for want of a better description. It can only be practised (that is for the realisations to exist, be experienced otherwise you are wasting your time and just imagining) if it IS passed on by Master practitioner themselves.

It involves many in fact 99% of practitioners who are Celibate. That is Monks.

This is REAL TANTRA

And you will see statues in the celibate monastery showing a Deity or Yogi with his consort in sexual union.

Those pictures and icons from the east of a Sexual union have NOTHING to do with sex, but the combining and joining of Wisdom and Compassion and also relates to interdependence and emptiness.

There is a VERY small part of Tantra that uses sex as a path, but the sex is only to allow an already highly realised practitioner, who has nearly totally destroyed their ego first, to glimpse briefly through mind control at the moment of orgasm the true nature of their underlying mind, the buddhas mind, the universal mind.

We us ordinary western people cant do that, I cant do that, my ego is too strong, I would be kidding myself only the gross levels of mind would be seen and merged with, and yet I have been given Tantric Buddhist instructions and practise, which I do! I would have to go on retreat or practice massively every day for a long time first or take vows and ordination, then only if I was lucky could achieve it.

The whole misunderstanding and misrepresentation of Tantra in mainstream and pop and western culture is ridiculous and demeaning to the very complex and deep and profound actual reality of it.

Anyhow OP.....................................

A very good practise is like you say looking into each others eyes, I wouldn't bother with the chakra things lol, again very very misunderstood, and just make sure if doing anything to just focus on your own, you could inadvertently unbalance your m8.

Sit about 2 feet apart cross legged, and sober. Both breath deeply and start to breathe in harmony together. Relax, just look into each others eyes, no where else, no sound just look with love, appreciate the other person for their human beauty. Imagine of you like sending love into their eyes from your own, or radiate love to them from your heart imagine a pink stream of love from your heart going to theirs, covering them.

Do this for about 15 mins or 30 mins if possible.

It will be a profound experience, and a joint healing and energy meditation that is safe, and will create a very strong link between you, so make sure you choose the right person!

Have fun and ignore the mumbo jumbo pop rubbish.

Elf.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Elf's post is right on, but is reasonably advanced.

If you're looking for something that can start you in the direction, while starting to read about Tantra (not sexual) I'd say simply experiment with breathing and touching.

If you both know that you're trying to be deeper into each other, consciousness will help you get to it. Try touching palms together, breathing in sync, or opposite, and various ways of touching.

I'd recommend facing each other but back-to-back is interesting too.

Rhythmic music and scents are nice too. Story telling... I think there are many ways this can happen.

Good luck!

[edit on 15-10-2009 by notreallyalive]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

I always understood "Tantra" to mean continuity, denoted by individuals practicing together. The video you posted of the Tibetan style Buddhism doesn't, in my opinion, give a clear view of distinct Tantric practice. The part when the monks were walking around the mandala holding water (or whatever liquid) was Tantric.

I've been involved in various schools of Tibetan Buddhism [Nyingma; Vajrayana] for about 15 years in case you're wondering my credentials to answer this =)

[edit on 15-10-2009 by notreallyalive]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by notreallyalive

Mmm its complex isnt it, as the right and left hand paths, and the many differant approaches within each school even just Tibetan, never mind hinduism etc etc.

Generally You are right, it is sort of continuation, however a better description is "swift path" as it is a way for a practitioner to hopefully unify with or better become a manifestation of the energy of the universe after purification, and infact reach that level of enlightenment in this life time hence "swift path".

Interdependance is very importnat to, lighting incense is in a way tantric if done correctly and with the right approach. If feeding aroma eaters etc or pleasing the gods, reducing suffering of greedy non materials... to purify.... then it is tantric.

Deep subject though as said, and I just wanted to point out to the OP not to follow misunderstood advice, and very simple and loving joint meditation can be done together that can cause no harm, just healing and bonding.

May you be happy on you path and realise your aspirations.

Elf

Om Mani Padme Hum

top topics

join