It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with the homegrown terrorists lately??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Hi, I've noticed it too. Warnings are popping up in the USA, and across Europe. They all are without credible, tangible sources when really looking into the threats.

Also, I haven't been paying to close of attention, but at least one of the more recent arrests was from as usual FBI informants, or of FBI agent provocateurs.

Again, it appears as the same ole' govt. song, and dance of Problem, Reaction, Solution. It is something to truly truly worry about. I have no doubt that the govt. is doing this for desensitization of the masses.

Why? It is extremely simple. After the coming said xyz event(s) occur the govt. will be able to tell the masses,"We warned You". It is the same ole' thing, and the govt. is counting on the masses response of,"Well, der We already knew it was coming", in order to shut those of us like You, and I down when We blurt the truth.

S&F

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
tack another one on....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"DALLAS - Police arrested a man Thursday after he allegedly placed an inactive car bomb near Fountain Place at 1445 Ross Avenue in downtown Dallas.

Hosam Maher Husein Smadi, a 19-year-old Jordanian citizen who has been living and working in Italy, Texas illegally, was charged with "attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction," authorities said."

what the hell....

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Yeah, I thought once Obama got elected all these terrorist acts would stop!
At least that's what we were led to believe.

Obama is probably calling Dubya right about now asking for tips on what can be done to stop the rash of attempted attacks.

I'm afraid, you can only thwart so many.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Kinda funny how this is all happening.. I mean, 1 months all you here about is swine/H1N1 flu/virus, next month is Obama's NWO speeches, then outta nowhere, home-grown terrorists popping up all over the place...

My thoughts? They were probably paid and then placed there by someone in the higher ups of our govt...

But that's just me and my serious problem with authority, and ultimate hate for our own, treasonous govt speaking....

S&F

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
These arrests are no more than the FBI finding way to justify the time and money they are wasting chasing terrorists left and right. They need arrests like this to show that their results are paying off. I find it ironic that in most of these cases the FBI had the suspects under surveillance.

Makes me wonder if the FBI is the reason these suspected terrorists were willing to take it one step further.

The value of emphasizing terrorism over crime remains in question. Just 5 percent of the 5,500 leads identified by Counterterrorism 6 have led to more in-depth investigations; few of those resulted in prosecutions and no known terrorist plans have been uncovered.

“Just chasing leads burns through resources,” said intelligence expert Amy Zegart, a professor at the University of California, Los Angeles. “You’re really going to get bang for the buck when you chase leads based on a deeper assessment of who threatens us, their capabilities and indicators of impending attack. Right now, there’s more chasing than assessing.”

gsn.nti.org...

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Great thread OP S&F! for you.
Let's see if I can clear this up a bit:We got whispers of succession floating around.We have The Fed getting questioned more and more by the public we have an economy that Githeiner and the others claim is stabilized.We have the the NYPD members of the JTF questioning the FBI's motives with the recent "terrorist" investigation.The Presidents poll numbers are dropping noticeably and the G20 summit going on.The Administration is looking for some sort of domestic policy victory here so these busts of obvious patsies are being used to make The President look like he's "tough on terrorism."to the Hawks and to beat the drum for a war with Iran.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
It's a false flag fear campaign designed to ensure that defense department and CIA funding stays high. In all reality there probably is no plot, it's just that the government needs to keep people afraid of an invisible outside enemy so that they don't look inward. It's been the policy of Washington for a long time.

Look at the cold war. We were all so busy fearing the commies that few looked inward to the enemy within our government.

I am quite skeptical about these terror plots.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I live in the crap-town known as Bakersfield in California. The only good thing about living here is that we're 2 hours away from the beach, and 45 minutes - an hour away from the forest/mountains, and a few hours away from the desert..

Anyways, a few weeks ago, a car was pulled over for a traffic stop..The guy who got pulled over ended up pulling over at a gas station..
When the cop searched his vehicle, there were numerous explosives + a detonator inside.
He was a Muslim as well.

Freakin' insane.. Nothin' that exciting happens here..But this was a trip!
I've noticed a huge increase in police around here as well. Even though they're laying off officers left and right... very strange.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
tack another one on....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"DALLAS - Police arrested a man Thursday after he allegedly placed an inactive car bomb near Fountain Place at 1445 Ross Avenue in downtown Dallas.

Hosam Maher Husein Smadi, a 19-year-old Jordanian citizen who has been living and working in Italy, Texas illegally, was charged with "attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction," authorities said."

what the hell....

If you read more into this 19yr old kid! from Texas... one will see the FBI set him all up....

www.nytimes.com...

A statement from the United States attorney’s office in Dallas said the Jordanian, Hosam Maher Husein Smadi, was arrested after putting what he thought was a bomb at the 60-story Fountain Place office tower. The device had been given to him by an undercover F.B.I. agent.

The FBI probably exploited his fear by intimidation, his friends ext. on TV, say it was not like him to do this? I would bet the kid was coerced by the FBI...... sick.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Yeah, I thought once Obama got elected all these terrorist acts would stop!
At least that's what we were led to believe.

Well he has stopped them, my friend! Don't you remember that he changed the name to 'Overseas Contingency Operation'?
Now they are happening here, not overseas!

Damn, that Obama is such a genius!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by imitator

The FBI probably exploited his fear by intimidation, his friends ext. on TV, say it was not like him to do this? I would bet the kid was coerced by the FBI...... sick.

The last I heard, a 19 year old was considered an adult in Texas. He makes his own decisions.

Stop blaming the FBI and everyone else. The old 'The Devil made me do it' excuse doesn't work here.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Hosam Maher Husein Smadi, a 19-year-old Jordanian citizen who has been living and working in Italy,Texas illegally

Jeez, with all of the Homeland Security at airports etc wonder how he got in?
Wonder if it was via Mexico? Rhetorical question. I think we know already.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by Flighty]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Same old scenario as always . FBI sets up a sting to traps some disenfranchised patsy into some kind of 'terrorist' operation with the promise of some cash or drugs, whatever . Then they arrest the guy just as he is about to perpetrate the faux terrorist scheme.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
other recent terrorism plots/actions in 2009:

On May 20, 2009, US law enforcement announced the arrest of 4 men in connection with a plot to shoot down military airplanes flying out of an Air National Guard base in Newburgh, New York and blow up two synagogues in the Riverdale community of the Bronx.

The Raleigh jihad group refers to seven men arrested on 27 July 2009 near Raleigh, North Carolina on charges of participating in a conspiracy to commit "violent jihad". An eight man in the indictment, believed to be in Pakistan, has not been arrested

William Boyd an anti govenment militant and two others charged with "conducting reconnaissance of the Marine Corps base at Quantico, Virginia and obtaining armor-piercing ammunition with the intent to attack Americans"

2009 June 1: Arkansas recruiting office shooting One military recruiter was killed and another critically injured by gunshot at a Little Rock, Arkansas Army/Navy Career Center. The suspect Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad said he was upset over U.S. killing of Muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Off topic for a moment....

Originally posted by crimvelvet
There have been foreigners in the USA and Canada, recruiting ex cons straight out of prison and sending them to paramilitary training camps around the country. According to this article Here the people at those camps have recently "vanished"

According to JihadWatch

Lattimore had been convicted in 1979 of stockpiling weapons and explosives in a St. Louis mosque and his credit card was used to purchase materials for the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center. In 1995, while residing at the ul-Fuqra compound in Talihina, Oklahoma, [B] he was spotted on several occasions in the company of Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh [/B]. Despite this, Lattimore was never taken into custody and subjected to an extensive grilling. His name does not appear in the 9/11 Commission Report. He received favored status from the Justice Department since he was listed as an FBI informant.

Is this the passenger in the van that disappeared and was not found?
I'd like to see the sketch description and match it to Lattimore.
A long shot yes, but an informant for the fbi on the scene that day would be a bad thing to let out.

[edit on 25/9/09 by shadow watcher]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
The last I heard, a 19 year old was considered an adult in Texas. He makes his own decisions.

Stop blaming the FBI and everyone else. The old 'The Devil made me do it' excuse doesn't work here.

Yeah well you don't get it, nineteen.... is still a teen, in the state of Texas your not allowed to drink beer until your 21....

19 year old's might be tried as an adult but they are treated like teenagers, because they are young and lack the maturity to handle pressure! ex: drinking age

He may make his own decisions but they are teenage decisions, life-shaping ones at that. At that age you still have vulnerable teen emotions pressured from the outside world and I would bet the FBI played him like a teenage fiddle.

So yeah, the FBI is part to blame because they setup a KID! They gave him the go... and the fake bomb....talk about peer pressure.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by imitator]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

In the middle east you have kids strapping bombs on themselves and you want to whine that the kid was set up??? Get a grip, kids are a big target for recruitment for terrorism. Because of people like you making excuses for them. In Vietnam young kids were given bottles of coke with glass shards in it to give to American GI's. All is fair in war and trying to pin morality into war is doomed to failure. When you are at war you fight to win, using any means at your disposal. The American public heh the western world needs to stop trying to view things through their views of morality. Life is cheap in a lot of the world otherwise you would not have woman getting stoned to death just because they are seen with a male who is not a family member. That "kid" is obviously the perfect type to carry out that type of attack!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Well hey, I live in the civilized world, the FBI should know better to strap a fake bomb to some kid and send him on his way like some uncivilized 3rd world country plot.... I could care less about fairness or excuses for teenagers.... I believe in justice and this is not justice.

That "kid" is obviously the perfect type to carry out that type of attack!

Any kid is the perfect type.... but what's your point, because he's an Jordanian national? That just makes it more easy for them to get in his head....

Look... something is wrong with the picture when the FBI foils their own 'terror plots!

[edit on 25-9-2009 by imitator]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

No because fools will make excuses for the actions of others! Why do you think every military in the world will "recruit" 18-19 yr olds? Lots of aggression and they think their invincible! You turned it into a issue of nationality
Lets not forget he was here illegally. But no obviously the fbi set this poor kid up. All you can see is the big bad government coming after a innocent illegal alien.

Now in agreement with you the fbi foiling it's own plot is to put it mildly odd. However with what little there is to go on none of us know the kids deal. But it is odd in too many ways this Jordanian illegal was here in the US. I'd wager he was here for a reason and probably not a good one.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
During President Bush, things like this would have been just handled. During Mr. Obama they are turning into events.

What is Mr. Obama doing?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join