It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama:Legalize illegals to get them health care

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

There are legal channels for anyone to become a legal citizen in this country. People do it everyday. My neighbor teaches English as a second language to these people from all around the world

There are legal that's right, but have you ever try to dig into what exactly are those channels? what are the requirements?

The process takes time and actual effort plus a true desire to assimilate into our culture. That is what my Eastern European ancestors did in the late 1800's.

Takes time and money those jumpers don't have, or they wouldn't come here in the first place.

The illegal border jumpers don't want to be bothered by the system and have no desire in becoming citizens. They get everything they need from the govt. anyway so, why bother? For them is easy just to keep their status illegal. Our swiss cheese system ensures that. Unless someone lays down the law and enforces the law nothing will change.

They do have the desire, they can't, that is a different situation.

Those ILLEGAL BORDER JUMPERS as you call them, some times don't even speak spanish because of the remote areas where they come fron, and you're expenting they will speak English

[edit on 18-9-2009 by spaniar]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Bingo! You hit the nail on the head.

That is why I said *technically*, Obama wasn't lying in his speech, there will be no such thing as an illegal by the time all is said and done.

We all float down here..

link   

Originally posted by wylekat
I smell burning pants....

You should. The OP is a lie. Here's what Obama said:

"If anything, this debate underscores the necessity of passing comprehensive immigration reform and resolving the issue of 12 million undocumented people living and working in this country once and for all."

And if anyone bothered to read the source, they would have known that. But we can't be bothered with facts, now, can we?

link   
Obamas lack of leadership is even worse than many had speculated during the campaign. Just days after graciously accepting an apology for an appearent lie, he reveals his true intention all along. Obama shows a continued pattern of using misleading rhetoric and has now gone even further by allowing somebody who called him on it to be publically admonished.

HC reform is not the place to legislate laws regarding immigration.
What he has done is further gridlock the HC debate and reinforce the opinion that he has no clue what he is doing.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by spaniar

They have plenty of time and if they wanted it bad enough they would save their money. No excuses when there is plenty of work and housing in Mexico.

As of 2007 the application fee was $330. If someone saves up the money and wants it bad enough they will do it.

No more excuses.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

"If anything, this debate underscores the necessity of passing comprehensive immigration reform and resolving the issue of 12 million undocumented people living and working in this country once and for all."

And if anyone bothered to read the source, they would have known that. But we can't be bothered with facts, now, can we?

OMG what are you doing? Facts? You mean like one where Illegals are already covered for health care? Paid for by our taxes?

Don't say that, you might just get someone to actually think for themselves and in this day we just can't allow that.

Twice on just this short thread, the truth has been stated, and those crying wolf ignore the facts. I guess it helps them feel better for some reason.

(warning, this post is full of sarcasm)

Harm None
Peace

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by spaniar

They have plenty of time and if they wanted it bad enough they would save their money. No excuses when there is plenty of work and housing in Mexico.

As of 2007 the application fee was $330. If someone saves up the money and wants it bad enough they will do it.

No more excuses.

So you think that with just paying $330 will get them a visa? you are so wrong, if they don't prove they have over 2,000 dollar in the bank, they own a property and have prefessional education, they don't get the visa. Now, Do you think that someone with all that money, properties and education will want to come here to suffer?

You will have to be in the shoes of someone living in poverty, with no education, no job, kids to feed and with out a place to sleep, I bet you will do whatever it takes to or go where ever you have to to feed your family..

[edit on 18-9-2009 by spaniar]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
So he won't give 40 million Americans healthcare but he will give illegal immigrants healthcare? What a dummy.

You completely misunderstood that. He is giving the health care to Americans not Illegal immigrants

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Obama is just BUYING VOTES FOR DEMOCRATS. With everyone's tax money.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by spaniar

Maybe they should try to take their own country back. Before they come to take America.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by spaniar
reply to post by OLD HIPPIE DUDE

If that happens, then they won't get away with out paying insurance and emergency rooms right? Wasn't that what so many people complaint about?

They will have to get insurance like everybody else and pay bills after been seeing in and Emergency Room. Its better than have them use lots of programs with out paying a cent.

Ah, yes they will have to get insurance, but you also have to remember that he said the Govt. would subsidise the low income people. So, no they will not have to pay.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Iseekthetruth!!!!!!!!

Just so you know, a big percent of these illegal immigrants do pay insurace if they work for a company with a fake SS,. and the other percent not.

If they get legalize probably not all of them will be low income.

So leaving these immigrants in the shadows will solve anything?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

And true to Obama's modus operandi, he will take the opportunity of 'this debate' (uh...what debate, Obama?) to try to fasttrack another piece of legislation that he can ram down our throats before anyone has a chance to read it.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
These immigrants aren't illegal, Most of them are Latin Americans, who have been on the Western Landmass for thousands of years longer than Asians and Europeans and Africans. What hell right do we even have in calling them illegal immigrants?

They were the original settlers before the white man forced the idea of the artificial border onto them.

Besides it's convenient for greasy molesters and toadish slave masters to call people illegal immigrants so it's easier to threaten to out them as illegal immigrants and have them sent back to their native countries by immigration police if they blab on them.

Illegality is an racket.

With that line of thinking in mind. Would it bother you if 10 or 12 illegal aliens camped out in your front yard? Being that borders are artifical and all. Your property boundaries count for nothing.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by serph

and the problem with legalizing illegals is? Am I missing something?

Well for starters there are millions of reasons. They are known as unemployed Americans.

There are many other reasons.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Well it looks to me like none of you are able to see, or you're all just blind.
Of course they will all be given citizenship. They don't want anyone
falling threw the cracks when they start dolling out their life
saving vaccines. hello.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I don't get it BH. That quote seems to lend itself to amnesty. Look up "necessity","comprehensive" and "resolving" in the dictionary.Place those definitions in context with Obama's quote. Just a pleasant way of stating amnesty for all.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I have an idea make the illegals legal and charge them back taxes for the years they lived here illegally.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by celticdragon23

I have an idea make the illegals legal and charge them back taxes for the years they lived here illegally

and how many years is that partner?

[edit on 18-9-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

All of them.
Unless they can prove otherwise.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join