It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paradox.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I'll go ahead for, people who can't see youtube videos, and post my own text of the video, because I'd like people to see it for, a fun value, and wish if anyone has any others, to post them!

This one is my favorite though

Kaku asks about time travel paradoxes, then poses this one.

The year is 1945, its a dark and stormy night, a drifter comes from the dark and drops off a baby girl at the orphanage then disappears into the darkness.

The nuns do not know what to do with the baby girl on the doorstep, and then name her jane, and jane grows up wondering who is my mother, my father, I was dropped off on the doorstep of an orphanage.

When jane turns 19 she falls in love, love at first sight, but ya know, it's just not meant to be, her and her boyfriend quarrel alot, and he stomps off into the darkness never to be seen again.

Jane is left abandoned and pregnant. She is rushed to the hospital and delivers a beautiful baby girl, but that night someone breaks into the hospital and steals the baby girl, and its even worse then this, the doctors find out she's bleeding very rapidly and she isn't normal, they have to perform a emergency operation and change jane into jim.

Now jim wakes up the next day saying woah what happened, I was left as a baby at an orphanage fell in love with a handsome boy who left me, my baby was kidnapped from the hospital, and had a baby who was kidnapped, and now i'm not even jane any more!

Now jim gets into barroom fist fights, any time someone says jim who are you, where did you come from?

One day Jim is stone drunk, at the bottom of the bar, and the bartender says to jim, "jim, jim, I'm not really a bartender i'm a time traveler. COme into my machine and we will find out who is jane/jim".

So they go back, back into the past. There somewhere in the past, then jim means a beautiful 19 year old girl, and it's love at first sight, but it's just not meant to be, jim and his new girlfriend quarrel alot, and jim storms off into the darkness, but jim finds out his girlfriend is pregnant, and he goes oh my god, I hope my baby has the best education possible, so he breaks into the hospital, and steals his baby girl.

ANd takes her into the time machine, and they go back, way back, to 1945, it is a dark and stormy night, and jim comes in from the dark and leaves the baby at the doorstep of the orphanage.

The nuns pick up the baby girl, and don't know what to call her, so they call her jane.

And jane grows up wondering who is my mother, who is my father?

I was left her as a orphan.

jim decides that time travel is pretty neat, and decides to join the time traveller corp.

So jim becomes a time traveller.

Now jim becomes an old man, and asks for permission, to go back in time, with a wig and impersonate a bartender, and meet a barroom drunk who gets in fist fights any time someone asks about where he came from.

Jane is a family tree in and of herself.

Then michio kaku jokes.

A family get together, then a food fight, and one shouts out, "You did this to me!". The other shouts, "No you did this to YOURSELF!!!"

Hope there are some other good ones out there!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
yeah,

too bad timetravel is impossible, at least in the ways we grasp physics currently

great story!

s&f

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by wx4caster
yeah,

too bad timetravel is impossible, at least in the ways we grasp physics currently

great story!

s&f

I like to think it's possible... someday.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I still believe their are no time travel paradoxes. Their are infinite possibilities to our individual decisions which cause infinite possibilities which cause infinite parallel realities or timelines.

Infinity and Beyond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Perhaps the "Big Bang" was a product of a paradox fixing itself by creating an alternate universe. Perhaps the creator(s) of this universe, have accounted for such a thing.

Hmm...just stabbin' jabbin'.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by lagnar
Perhaps the "Big Bang" was a product of a paradox fixing itself by creating an alternate universe. Perhaps the creator(s) of this universe, have accounted for such a thing.

Hmm...just stabbin' jabbin'.

My brain hurts lol.

Elaborate please, sounds interesting!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
People who've had sex changes can't procreate. At least not as the opposite of their born gender.

Paradox solved.

Your welcome

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MrVertigo

nice find!
well if we have time travelling why not be able to change a gender and make them capable of having kids?!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I am sure america already has time travel, and kaku is a slime. He is one of those wolves in sheeps clothing.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Danna

Or we could try coming up with temporal paradoxes that make a little more sense.

But whatever comes first I suppose...

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Also I really wouldn't want to wake up in a hospital where the doctors response to someone bleeding is to change their gender.

That's just an irresponsible way to run a medical practice if you ask me.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by MrVertigo]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
I'll go ahead for, people who can't see youtube videos, and post my own text of the video, because I'd like people to see it for, a fun value, and wish if anyone has any others, to post them!

This one is my favorite though

Kaku asks about time travel paradoxes, then poses this one.

The year is 1945, its a dark and stormy night, a drifter comes from the dark and drops off a baby girl at the orphanage then disappears into the darkness.

The nuns do not know what to do with the baby girl on the doorstep, and then name her jane, and jane grows up wondering who is my mother, my father, I was dropped off on the doorstep of an orphanage.

When jane turns 19 she falls in love, love at first sight, but ya know, it's just not meant to be, her and her boyfriend quarrel alot, and he stomps off into the darkness never to be seen again.

Jane is left abandoned and pregnant. She is rushed to the hospital and delivers a beautiful baby girl, but that night someone breaks into the hospital and steals the baby girl, and its even worse then this, the doctors find out she's bleeding very rapidly and she isn't normal, they have to perform a emergency operation and change jane into jim.

Now jim wakes up the next day saying woah what happened, I was left as a baby at an orphanage fell in love with a handsome boy who left me, my baby was kidnapped from the hospital, and had a baby who was kidnapped, and now i'm not even jane any more!

Now jim gets into barroom fist fights, any time someone says jim who are you, where did you come from?

One day Jim is stone drunk, at the bottom of the bar, and the bartender says to jim, "jim, jim, I'm not really a bartender i'm a time traveler. COme into my machine and we will find out who is jane/jim".

So they go back, back into the past. There somewhere in the past, then jim means a beautiful 19 year old girl, and it's love at first sight, but it's just not meant to be, jim and his new girlfriend quarrel alot, and jim storms off into the darkness, but jim finds out his girlfriend is pregnant, and he goes oh my god, I hope my baby has the best education possible, so he breaks into the hospital, and steals his baby girl.

ANd takes her into the time machine, and they go back, way back, to 1945, it is a dark and stormy night, and jim comes in from the dark and leaves the baby at the doorstep of the orphanage.

The nuns pick up the baby girl, and don't know what to call her, so they call her jane.

And jane grows up wondering who is my mother, who is my father?

I was left her as a orphan.

jim decides that time travel is pretty neat, and decides to join the time traveller corp.

So jim becomes a time traveller.

Now jim becomes an old man, and asks for permission, to go back in time, with a wig and impersonate a bartender, and meet a barroom drunk who gets in fist fights any time someone asks about where he came from.

Jane is a family tree in and of herself.

Then michio kaku jokes.

A family get together, then a food fight, and one shouts out, "You did this to me!". The other shouts, "No you did this to YOURSELF!!!"

Hope there are some other good ones out there!

There is no paradox, because Jim is Jane and can't produce children, so Jim is in a lot of trouble because he just kidnapped someones baby.

Vertigo beat me to it....Good Job

[edit on 11-10-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The funniest thing about all of this is....

We are time traveling. It's when you die, you've reached your destination.

No body, no time. Know body, Know time.

Good post republican..

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand

Good post republican..

We are, true you, are.

But it's the 'what if', that kills me, what if we could go back, and it's the paradoxes, that I love to indulge in, in it.

I need not tell you a good post, as it always is!!!!!!

I live in a certain time, and my only wish could possibly be, that I could see anothers time line.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand

Good post republican..

We are, true you, are.

But it's the 'what if', that kills me, what if we could go back, and it's the paradoxes, that I love to indulge in, in it.

I need not tell you a good post, as it always is!!!!!!

I live in a certain time, and my only wish could possibly be, that I could see anothers time line.

Oh don't get me wrong, I love a good paradox, but I look at it like this. The base of the word "paradox" is Pair phonetically, but actually means "contrary" which is "pair" basically denoting the opposing point of view.

To an individual a paradox can not be had, because an individual only has one point of view. So in order to understand a paradox one must be imbued with "Empathy".

I like the etymological meaning of words. Etymology consists of words in there purist form or the meaning for which they were originally uttered. The truest sense of the word. It is because of etymology (and a few earth shaking events in my life) that I began to question religion and it's many false preconceptions all at the hands of men telling people what the words mean instead of the people actually learning what they mean.

Here is the etymology of paradox. I think it is a little different then what we now understand it to mean, but you tell me what you think.

paradox Look up paradox at Dictionary.com 1540, from L. paradoxum "paradox, statement seemingly absurd yet really true," from Gk. paradoxon, from neut. of adj. paradoxos "contrary to expectation, incredible," from para- "contrary to" + doxa "opinion."

So here, we see that really all paradox means is "beating the odds".

I love etymology and encourage anyone who is seeking out a mystery to go to the words original meaning.

It (etymology) changed me from believing in an invisible superman (Jesus, God...whoever) to actually understanding that those books (religious scripts) are talking about and that they were always talking about generative power, that is, that natural process of humanity and not some unprovable "truth" made up of mythical characters that no man has ever seen.

Here's a paradox...A devout will say god is true, but they can't show you a true god. Last I checked "true" is something that is tangible or understood by all as truth." How can the God of the bible be true, if he is not tangible? This leads to one place. He/She/It is not true, or we are selves are the truth. No other way to see it. Remember the line "Consider the rock you are hewn from"....there you go, that easy...consider from where you've come (mainly the womb). Even though it is said "Generation to Generation" people are still waiting for superman to fly down out of the sky and slay all of the "evil" ones. These are truly living a paradox who are waiting for such things.

As always, I look forward to more of your thought provoking ideas...You always come up with good ones my friend.

Always,

Peace

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Republican...check out this one...

Olbers' paradox Look up Olbers' paradox at Dictionary.com
"if stars are uniformly distributed through the sky, their number should counterbalance their faintness and the night sky should be as bright as the day;" named for Ger. astronomer H.W.M. Olbers (1758-1840), who propounded it in 1826.

I'd never heard of this before, but think about it.

For the number of stars in the universe, all projecting light spherically in all directions, why is the night sky not as bright as the day?

I mean, even if the light is billions of years old, we are still seeing it now, so why isn't it enveloping us just like the suns light?

I truly don't know....(scratching my head)...

Peace

new topics

top topics

join