It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush should have been given the Nobel Peace Prize

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The far left will always portray Reagan, Bush any republican as evil.

In order for the left to exist, they need someone to hate.

Be it smokers, overweight people, caucasians, christians, hunters, etc.

Now that they are in power, they still feel the need to hate. Domestic terrorists, bloggers, tea baggers. . . .you get the idea.

I find it ironic that the party that touts itself as full of love and unity has the most hate and vitriol for anyone that choses not to believe the same way as them.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by StinkyFeet

Those aren't accomplishments. They are war mongering tactics.

How do you promote peace when you start two wars?

~Keeper

Wars bring peace in time. Wars are fought to ensure peace. Dont always work but it does most of the time. Thats if its fought for the right reasons.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
You guy's forget Bush already received his prize (which he deserved) the last time he visited Iraq.

Refresh memory;

The words spoken by the Journalist Muntadar al-Zaidi were:

"This is a goodbye kiss from the Iraqi people, dog,"

and the follow-up prize with comments was:

"This is for the widows and orphans and all those killed in Iraq."

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

And republicans don't do any of the crap you just mentioned? like maybe hating the gays, muslims and non-american people of the world? there's enough egg for everyone in the U.S.A. to smear their face with so don't feel left out eh?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Since this is a site that devotes much time to UFO's and aliens I MUST ask the OP what planet he has been living on?????

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Rolling on the floor laughing my ass off....Oh my side hurts...har har har...heeheehee snork...now that is funny....damn I just pd myself laughing!!!

bush minor the peace prize??? Stop it you're killing me.

He deserves it no more than Obama does. At least Obama may yet do some good.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

By this I mean the OP of this thread who has shown nothing but ignorance in both his initial post and all responses.

When asked direct questions he deflects, when asked again he deflects, when asked again he says, "I don't know".

This is nothing but a baiting thread put forward by an individual who has a great many unresolved issues, one of which is a tremendous sense of worthlessness.

Once again, DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS, you're time would be better spent discussing with those who are capable of at least constructing a topic worthy of debate and capable of answering without being wholey subjective.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Koka]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by mikerussellus

And republicans don't do any of the crap you just mentioned? like maybe hating the gays, muslims and non-american people of the world? there's enough egg for everyone in the U.S.A. to smear their face with so don't feel left out eh?

Who hates gays? Muslims? Well, the extremists in that religion DID try to kill a bunch of us. . . non-american people? Where do you get your info? MSNBC?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by StinkyFeet
George Bush is much more worthy of the Nobel Peace Prize than Obama has been to date. Let us look at his accomplishments.

This is an absolute troll thread but as it shows no signs of slowing i'll add my thoughts.

1. He signifiganlty increased aid to the African continent.

Yep he did but a better solution would have been to spearhead the cancellation of third world debt. Giving aid whilst taking money on interest loaned to them is stupid. Well actually i suppose it is smart as the income from the interest is good for the lenders.

2. He helped to rid the world of a huge number of terrorists.

No actually George Bushes tactics have created an entire generation of very annoyed people who absolutely hate the USA and her allies. Furthermore the continuing wars have caused extremists in western countries to gain a foothold and turn peaceful communities into recruiting grounds.

3. He worked for peace between Israel and the Palestinians, well until they elected a bunch of terrorists in Hamas to be their leaders.

Firstly that process was already in place, secondly the peace prize should be judged on results and as Israel and palestine are stil going at it i would say this is a mute point.

4. He worked to concentrate terrorist fighting into Afghan and Iraq, so the rest of the world was more safe from Terrorism. In fact, he kept our country safe from any major terrorist attack for 7 years and drove the numbers of attacks around the world down.

Really he did? Whilst the intelligence services successes are never seen and their failures become public knowledge i don't see how much George Bush has reduced attacks. Before 9/11 there weren't that many terrorist attacks from other countries, they tended to be domestic. Think Timothy McVeigh here.

Now however you have a large amount of very annoyed extremists who will try again and again. The old adage "they have to be lucky all the time" comes to mind in regards to the defense of a country. The terrorists will suceed at some point, and that will be another tragedy. If George Bush had extended a peaceful hand instead of a knife then the extremists would have had less ammunition to recruit people with.

5. He rid the world of the evil dictator Sadaam Hussein.

He did rid the world of Saddam however tons of people are still dying in Iraw and the invasion itself to find and kill Saddam killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people. Also there are other, far worse dictators in the world and yet Bush never mentions them. It would have been much easier to take out Mugabe than Saddam and easier to have achieved more lasting results.

6. He set the people in Afghanistan free from the hands of the Taliban and their restrictive and ridiculous laws that are harmful to women.

You are joking right? The taliban are still running wild, the opium growers still fund the Taliban because if they don't then their fields get burnt down and they get killed. The women are still not free.

On the other hand, Obama is a newbie, so maybe he will live up to the title some day. We can keep our fingers crossed and hope.

Obama should not have gotten the prize either. I can think of 5 people off the top of my head who are more deserving, hell even your average aid worker is more deserving!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Ah yes, the famous shoe seen round the world. In my opinion, that was the best prize Bush Jr. could ever get!
No way should Bush Jr ever be considered for a Nobel Prize, nor do I think that Obama should have gotten it either. At least not until we see what may become of his presidency.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I personally do not believe Bush or Obama to be worthy of any kind of "peace" prize. If Obama lives up to his word and brings the troops home, then we'll talk. Until that day, he's still the man supporting two illegal wars.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

LOL excellent reply! and 100 percent agreed with here.it is very scary to know that so many people still dont have a clue..

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Aha. Ahaha. Ahahahahahahhahaa....

George Bush is much more worthy of the Nobel Peace Prize than Obama has been to date. Let us look at his accomplishments.

1. He signifiganlty increased aid to the African continent, while doing nothing to change the policies of the IMF which had created substantial loans to 3rd world countries, putting them into unpayable debt with money created out of nothing.

2. He helped to rid the world of a huge number of terrorists... That his country created in the first place.

3. He made it appear that he worked for peace between Israel and the Palestinians, until it was realized by many that the US had been clandestinely giving money and weapons to both sides.

4. He worked to concentrate terrorist fighting into Afghan and Iraq, so the rest of the world was more safe from Terrorism, except for the simple fact that the very terrorism he was helping to fight his cronies helped to foster in the first place. Credit is due to him for not staging another false-flag terrorist attack inside the united states since 9/11.

5. He rid the world of the evil dictator Sadaam Hussein, and became the world's most evil dictator himself. He voluntarily relinquished his puppet regime to to a bilderberg-selected replacement so as to continue the appearance of a voted-in democracy.

6. He set the people in Afghanistan free from the hands of the Taliban, so that the opium could flow again, and get smuggled into the US through the CIA.

Did I miss something?

If you think Bush was anything good, just look at that cocky smile on his face every time he recites words like "dictator" "global meltdown" "democracy" or "freedom." He can barely keep himself from laughing, because he's part of an inside joke.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by 30_seconds]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Another George W. Bush apologists....when will the madness and hypocrisy end? Making excuses for a war mongering traitor just don't cut it!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

If theres a nobel WAR prize I am sure he would win that!

Or, if theres a "run the country into the ground and give the profits to his cronies" prize he would win that hands down also! (lets see those soles)

But for peace?

You crack me up! Thanks for the laugh though!

And you wonder why I picked this name!

It was alot shorter and more to the point than "living in the land of the stupid".

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
NO

&

NEVER

Not that Obama should have got it right now either.

After Bush lied about invading Iraq for WMD, give him a peace award.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

1. He signifiganlty increased aid to the African continent.
2. He helped to rid the world of a huge number of terrorists.
3. He worked for peace between Israel and the Palestinians, well until they elected a bunch of terrorists in Hamas to be their leaders.
4. He worked to concentrate terrorist fighting into Afghan and Iraq, so the rest of the world was more safe from Terrorism. In fact, he kept our country safe from any major terrorist attack for 7 years and drove the numbers of attacks around the world down.
5. He rid the world of the evil dictator Sadaam Hussein.
6. He set the people in Afghanistan free from the hands of the Taliban and their restrictive and ridiculous laws that are harmful to women.

On the other hand, Obama is a newbie, so maybe he will live up to the title some day. We can keep our fingers crossed and hope.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by StinkyFeet]

7. Liberated millions of people in Afghanistan and Iraq

8. The Kurds for the first time in history now have self-government within Iraq.

9. Wiped out tens of thousands of Al Qaeda terrorists in Iraq, who otherwise would have bombed and killed throughout Europe and America.

Having said that - i wouldnt give the prize to Bush - that honour should go to the U.S Marine Corps.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join