It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vaccines cause autism: Supporting evidence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Vaccines cause autism: Supporting evidence

www.naturalnews.com

Rates of autism have skyrocketed 1000% since 1990, yet defenders of vaccines and the pharmaceutical industry keep scratching their heads in confusion: What could be causing this?

There is also a strong connection between all forms of vaccinations and autism. A U.S. study found that children who received vaccines containing a preservative called thimerosal, which is almost 50 percent mercury, were more than twice as likely to develop autism than children who did not.

the first cases of auti
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Shocking article, or not so but still
Thimerosal seems to play a Major factor in autism if you read the artical, several doctors and scientists are pointing their fingters at thimerosal as the cause of autism.

Studies have shown that the poisons in vaccinations are a major cause of learning disabilities, autism and mental retardation in children. Evidence of Harm: Mercury in Vaccines and the Autism Epidemic: A Medical Controversy by David Kirby is one of several books exposing this danger. The drug companies even lobbied to get a rider attached to the Homeland Security Bill that prevents people from suing them for the damage done by vaccinations!

This says ALOT
there's even a new vaccine out for people having a dependancy on illegal mind altering substances.

It's ridiculous!

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Vaccines also cause retardation. That's why people keep taking them. (they don't work)

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Autism is genetic. People should be careful when they claim that vaccines cause autism. Vaccines may produce in sensitive children autistic-like symptoms, and if people were to research this aspect they would get farther, but it does not cause "autism".

I believe many children are misdiagnosed as "autistic" or "autistic spectrum" and what we are seeing is adverse event or serious adverse event to vaccines with permanent or semi-permanent trauma.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

I'll just say this...

despite the propaganda that says that vaccines do not cause autism, they very well freakin do.

I know from experience.

My son, who up until the time that he had one of his vaccines, was well ahead of the curve, suddenly went into a downward spiral. Within 2 weeks of having his vaccine.

2 weeks after his vaccine, the downward spiral began.

I am sorry, but no one will ever tell me different. I know what caused it. He now is irreparably damaged. Officially his condition is called Childhood Disintegrative Disorder, and is one dang nasty thing to have.

It was not long after this event that the news came out about the vaccine companies getting full immunities to any damage done by their vaccines.

Oh yeah. No one, I do not care what studies you throw into my face, no one will ever tell me differently. I saw it first hand. I was there, comforting him in all of his confusion, and to this day, look into his eyes and see what's behind them, and know just what those ... people... did to my, until then, happy, completely normal child.

By the way, no one in our family other than him have been diagnosed with autism. It may be genetic, but not here.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
thanks guy above me
I'm sorry to hear about your son

I can never read any of your posts because you have such a disturbing Avatar.

It's very distracting and creepy

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by A Fortiori
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Autism is genetic. People should be careful when they claim that vaccines cause autism. Vaccines may produce in sensitive children autistic-like symptoms, and if people were to research this aspect they would get farther, but it does not cause "autism".

I believe many children are misdiagnosed as "autistic" or "autistic spectrum" and what we are seeing is adverse event or serious adverse event to vaccines with permanent or semi-permanent trauma.

In reply to your statement, I am assuming you are neither a doctor nor a researcher of any kind. How can you conclude that vaccines do not cause autism? Where is your research? How can you conclude autism is genetic? Where is your research? I don't think people should be careful when they claim vaccines cause autism. In fact, they should SCREAM it! Maybe it will stimulate much needed research on this subject. I will always be careful of what I put into my body...even more so if it contains mercury. Why isn't anyone else? You should be ashamed of your self for spreading such reckless disregard.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Longtimegone

I think this person is just pointing out that some autism is genetic and may occur naturally. Other cases like the one described by Jomina is put into the same diagnosis, but the cause is different. Reread the post with that in mind.

My nephew has autism, but he was diagnosed with it before he was born, so I know that it does occur even before vaccines. In his case, my sister became pregnant later in life which is where there is a higher risk of autism. I believe that vaccinations can cause autism, but not all autism is caused by vaccines.

I think a big part of the cause is environmental. Here in the midwest there are areas where there are a lot of heavy metals from industry. I live by the Cuyahoga River and to this day they still don't recommend swimming or eating the fish, even though people do. I don't think they inform people well enough about this danger.

[edit on 10/6/2009 by Hal9000]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

I am not doubting that the symptoms highly resemble autism, and I do think the vaccines are causing this problems with children. What I was stating is that you will never get scientists, the CDC, the FDA, or mainstream media to accept it without snark because they will fall back upon "autism is genetic".

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Again, you misunderstand me. A vaccine cannot cause autism. It can cause symptoms that mimic it and are very real to the parents. However, when parents cry that it is autism then conventional medical and public health professionals will snicker and condescend and tell you with certainty that autism is genetic.

I believe the vaccines, the foods, etc are causing autistic like symptoms, ADHD, etc. I agree with you, I am saying it in a different way.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
thanks guy above me
I'm sorry to hear about your son

I can never read any of your posts because you have such a disturbing Avatar.

It's very distracting and creepy

It is the love of my life "Noel Fielding".

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
These people cherry pick data or straight make it up if it doesn't fit their view, and worse, they prey on new parents who don't know any better to push their garbage on.

Where to even start.

Perhaps the quickest BS give away, is the assertion of hidden knowledge. Real scientists and analysts never refer to knowledge outside the article without explicitly citing it, hoaxers and frauds do it frequently to give the appearance that the evidence on their side is overwhelming when they're simply making it up as the go.

"Lots of clues point to vaccines as one of the primary contributing factors to increased rates of autism." -Really? Which ones?

"There is also a strong connection between all forms of vaccinations and autism...Specifically, the culprit is thimerosal.." -How do you know?

"There's growing evidence that shows that a drug called thimerosal is to blame." -What evidence?

"The primary causes of autism known to come from vaccines..." He has the answers, which he will sell you, in his book.

When people are full of crap, they like to assert things as fact when they have no idea what they're talking about, it's much, much easier than actually looking at the evidence. If you're able to ask the easiest questions - what, where, when, how, why - and not get a sufficient answer, it's crap.

The bottom line is that the anti-vaxx/anti-intelligence movement is killing children and will only get worse as the stupid spreads.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus

The bottom line is that the anti-vaxx/anti-intelligence movement is killing children and will only get worse as the stupid spreads.

People like you are the ones killing and permanently disabling children. Mercury is a known toxic substance. If you doubt it, go eat some.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by radio_for_peace

People like you are the ones killing and permanently disabling children. Mercury is a known toxic substance. If you doubt it, go eat some.

Except mercury was taken out of the vaccines years ago, try again.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Autism is a speech/behavior disorder. The kids who are being labled autistic have speech and behavior problems. Yes, there may be instances where behavior and speech problems are caused by genetics, however these problems can also be caused by injuring social intelligence areas of the brain. Expensive behavior modification therapy developed for autistics is the only treatment which helps this bumper crop of autistics. Although most of the autistic children do not have a genetic propensity for autism they can justifably be called autistic. I believe that tainted vaccines are behind the huge increase in autism.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by A Fortiori

Again, you misunderstand me. A vaccine cannot cause autism. It can cause symptoms that mimic it and are very real to the parents. However, when parents cry that it is autism then conventional medical and public health professionals will snicker and condescend and tell you with certainty that autism is genetic.

I believe the vaccines, the foods, etc are causing autistic like symptoms, ADHD, etc. I agree with you, I am saying it in a different way.

We do not know enough about the brain to know what physical or chemical difference cause autism. Autism is not clearly defined. Because of this, we can only group people together with similar symptoms and say they are autistic. But once again, you can not say vaccines do not cause autism. You do not know that. Stop hiding behind your word play. I'm sure a parent of an "autistic" child does not care if the child actually has autism or just has symptoms of it. The mere fact that the child shows symptoms of it shows that there is some difference or that there has been some change to his brain which may or may not have been caused by a vaccine.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Longtimegone]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Perhaps the quickest BS give away, is the assertion of hidden knowledge. Real scientists and analysts never refer to knowledge outside the article without explicitly citing it, hoaxers and frauds do it frequently to give the appearance that the evidence on their side is overwhelming when they're simply making it up as the go.

Glad that you should mention that. Here is a primary example of a non "real scientist" doing that very thing:

However, Danin did not examine the shroud itself. His sample of pollen grains originated with Max Frei, who tape-lifted pollen grain samples from the shroud. Frei's pollen grains have been controversial from the beginning. Frei, who once pronounced the forged "Hitler Diaries" to be genuine, probably introduced the pollen grains himself or was duped and innocently picked up pollen grains another pious fraud had introduced (Nickell).

Nowhere in The Skeptic do they explain the background and circumstances behind Max Frei's task for the Hitler diaries, and make it look like he is the sort of person who supports frauds and hoaxes for personal gain.

I quite agree that it is abominable behavior when people allude to something or take an item out of context in order to be persuasive.

Of course the OP points to a public health article and not a research paper, and the Skeptics magazine's article was opinion and not a research paper, so maybe we could cut them both some slack and realize these are people commenting and piggybacking off the research of others not the scientists themselves, thereby not calling them "frauds".

"Lots of clues point to vaccines as one of the primary contributing factors to increased rates of autism." -Really? Which ones?

"There is also a strong connection between all forms of vaccinations and autism...Specifically, the culprit is thimerosal.." -How do you know?

This is an article, not a research white paper. The audience and goals are different. It is a synthesis of work produced by other people. You are judging it by the same standards you would the findings of research and that is hardly fair.

When people are full of crap, they like to assert things as fact when they have no idea what they're talking about, it's much, much easier than actually looking at the evidence.

And sometimes when people are full of crap they search the internet for quotes by other people even if they have no idea what they mean and post them on a message board along with insupportable comments, dripping with snark.

Sometimes they will say: "Prove it" without providing a measure of success or context. That is equally unhelpful.

If you're able to ask the easiest questions - what, where, when, how, why - and not get a sufficient answer, it's crap.

If you do not supply criteria for have a sliding bar of criteria for or explain the measurement of success in supplying answers to such questions, its likewise crap.

The CDC created the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System. Why? To catalog adverse events related to vaccines. When a vaccine has too many AEs or SAEs it is pulled from the market, such as the increased incidence of intussusception that provoked the removal of the rotovirus vaccine. In small children, it is possible that they have a "sensitivity" to a particular ingredient in a vaccine that has yet to be uncovered due to their age. For these reasons and others, NCVIA was established. There was enough evidence that some children are adversely affected by vaccines to determine a course of action, therefore to speak without equivocation that vaccines do not adversely affect children is misleading and rather lacking in a dynamic ability to analyze human differences relative to medication.

Vaccines and most medicines are meant to meet the needs of a large, generic portion of the population, and they do. However, in some individuals this can be detrimental to the health of a child versus positive. In those cases, it is unkind and unwise to act dismissively.

I believe in general vaccines are a good thing for those diseases that cannot be easily treated, and unnecessary for those that can.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by A Fortiori]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

It was taken out of SOME vaccines years ago, not all
Try again!

Also, read the article
Majority of your questions are in the article with many supporting links

thanks

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

It was taken out of SOME vaccines years ago, not all
Try again!

Also, read the article
Majority of your questions are in the article with many supporting links

thanks

Which ones was it not taken out of, relating to the context of this discussion?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

And I am stating that if parents want real change then they must choose their words carefully. If they slip just a hair then they will lose everything. They will get farther with the CDC, and cases have been won this way, when they cease to say "autism" and say vaccine poisoning.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join