It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 protesters blasted by sonic cannon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
i know people wont agree with me..physical force is nothing to worry about..as long as they werent shooting at people, it looks like it would of been fun to mess with the authorities in pittsburgh, sort of like the run of the bulls in mexico.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Due to the fact that these people in Pittsburgh were not protesting but merely walking down the street, tells me that this use of the sonic weapon was PRACTICE for when TSHTF. I can only imagine what it would sound like if the soldiers turned the volume up in an actual riot situation. I suppose a practice run on the actual public was deemed necessary to get a real and not supposed reaction. What will they PRACTICE with next? nerve gas? airborn virus? ricen? I cannot believe that any govenor or president of the united states would allow these weapons to be tested on the people who were causeing no trouble. I saw it with my own eyes and I'm appalled. God help us all.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
At least passers by seemed mostly unaffected by it. Rioters/protestors won't.

Also, I really hate the suggestion that there can even be an "unlawful protest". What an oxymoron.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This is part of the NWO, at least from what ive laerned. When i was 19, my friends older borther was in military, then becaem anurse, showed us a tape he got form soemone, some guy talking about the NWO with detail ,c hart, whats to come....i remember him saying, that new technology would come forth, but its not for us, its to be USE agaisnt us. so all these corprations and buisnesses that manufacture ie..cell phones, ipods, ect are dangerous to our health. Their getting kickbacks nad making money on them! the bigger the system gets, moreso the governemnt, the more in toruble we get.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Personally, if i wasthier, i would have gotten as many prtoetoers with me together, and do anyting from climbing ontop of the police vehicle with small sledgehammers, break that sonic unit into pieces, to throwing moltov cocktails at it.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
i had no idea...
this is so disheartening.
thanks for the vids guys.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Personally.. my course of action if own could get close enough without being injured by the weapons.. Would involve a bit of climbing and a very large hammer.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Alchemst7

You would need something bigger than a .22 I think. But with a gun you are endangering anybody standing by. Personally I think big rocks would be a bit more effective.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Really, no business being there?

These are state National Guardsmen, who were requested by their commander in chief- E. Rendell, not federalized troops.

KEY EXCEPTIONS TO THE POSSE COMITATUS ACT
A summary of key exceptions to the Posse Comitatus Act follows:3
• National Guard forces operating under the state authority of Title 32 (i.e., under state rather than federal service) are exempt from Posse Comitatus Act restrictions.

link

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

There was no emergency that warranted calling out the National Guard in the first place so NO THEY HAD NO BUSINESS BEING THERE.

Neither did Law Enforcement Officers from other States have any business being there.

Neither did foreign dignitaries from around the world have any business being there if in so being there it creates a distruption to normal every day live and loss of liberties and economic opportunities for the citizens of the city.

If sercurity were an Issue for World Leaders they could have met on an Air Craft Carrier surrounded by a Battle Group like was done during World War II when the whole world was at war.

Distrubuting the everday life of a city, using rubber bullets, tear gas, pepper spray, bean bag projectiles, trungeons and sonic noise weapons on them...

Shame on every leader from around the world who participated in that conference and did not speak out about it.

Deny the holocaust and every leader stands up and has a hissy fit.

Perpetrate the same types of actions that led to it on U.S. Citizens every leader the world over stays mum or applauds it.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Well I think we all need to invest in some gas mask/baseball bats/body armor and make some shields and take them to the next big protest and if we do this in big numbers we can make our owe riot squad line and stand toe to toe with them and when they attack us we attack them not until they swing 1st if we have a lot of people we will out number and chase them out of the city, and don't forget your ear plugs and mega phones, the real revolution is about to begin we need to prepare now its not looking good after seeing the G20 Protest videos good luck everyone lets protect our country from these Tyrants before they nuke us.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
question.... would earplugs work well against this sonic weapon? would it be a good idea to stock up on some earplugs?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I wonder what kind of affect it would have on me.I suffer from hereditary nerve deafness,and have very poor hearing.If I was to turn off my hearing aids,my wife really has to talk loud for me to understand her.

So I wonder if this would have any affect on me without my hearing aids.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
If you are looking for a free country these days, try France.

Too bad people didnt overrun their vehicle and took their sonic weapon from them. The military are not the good guys in this scenario.

I will be very surprised if we dont see microwave weapons used in the near future as well.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Police traps students, zero ins into them and then gases them

Why is there such a HUGE squad of revolutionary guards for?
ehem, I mean riot police.

Nobody was armed, they didn't seem like they posed a threat
So what was the big deal?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
There You Have it People!
First time ever used on america citizens

Not true, this has been tested numerous times by the Army on people and by its American manufacturer and it has been proven to be completely safe to use.

That sonic weapon on "dissenters" basically said "Shut Up America"!

Amazing isn't it?
This is where we've come
This is what we've become

Just because you are American doesnt mean you can just do what ever you want. The rules still apply to you even if you pay taxes. The first amendment is valid as long as you dont infringe upon the rights of others or government functioning.

We've become a society that doesnt tolerate lunatics prancing around shouting and dancing simply for the sake of protesting. Most if not all dont know what they are protesting against or what the aim of the protests are.

Its merely a street brawl with the police due to mass hysteria and mob psyche. They dont care about the third world or the global economy.

That sound was LOUDDDDDDDDD and can easily damage eardrums.

WRONG!
It is totally safe, non lethal weapon to use and has been tested numerous times before.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by IAF101]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
There was no emergency that warranted calling out the National Guard in the first place so NO THEY HAD NO BUSINESS BEING THERE.

The national Guard doesnt NEED an emergency to deploy. Its deployment rests with the state governor and can be deployed to supplement police and security officers in time of need. It was completely legal for them to be present there.

Neither did Law Enforcement Officers from other States have any business being there.

Police and Security officers from out of state are allowed to participate if they are given State's approval and are requisitioned by the police department.

Neither did foreign dignitaries from around the world have any business being there if in so being there it creates a distruption to normal every day live and loss of liberties and economic opportunities for the citizens of the city.

The dignitaries are guests of the US Federal Government and have the privilege of being heads of state, they have every right to be there . It is the protesters who created the "disruption to normal everyday life and the loss of liberties and economic opportunities for everyday citizens" NOT the dignitaries.

If sercurity were an Issue for World Leaders they could have met on an Air Craft Carrier surrounded by a Battle Group like was done during World War II when the whole world was at war.

The whole world isnt at war and neither is there any war inside the US. The meetings venue is decided by the Federal government after asking permission from the respective state authorities. It can be held anywhere where the Federal government get an appropriate venue.
The Foolishness of a few hundred protesters who dont know what they are protesting against or why they are ever there is not a factor than the Federal government can circumvent by changing venues. Idiots exist everywhere.

Distrubuting the everday life of a city, using rubber bullets, tear gas, pepper spray, bean bag projectiles, trungeons and sonic noise weapons on them...

Shame on every leader from around the world who participated in that conference and did not speak out about it.

Shame on the leaders ?? Why ? For quieting doing their business without causing a ruckus like the unruly protesters ? The protesters should be arrested and asked to pay the city compensation for all the increased police and the disruption caused. The police should be issued live ammunition and drop a couple dozen protesters rather than waste so many resources dealing with these hoodlums non-violently! Designated protest areas should be identified and protests confined to those areas to prevent disruption to life and the economy of the city.

Deny the holocaust and every leader stands up and has a hissy fit.

Not only every leader but ever sane human being should find it reprehensible!

Perpetrate the same types of actions that led to it on U.S. Citizens every leader the world over stays mum or applauds it.

The Nazis never used rubber bullets, sonic weapons, tear gas etc on those they persecuted.
They broke into their homes in the middle of the night, dragged them out and shipped them off like cattle to concentration camps.
Communists who protested were beaten up by Nazi mobs and their leaders killed. Their families driven out of their homes and fired from their jobs.

This doesnt happen with the Pittsburgh PD.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by IAF101]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

I'm going to have to agree with you on this one. I'm even wondering if the first video wasn't altered and the sound added.

First of all, it's all of 13 seconds long... the people aren't even protesting, There's about fifteen or so people walking down the street, some covering their ears, some not. Many who cover their ears look at the camera or make some kind of gesture "for effect", it seems. The guy in the mask even uses his hands to make a dramatic "Oy Vey" gesture with his arms, facing the camera, of course... The guy close to the truck is filming it and when he stops, doesn't cover his ears. And finally, it doesn't make sense that they would be using this weapon when there clearly was no protest or danger, unless they were testing it.

I wish people would critique these YouTube videos with as much skepticism as they do the UFO vids.

Secondly, with all of these videos being posted about the G20 protesters, I have to ask... Isn't it against the law to disobey a police officer?

Please understand that I'm not advocating the cops using violence, and I believe there are some instances where they went too far and took advantage of the situation, but when the cop gives a direct order to clear the street, aren't you supposed to clear the freaking street and not stand there looking at them, yelling at them and so on?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This is the first time a weapon that is used in the Iraq war is used on us.
I can't sleep this really bothers me. I hope everyone talks about it in the USA and every country talks about this too. What is happening in the USA is very scary. I think that ATS members are right. USA has a lot of sheep and everyone is just watching tv.
MSM does nothing about this. How did Pitsburg police find out about this?
I read this is the only city that has bought one of these.
To turn it on our own people is just mind boggling.
I hope there is an investigation.
Where do they store it while not in use? Does the police department store it? Or does the National Guard store it? What kind of earphones can be bought to not have ear damage. I may seriously buy this just in case.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
this is a sad day as some previously had said, this weapon truely is a statement - "your protests and opinions are painful to listen to, here is our rebutal"

i'm all for peaceful protests that are guarded by police to ensure safety of both sides, but blatently coming out and using a weapon that someone has no defense over, a weapon they cant run?

how is that not overkill?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join