It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eight U.S. troops killed in east Afghan battle

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Well if we are going to throw figures around let's keep them real shall we?

Total coalition casualties in Afghanistan since the invasion

Total coalition casualties 1441. Of that 868 are American + 8 more

Not 3000

[edit on 4-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Aside from the general outrage expressed by ATS members on this site, how desensitized is the American public becoming, in general, to the mounting casualties?

In Canada, individual in-action deaths of our military still makes nationwide front page news complete with an elaborate repatriation ceremony when the bodies are returned to our soil. However, I'm beginning to see signs of brevity of this coverage as we pass the 130-plus casualty mark.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
"I say we just nuke any country that has people that are willing and succeed in hurting our country. As far as 9/11, we have had some major payback in both places. If they try it again then I say we let the nuke genie out of the bottle..."

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Let's invade and/or nuke Afhganistan and Iraq because, according to the "official story", all of the 19 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Lebanon. What the hell, these people (even the innocent ones) are just a bunch of "Barbarians" whose life has no value to us Westerners because we are way above them on the food chain due to our SUVS and satellite tv.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by SphinxMontreal]

If you quoted me in proper context that would be one thing but as usual people like you like to fan the flames of discontent.

I said if they hit us we hit them back harder. I didn't say pull out and nuke them. I said pull out and let them live their barbarian lifestyle... If they bring it to our borders then just send over a nuke. Read much? Or are you just uneducated?

Don't be an idiot and quote people out of context and put your spin on it because you sympathize with the way those barbarians live over there.

I'm sure there are many families over there that would love to live in peace but that is not our problem. We need to pull out and they need to take care of their own. If they want to live under a dictatorship backed up by terror that is their problem.

We don't need boots on the ground to defend our nation. Let them kill each other but if they dare bring it here then I say nuke the hell out of them.

But by all means spin away SphinxMontreal. You sound like a true leftist...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GoneGrey

You're absolutely right. American's have become desensitized to a lot of things. Letterman's ratings actually went up when the public found out he was sleeping around with female staff.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Wow...Some of the people on here just don't get it.

All we have eaten and breathed for the last 8 years is this war. We are not like the civilians who have ignored and forgotten 9-11. We are reminded of 9-11 everyday. We are reminded of the War everyday. We are reminded of the sacrifice of blood, sweat and tears everyday.

You don't just turn that off. Its not a light switch. You can't just shut that down, especially in failure and by giving up. It goes against everything we are, our very purpose and meaning in life. Our very honor and ethos are at stake here.

This is nothing like Vietnam. The NVA did not attack the Pentagon. Vietnam was a police action to aid South Vietnam. This is a War against those who assaulted and devastated targets in the United States of America. A war against those who took the lives of United States civilians and military personnel.

We will never forget or forgive that. Unlike the majority of American civilians who toil away living in a bubble of reality television and inane social networks, we will never ever forget 9-11 and the War that has followed.

We will never ever forget our fallen comrades. We will never ever forgive those who took their lives. We will always stand ready to defend this nation against all enemies foreign and domestic. We will always be prepared to sacrifice blood, sweat, and tears for the future of this great nation. It is who we are. It is our way of life.

In the beginning of this war, we were told we would not falter, that we would not fail. What does one do with with almost 3 million people who lived and breathed that for 8 years? It defies our very honor and ethos to suggest such.

What happens when those 3 million people are not allowed to complete their mission and these United States are again devastated by those enemies we failed to eliminate?

We will never forget.

We will never forgive.

We will never falter.

We will not fail.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by northof8

I used to think like you. Then I realized that by sending nukes to anyone that would attack us then we would destroy the world. That's what happens when the nukes start to fly. We all die.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

The Afghan war and the current conflict could have been avoided if America handed evidence to Taliban connect Al-Qaeda with 9/11. America never did, even after Taliban said they will hand him over. It is not about 9/11, after 8 years you still believe that garbage. zzz

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Sure America was blood hungry after 9/11, but I think they are full.

Please, Get out. Canada is returning for more training and re-equipping, but Harper said to Obama that unless a withdrawl plan is written up we aren't going back.

I lost one friend and another friend from Maine, who was in the Irak war, and can't talk case shot through side of neck..... and that is enough. Too much.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

When did the Taliban ever honestly say they would hand over Bin Laden or Al Qaeda?

There was more than enough evidence from just the embassy bombings in Africa and the attack on the USS Cole to drag his sorry %!@ before a military tribunal.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

"On 21 September 2001, the Taliban responded that if the United States could bring evidence that bin Laden was guilty, they would hand him over, stating there was no evidence in their possession linking him to the 11 September attacks."

"This counter offer was immediately rejected by the U.S. as insufficient."

wikipedia

and what evidence was that?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

If Canada wants out I have no problem with that. Your cities weren't attacked. Your monuments weren't destroyed.

Heck I don't care if NATO goes home.

As long as we finish the fight I don't care. The only caveat I have is that once NATO is gone we take the gloves off and Pakistan (and anywhere else) ceases to be a safe zone.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I want a source.

As I said already Al Qaeda and Bin Laden already have enough dirt on them, regardless of 9-11, to face military tribunal.

If you think the embassy bombings and the USS Cole bombing were inside jobs your totally lost.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

As long as we finish the fight

Who are you fighting? And how do you know if the fight is finished?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by oozyism

I want a source.

As I said already Al Qaeda and Bin Laden already have enough dirt on them, regardless of 9-11, to face military tribunal.

If you think the embassy bombings and the USS Cole bombing were inside jobs your totally lost.

USS Cole:

On 14 March 2007, a federal judge in the United States, Robert Doumar ruled that the Sudanese government was liable for the bombing.

en.wikipedia.org...

Embassy bombings:

The bombings are widely believed to have been revenge for American involvement in the extradition, and alleged torture, of four members of Egyptian Islamic Jihad (EIJ) who had been arrested in Albania in the two months prior to the explosions and extradited to Egypt.

en.wikipedia.org...

Taliban asking for evidence:
Source click HERE HERE HERE HERE

[edit on 4-10-2009 by oozyism]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

As long as we finish the fight

Who are you fighting? And how do you know if the fight is finished?

taliban leaders reconcile and violence ceases. The hell-bent insurgent leaders need to step forward, or be killed, for whats right.

/endoffight.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

We know the fight is finished when they, the jihadist terror networks, are no longer a threat to the United States.

Another large 9-11 scale must be prevented. If we fail in that mission, especially if we quit, the United States as a federal republic will not survive. That is why it is so important that we finish this fight.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

taliban leaders reconcile and violence ceases. The hell-bent insurgent leaders need to step forward, or be killed, for whats right.

/endoffight.

LOL

how many Afghani lives is worth this mission? I'm not going to mention the others, cause they are the occupiers.

Do you believe that for every Afghan killed, more will replace him/her for revenge? Is that problem solvable?

[edit on 4-10-2009 by oozyism]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

So basically, you are telling me that the Taliban cared more about the innocence or proof of guilt of one person rather than the safety of everybody living in Afghanistan.

Keep on believing that they were willing to turn Osama over if the US provided proof. A stall tactic is all it was.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Actually, the Soviet Union was winning until the US became involved.
Wasn't Afghanistan conquered by the Taliban and Al-Qaeda? They pretty much ran the country for a while.
How was removing the Taliban and Al-Qaeda from the Afghani government conquering Afghanistan?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by oozyism

We know the fight is finished when they, the jihadist terror networks, are no longer a threat to the United States.

That can be done without risking thousands of Afghan lives, like hey let's just talk to them. They don't hate you for no reason, America needs to compromise as well. America has been forcing everyone to follow there own agenda forgetting that others need some attention also, like the so called terrorists.

Another large 9-11 scale must be prevented. If we fail in that mission, especially if we quit, the United States as a federal republic will not survive. That is why it is so important that we finish this fight.

Um is that why you are in Iraq is well?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join