It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists Most Hated Group In America

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It's really funny to read threads where Christians claim to be put upon and that they are under attack. It's so utterly stupid as they are the majority. A very interesting study out says that atheists are more hated than homosexuals, immigrants and muslims! Quite a shock.

Research Finds that Atheists are Most Hated and Distrusted Minority

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Christians hating? That cant be...

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Ignorance is bliss, it has been my experience that people from Europe and Asia are more educated then Americans. Such ignorance leads to distrust and hate exhibited by the American populace towards Atheists.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Oh really hate, I thought christians were all about love and peace! This is more documented evidence of religions causing hatred and anger. Their own actions prove what athiests have been saying all along.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The article quoted in the op doesnt match what is actually said in the study.

The Original Study is here and doesnt state anything about hatred.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Atheists are the most misuderstood group in America. Christians are frustrated because they can't pin down the athiest community with any sort of flawed belief system. Because atheism for the most part is not based on the belief that there is no God. It is based on man is not God and dieties are not Gods. The atheist community strives for scientific and historical evidence. Believe nothing, unless there is a substancial amount of evidence.

Monotheism is a metaphor for putting on your own shackles and giving away the key.

Faith is lack of research and evidence.

Denial, is clinging on to such a belief system, no matter what cost.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Creationists open their minds to all that is around them

because all that is around them was created

atheists close their minds to all that was created

as if evrything was created around them

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
It's really funny to read threads where Christians claim to be put upon and that they are under attack. It's so utterly stupid as they are the majority. A very interesting study out says that atheists are more hated than homosexuals, immigrants and muslims! Quite a shock.

Research Finds that Atheists are Most Hated and Distrusted Minority

I think I'm fast becoming a Satanist.

I wonder how that is less hated among Christians?

Oh well, hail our Dark Lord and Master, Lucifer

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Created by whom? God? And where did God come from? Who created God?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Created by whom? God? And where did God come from? Who created God?
always the same child like questions. never a touche' always a
cliche' seriously think about how childish that sounds.
where did it's Daddy come from Mommy ?
WHO KNOWS!!!!

[edit on 20-9-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

yes and never any real answers.

thank you for reaffirming.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Sounds on the surface to be yet another biased manufactored study meant to foster a sense of community via alienation *this time* in atheists. Now, as the most persecuted. Which doesn't exactly line up with my observations.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

God never wrote his autobiography pal. but i will be right back
with a little something for you to chew on. (see this post )

above top secret
take a few minutes for some truth before we carry on. not to much to ask.

game over

[edit on 20-9-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

No one said that it was only a study of who Christians "hate" [which the study doesn't say anyway, unless "disagree with view for country" equates to hate]. If this study was conducted only asking Christians, it would seem weird that "Conservative Christians" is one of the groups that people don't agree with the view for the country! Instead, this seems to be a study done with American opinion as a whole in mind.

Sadly, it is true that there are Christians that hate certain people. But it's not like they're the only ones going around hating. There are those in any group in America that hate someone.

reply topost by BaronVonGodzilla

I wonder how that [Satanism] is less hated among Christians?

Some Christians don't believe that Satanism exists. Beyond that, Satanists are a small group of people, so they couldn't really influence the direction of the nation and the chance of marrying one, if your a Christian, is very small.

What I find more interesting than the atheist thing is that 2% of people would disapprove if their child married a white person!

[edit on 9/20/2009 by octotom]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

The original study would not be allowed to use words like hate. It is very easy to extarpolate such things from the study however as the figures are still the same. Nit pick all you like but the only real reason anyone wouldn't want their children marrying an atheist is out of haatred, bigotry and ignorance.

The USa is roughly 85% christian (different figures abound) so it is safe to assume that 85% of the people surveyed were Christian. However my point in the OP was that Christians often come out saying they are under attack and that atheists are doing the attacking. When you look at it however it is atheists who are thought of badly within society.

The fact that few people would be happy for their child to marry an atheist shows hatred and distrust.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Glad you see the connection between geometry and it's relationship to life.

But it still fails to show any origin or any evidence that it was programmed by a diety.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I don't hate atheist at all, I never give them a second thought.

Unless they bash Christians on forums, then I speak up.

But not in a hateful way.

My husband is not spiritual, and I am just the opposite, we get along just fine.

[edit on 113030p://bSunday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Well considering the best marriages are often a meeting of people with a like or at least complentary mind....... I don't think hatred, bigotry and ignorance are the only possible reasons.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

What do you consider bashing? Is criticising a point and refuting it with peer reviewed research bashing? Because that is something that often occurs on these forums. Maybe this is slightly off topic though.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

If you believe reality was "programmed" as in a simulation wouldn't that denote a programmer? Which could be construed as a "God".

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join