It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real winner of the Nobel Peace Prize goes to. . .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I sent the following e mail to my representatives this morning, along with the story of the Topeka, Kansas Navy Seal who lost both his legs in Afghanistan. I also faxed another letter below, to Pres. Obama. I strongly believe Pres. Obama should dedicate this award to the American men and women fighting in the two wars he leads. He leads two campaigns right now:

source
canadafreepress.com...

I'd like to remind people that there are REAL PEOPLE out there that are much more deserving than Obama.

Pick your own winner.

I'm going with the people that have sacrificed (whether just or not) to a war that they believed in.

They, the men and women who fight for OUR rights, OUR freedoms, deserve the Nobel Peace Prize far and above any damned politician.

Just my humble opinion.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Uh, hate to point out the painfully obvious, but no one who is currently fighting in a combat zone is doing so to protect our freedoms or rights.

If they really wanted to fight for our freedom, they would lay siege to Washington DC

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwreck

They believe they are. They believe they are doing it to protect those at home by taking the fight to their backyard. Believe or not.

But I can find twenty people in my neighborhood more deserving.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The real winner of the Nobel Peace Prize goes to. . .

To meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! Last time when I worked for a company as a freelancer, I was in OFFICE for TWELVE days. So, I beat Obama. GIMMMEE MY PRIZE!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

The Nobel Peace prize....for soldiers fighting a war?

Are you joking?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

In a convoluted world that is. People who are soldiers are fighting more out of vain ignorance than out of patriotism and respect for the nation. If the soldiers knew the real reasons we were fighting wars they would not register or sign up in the first place. The Pentagon must like the fact that many soldiers aren't that aware of our military history, or, if they are they're ignorant of it.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I have a friend who has spent his whole adult life helping the poor in East Saint Louis, IL, a terrible slum. He started Catholic Urban Programs im 1973 and is still it's director.For years he had a bed set up out of his office as he worked so many late hours.

He is/was always there for those who needed help the most. Spending countless hours with the the sick and dying. Food, medicine, shelter, money for medicine - you name it, he comes through.

One of the bishops referred to him as a walking saint. He is more than a saint. He is a superhero and my vote for the Nobel Peace Prize.

The most selfless man I ever met - Joseph Hubbard.

www.ccsil.org...

[edit on 10/9/2009 by sad_eyed_lady]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Sorry, couldn't resist this but today I went to lunch and my fortune cookie said ..." You love Peace." and my husbands said "You always bring others happiness." So I guess between the two of us we should jointly collaborate on spreading that message to the world and get ready for our acceptance speech next year.

So If I sign my post Peace Love and Happiness will someone please nominate me?

Until Later,
Millionaire Mommy

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Well, I agree that he should dedicate the award to those who have actually given so much for our country.

His speech writers are working overtime to put the positive spin on this PR nightmare.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Are you blind to the absurdity of nominating soldiers for a peace prize?

I guess war is peace, freedom is slavery, and ignorance is strength.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by 30_seconds]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

The Nobel Peace prize....for soldiers fighting a war?

Are you joking?

Nope. Who would you vote for?

As an aside, the best, strongest, anti-war people I have ever met were the military. They aren't safe on a college campus protesting, they don't wear pink shirts making noise.

They are there. Getting shot at. Ask any military peoson/wife/child and they will be the strongest anti war people around.

And with a honest, valid reason.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

How about the scientists who have worked towards the cure for HIV? I remember earlier that there was a successful vaccine for HIV a while back from the news. It had like a 30% success rate. How about people like that?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 30_seconds
Are you blind to the absurdity of nominating soldiers for a peace prize?

I guess war is peace, freedom is slavery, and ignorance is strength.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by 30_seconds]

I explained my reason above. Who would you choose?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 30_seconds

No one is advocating that soldiers actually win the award. It has been suggested that Obama DEDICATE the award to those who have actually sacrificed something for the nation. In the name of Peace of course.

Nobel did give the world DYNAMITE.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Sounds like an honorable choice.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

How about the scientists who have worked towards the cure for HIV? I remember earlier that there was a successful vaccine for HIV a while back from the news. It had like a 30% success rate. How about people like that?

Anyone who works to preserve life, is a winner in my book. Good choice, again.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Well, I agree that he should dedicate the award to those who have actually given so much for our country.

His speech writers are working overtime to put the positive spin on this PR nightmare.

It would be the right thing to do, but his ego wouldn't allow it.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
My winner goes to the police and government officials who have absolutely wrecked my life, desperate for me to do something wrong. Pure scum, they deserve to have the nobel prize, given that they are absolute beasts of humans, trying to destroy innocent people.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I would give it to the poor jobless, homeless, disenfranchised and destitute folks in America.

When you have nothing, you have little choice but to be peaceful.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

No offense, but that's just a ridiculous statement.

If they were the strongest anti-war people around then they wouldn't join the military.

If they truely were anti-war they'd quit, let alone join up in the first place.

God we never learn do we?

It's like saying i am the most passionate advocate of animal rights and working in an abattoir.

Your logic seems a bit twisted to me.

I don't know who i'd vote for but certainly not soldiers.

[edit on 9/10/09 by Kram09]

[edit on 9/10/09 by Kram09]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join