It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tourists witness return of 'UFOs' at Northern Territory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Tourists witness return of 'UFOs' at Northern Territory

www.news.com.au

UNIDENTIFIED flying objects have returned to a famous Territory hot spot. Workers and tourists at the Wycliffe Well Holiday Park reported seeing strange lights hovering in the night

Park employee Julie Zanker, 36, said she walked outside on Thursday night and was amazed at what she saw, the Northern Territory News reports.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ntnews.com.au

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Came across this article tonight.
All i can find is that it is a "hot spot" and there are some pics and personal accounts but nothing that grabs my attention iin particular as far as UFO pics go. Im having a hard time finding out if there is some legitimate UFO activity going on there or if it is a clever ruse to drive in tourists?
Does anyone know if the sightings in the area are real or if they have been debunked?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Thanks for the link another great story out of the territory.
The NT is certainly a hot spot for strange occurrences.

The Northern Territory NEWS have printed some amazing stories of witness accounts and have a good file of photos to complement the sightings

here is a resent one with more links at the bottom of the page.
www.ntnews.com.au...

Good find Star and Flag

Thanks

Ocker

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ocker

Thanks for that. I have been poking around the net a little bit more on this, it is starting to lean more towards legitamate than hoax.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Wycliffe Wells is located in the middle of the desert on a major highway that spans from essentially Adelaide to Darwin, passing near a heap of landmarks such as Uluru. When you drive past Wycliffe Wells, the first thing you notice is all the paintings and model UFOs outside a cafe. I guess many tourists would stop on the way past, perhaps even staying the night there instead of other larger towns that are only a few hours drive away. All the paintings and such are obviously designed to attract tourists.

I took some photos of the area but might of deleted them.

[edit on 21/9/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Park employee Julie Zanker, 36, said she walked outside on Thursday night and was amazed at what she saw

and (s)he will be amazed how many fools will visit his post of work for nothing..nice way to attract $$$

[edit on 21-9-2009 by heineken]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Have you ever been to this UFO hotspot? In fact have you ever even set foot in Australia? It seems a little odd to me that you can make such declarations without any proof whatsoever....

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by heineken

Have you ever been to this UFO hotspot? In fact have you ever even set foot in Australia? It seems a little odd to me that you can make such declarations without any proof whatsoever....

Unfortunately, that kind of post is all too typical of much of what passes for "informed comment" on ATS.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
There have been sighting, but I think the majority of it is false claims for media attention, to bring in more tourists.

But, one thing is a sure fact. Central Australia is a hot spot for sightings. I know many people who have no reason to lie to bring in tourists(they don't even work in a tourism related industry), who either live up those ways or have been up those ways, and seen 'things'.

It should also be noted that the military uses Central Australia extensively. Nuclear and missile testing was conducted out there too decades ago.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Yeah, there's some large open spaces out there. You could probably still set off a smallish nuke and only about 3 people would see it. And they would just think it was some kids playing with blasting charges.......big blasting charges.

You can see weird crap all throughout the Australian bush/desert. Wait till you see the min-min. That is some sight to behold. And the noise they make is astounding. Like a jet engine that builds into a mighty roar then stops abruptly.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The thing most people don't understand, or that is most underrated, is in fact just how large the outback is.
The ADF and various other government agencies could be doing absolutely anything out there, and we would not know about it.

You can drive for hundreds of kilometers, and not see another person, or come across a town or actually anything at all except the outback.

You can end up stranded somewhere, and would actually die out there because nobody will happen to come past for months and months. Temperatures during the day exceed 50 degrees celcius, and at night drop below 0. It's a very harsh environment. There's plenty of stories of tourists using GPS devices ending up lost. They were only found by "chance" by authorities..

Even if you get stranded just off a main highway, you would probably still die out there.

Unless your lucky enough to have a satellite phone with you and know your actual location.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Really.....

I honestly believe they can come up with a better 'tourist attraction' than UFOs flying about.

Honestly, that's absurd to even assume such a thing, build a hotel or something.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Hey i heard google will be changing their logo tomorrow, why don't you stop being sore and write a thread about it, nice try. It is not really absurd to use UFOs to get tourists, ever see the crap they have at roswell?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

I've been to Wycliffe Wells dude. It's in them middle of the desert. The land is perfectly flat. No trees, there are only a few buildings, which look dilapidated. There is no water, it has to be trucked in. It's the only town within a few hours drive.

It's quit amazing standing in the middle of the highway though. It's perfectly straight, with absolutely nothing in sight in all directions. All I can say is; thank god I went there in the winter where it was about 80F or 25c. The area is a MASSIVE contrast with the temperate south east coast and the rainforests of the north east.

If I wasn't dumb enough to delete all my pictures I could post them... maybe someone I know had saved hem though...

Here the only pic I have that's reasonably close. Within 100 kilometres loll.

[edit on 22/9/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Who ever said I was being sore?

I was just stating the obvious.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Build a hotel? In the middle of a desolate desert where as said, there is no water unless it is trucked in, the temperatures exceed 50C and drop below 0C, where there is absolutely NOTHING but an extremely harsh environment?

Very few tourists head out into the depths of the out back, and those that do do so for reasons such as UFO sightings or to climb Uluru.

Building a hotel would be a monumental waste of money and resources for whomever undertook such a ridiculous unfeasible project.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Good find O.P

This motivated me to use Google and find other stuff....

UFOs 'invade' Northern Territory town

Northern Territory News

June 27, 2008 09:58am

UFO
They're here ... residents of a small Northern Territory community say they were invaded by UFOs / File photo
RESIDENTS of a small Northern Territory community say they are reeling with shock after four UFOs descended on their outback homes.
Families say they spent hours in fear as what appeared to be spaceships hovered just metres above their houses, the Northern Territory News reports.

www.news.com.au...

And....a site dedicated to Northern Territory sightings...
www.ufoterritory.com.au...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Personally, I think it has to do with the elevated galactic consciousness of the Aboriginal people who have not been forced from their traditional ways.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

I do not get into the love and light stuff to much. I was just interested in finding out if this is really a hot spot or not. It is looking pretty legit so far.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

I wouldn't discount the Aborigines so easily in this circumstance. While I don't buy into the hocus pocus much either, they have a history passed down from generation to generation dating back millions of years into their so-called "Dreamtime". Many of their stories and images look and sound eerily familiar to modern day aliens and ufo's.

That and they have communities all around these UFO hotspots.

[edit on 22/9/2009 by Kryties]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join