It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H1N1 vaccine spray administered WITHOUT gloves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I live in the Pacific Northwest and we started vaccinating with the nasal mist yesterday for healthcare workers and those at high risk.

HOW this is being done doesn't make any sense to me. It is clearly stated that you can NOT get the nasal spray if you are:

Immune suppressed
under two
over 50
pregnant
have respiratory condition/asthma
Have a blood-brain barrier disorder (MS,LUPUS, etc.)

So here we have a nasal mist with a weakened LIVE virus in it. It is being sprayed into people's noses who then go about their normal business. The largest group here right now getting this are health care workers. The very people who then go and take care of all those others that are in the risk group.

All I can think about is how much of that live virus is on the hands of the people giving it and how much of it is making its way OUT of the noses of the people getting it. We are literally turning our healthcare workers into walking petri dishes!

media.bellinghamherald.com... _affiliate.39.jpg" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

[edit on 14-10-2009 by westcoast]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I can't get the other picture to post. How do I accomplish this with just a normal jpeg and no URL??

Any suggestions?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Wow, I was not informed that it was a LIVE virus. Still, the risks of getting the vaccine are far less than the risks of getting and SPREADING the strong virus. I refuse to even talk to my fellow healthcare workers who are paranoid about getting the vaccine.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
Wow, I was not informed that it was a LIVE virus. Still, the risks of getting the vaccine are far less than the risks of getting and SPREADING the strong virus. I refuse to even talk to my fellow healthcare workers who are paranoid about getting the vaccine.

Sounds to me like your the paranoid one, no offense.

But intelligent and composed individuals are capable of having a discussion with anyone, even if they disagree on the most fundamental of issues.

So you are shunning people who are worried about their health and question things?

Perhaps you should ask them questions about why they think that way, or just talk about other subjects entirely.

It would be a shame if people started treating each other this way over something as silly as a vaccination.

Might as well stop shaking hands too!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It is my understanding that the nasal vaccine is not being administered to healthcare workers simply due to their exposure to patients, I thought that the injectable vaccine is what is reserved for them; please cite if I am mistaken.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

It's actually funny how many times I've had a nurse put a IV in me or take blood without using gloves. I would say 75% of the time they won't use gloves.

You would think they would be worried about diseases and what not.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Teeks

I can tell you that I AM a healthcare worker in a hospital ER and we are being offered (STRONGLY ADVISED) to get the nasal mist live virus vaccine. They started distributing it yesterday here in the Pacific Northwest, probably because we are getting well into our flu season now.

I find it very disturbing that we are then expected to go back to work with our at-risk patients. I have to sign a waiver explaining WHY I don't want it. I am told that in the least, I may be required to wear a mask 100% of my shift. Our State Senate is trying to get our laws changed so they can make it mandatory. I will quit first.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Perhaps if you were willing to speak with your fellow, educated employees you would have KNOWN it was a live virus.

I am not paranoid, I just have some common sense. Medicine has ALWAYS been about benefit versus risk. I just don't see that rational being applied here.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Right because corporate medicine is always about profit vs loss.

Hey, this is what we get for allowing corporations to run the pharmacy. (Governments included if it applies to you).

Things are so questionable and fishy these days, somehow everything is so idiosyncratic.

top topics

join