It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airports To Take Temperatures, May Quarantine Passengers Exhibiting H1N1 Symptoms...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Airports To Screen Passengers For H1N1 Symptoms New Guidelines Allow Airports To Take Temperatures, Quarantine Passengers Exhibiting Flu-Like Illness People Traveling Internationally May Be Screened When Leaving, Entering U.S.

wcbstv.com...

WASHINGTON (CBS) ―

With the holiday season just a few weeks away, health officials fear the swine flu will pick up right along with air travel.

New government guidelines are on their way, designed to help keep passengers healthy.

This flu season, airport staff across the nation won't just be screening for security threats. They'll also be looking out for health threats – people who look like they may have the H1N1 virus.

The government says that people traveling internationally may be screened for the H1N1 virus as they leave or enter the U.S.t

Talk about a nanny state, move over U.K. you've got company. I am so sick of "new government guidelines." Freedom is going faster than sand through an hourglass. Somebody is doing their best not to waste (or maybe I should say likes to create) a good crisis.

Be sure to allow yourself extra time at the airport for this new procedure.

[edit on 10/8/2009 by sad_eyed_lady]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Don't fly then, if you can't abide by the rules. There's nothing in the Constitution stating it is a right to fly with no restrictions or precautions.
If there were a pandemic, I take it you wouldn't be blaming the government for not doing anything? How hard is it to walk through a machine that takes your temperature, and answer questions if you have one?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

We shall see just how easy this is going to be. If you don't see it as a problem maybe it isn't. Time will tell.

Personally, I am sick and tired of the government telling us what we can or can't do. I don't trust them or their motives. The government is not my doctor or my mother and I don't need them to take that role.

No it is not a right, but this sure is another restriction. One the taxpayer will get the bill for in due time.

I don't buy into the MSM's whole pandemic fear mongering BS. It is really blown grossly out of proportion.

Enjoy all the hoops to get to jump through now, they'll be doubled in short order.

[edit on 10/9/2009 by sad_eyed_lady]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Their response is kind of late.

It's already around the globe. What exactly are they preventing?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I generally fly out of the strictest airport in the country- Reagan National, and even when it is crowded, the security lines move pretty quick. I can't imagine walking through a temperature machine before or after the metal detectors will take any more time. I think we need those machines Japan has, which disinfect people as they walk through them.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Good point. By the time they get this all set up flu season will be over. Guess it will be all set for the next manufactured pandemic.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu

I think we need those machines Japan has, which disinfect people as they walk through them.

You can disinfect someone all you want. It won't slow down airborne bugs from coughs and sneezes.

top topics

join