It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush should have been given the Nobel Peace Prize

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Is it me, or does it seem like there's an effort from the GOP'ers to rewrite history and portray Bush as some kind of Super Statesman, Man of the People, best President ever? Or are the Repubs really as delusional as they appear to be? This man caused so much grief for Americans and for people all over the world. This man made a mockery of our Constitution, sank our economy, imprisoned innocent people without trial, sold out our soldiers in favor of mercenaries-I mean private contractors. The list goes on and on. And when Repubs are given the facts, they say things like "Well at least he stood up for his beliefs", willfully ignorant to the fact that "his beliefs" have destroyed the very fabric of our once great country. So many families who's lives will never be the same because of his war mongering. So many American families torn apart after buckling under the pressure of the economic nightmare he allowed his corporate pals and energy giants unleash on us all. In an area not too far from me in Florida, some folks electric bills are now as much as their mortgage. So much devastation left in the wake of one man. And now we have the GOP'ers with their blind party loyalty, once again burying their heads in the sand and pretending like none of that ever happened and the wonderboy Bush with his bible in one hand and his sword in the other, shielding all of us from all those evil muslims and freeedom haters. The Republican party was hijacked by its lowest common denominator and now it has imploded. Probably explains why so many former Repubs are now hijacking the Libertarian Party (even though most of these folks don't reflect about 90% of Libertarian values) They know the GOP will probably not be able to recover from Bush and that's why they jumped ship. This post shows us why the GOP should change their mascot from an Elephant to an Ostrich.

And before I get a bunch of " You brown shirt, shill, Obama lover" replies, my write in was for the good doctor. But in Obamas favor, at least he is standing up for his beliefs.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
What about Reagan? He liberated millions and he barely fired a shot. In fact Afghanistan was liberated under his watch... One thing Obama seems to be neglecting.

How can you give him the Nobel Peace Prize when he is allowing his own people to languish in a stalled war. He hates America and he is purposely allowing our men and women to die in Afghanistan.

How can you give a Peace prize to someone who's own community is in shambles and honor students are being murdered in the streets?

Yes, the Nobel committee has a great definition of peace. Just as much as Hitler and Stalin did...

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
What the OP really meant was this:

-------------

George Bush should have been given the Nobel Peace Prize

George Bush is much more worthy of the Nobel Peace Prize than Obama has been to date. Let us look at his accomplishments.

1. He significantly increased aids to the African continent.
  2. He helped to plague the world with a huge number of terrorists.
  3. He worked for war between Israel and the Palestinians, well until they elected a bunch of terrorists in Hamas to be their leaders.
  4. He worked to build concentration camps of potential terrorists into Afghan and Iraq, so the rest of the world was more safe from Terrorism. In fact, he kept our country safe from any major potential terrorist attack for 7 years and drove the numbers of potential attacks around the world up.
  5. He rid Iraq of the potentially evil dictator Sadaam (or Saddam, I don't know) Hussein.
  6. He set the people in Afghanistan free from the hands of the CIA and free from their restrictive and ridiculous laws that are harmful to opium.

On the other hand, Obama is a newbie, so maybe he will live up to the title some day. We can keep our fingers crossed and hope because we're just to god-damn lazy for anything else.

-------------

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
What an amusing thread.

George. For what????? That would have been errrr.....like giving the Dole company 5 regular bananas as a prize.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Nominating Obama makes a mockery of the Nobel Peace Prize. It is/was supposed to be given for what someone has done. I think I should win it because I want to bring about world peace.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by StinkyFeet
reply to post by December_Rain

Nope not kidding. Just look at the list of major accomplishments toward peace that I gave.

You're wasting your time. You're talking to people who think peace consists of inaction and talk. They have no grasp of history or reality. Peace has never been won through talk. Ever. They refer people who talk a big game, but don't actually do anything.

These people also re-write history to their liking, so no matter what you say they have the Daily Kos version to come back with. For example, "more AQ recruits under bush". Yet Clinton's inaction led to multiple attacks and 3,000 American dead. So, Bush was obviously doing something right.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

George. For what????? That would have been errrr.....like giving the Dole company 5 regular bananas as a prize.

He actually liberated people, instead of just talking about it while you watch them slaughtered from your office at the UN.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
i opened this post sure it was a joke of some kind.. wow.. i cant even believe anyone on this site would believe any of that let alone post such sillyness lol Bush deserved impeachment and a very long prison term..

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
George bush should be given the nobel prize awards of Fear marketing, terrorism against its own people, staging two fake wars, and liking asses all day long

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raven Hemp
Nominating Obama makes a mockery of the Nobel Peace Prize.

And the OP starting a thread about nominating Bush doesn't????

[edit on 11-10-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
It's fascinating to see how many people loathe GWB to the point of wishing him harmed, tortured, dead, or some combination of the three...could the same be said about BHO without the Left quickly shouting "Racists!"?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Stinkyfeet - if the world was a village, you would be its idiot.

In all my time here on ATS I have never encountered a more stupid post than this one - you show no sign that it is irony, so I can only conclude that you have slipped a disc in your brain.

Part of the spiel was regarding Saddam Hussien, and someone responded shooting down your assertions - he however somewhat agreed that Saddam Hussien was a 'bad man' and needed killing.

For what? When and why? For all the things he allegedly did, that was alleged by the same media that brought you war propaganda 24/7?

Lets say he was a bad guy - lets invade the country - kill off 1.5 million of its inhabitants, bomb it into the stone age - and then claim we have improved things for the locals.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
What a freaking joke! I cannot believe this thread actually exists....

You my friend, need to watch 'Zeitgeist', and 'Iran Is Not The Problem.'

It makes me sad to know that people are still blind to the government's control of the media....

Neither one of those two men deserve the Nobel peace award.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by StinkyFeet

S&F

I'll say that he is more deserving than Obama.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/10/09 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Let's just jump the shark and give the prize to Charles Manson too.

Death is peace right?

[edit on 11-10-2009 by antonia]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by bowlbyville

oh i dont know, it might be that one was a evil person and the other hadnt even become president before people wanted him dead. thats pretty much bigger than party lines.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

to answer the question in your avatar, No.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/10/09 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Nobel Prizes are political tools used by the Elites for their own selfish purposes.

That's a fact.

You don't see many Communist Chinese getting it do you? But you do see the Dalai Lama (has a criminal record) getting it which pisses off the Chinese.

Why didn't Ghandi get it? All because he was dead? Is that fair?

Now Obama's got it. And I'll bet that he's going to invade Iran (as long as they don't have nukes).

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
George W As much as he messed up and as bad as he was in some aspects still did alot for the country. Taking out Saddam and giving iraq a chance to be a good nation is more then obama has done yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join