It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama:Legalize illegals to get them health care

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
The president doesn't need to say a lot, that is the problem, when he does, someone will always put spin on it, either in context or out, whichever suits the political objectives.

Exactly. No matter what he says, people spit it. (
I meant "spin") The only way to know what he's saying is to listen to what he SAYS.

The current incarnation of health care reform, while the language prohibits the coverage of illegals, the enforcement mechanisms have been specifically removed, meaning that they (illegals) can indeed exploit the health care system illegally without fear of any "enforcement"

In all the incarnations of the bill, I have never read a one that had anything about enforcement in it. Do you happen to have a link to this? I believe you are mistaken.

There have been fights over the enforcement issue and there will be more as this heats up, in the end there hopefully will be a version that fits within the boundaries of the constitution and satisfies the people.

I am well aware of this battle and I too, hope the final version satisfies the people.

Health care reform and immigration issues need to be kept separate, mixing these poisons will prove fatal for a lot of politicians.

I agree. There was never anything in the bill about immigration. It just defined "eligible persons" as those who are "legally present in the US". That's what started all this.

The Congressional Republicans started complaining and publicly spreading the rumor that this bill would cover illegal immigrants. They brought immigration into it, saying that it did nothing to prevent illegal immigrants from receiving health care.

Then when they were proven wrong, they started arguing that there was no enforcement in the bill to keep illegal immigrants from receiving funds. So, now Congress is working on getting a bill to satisfy them. Little do they know that the Congressional Republicans will NEVER be satisfied with a bill for health care reform because Big Pharma is stuffing their pockets to stop the bill altogether.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

The current incarnation of health care reform, while the language prohibits the coverage of illegals, the enforcement mechanisms have been specifically removed, meaning that they (illegals) can indeed exploit the health care system illegally without fear of any "enforcement"

In all the incarnations of the bill, I have never read a one that had anything about enforcement in it. Do you happen to have a link to this? I believe you are mistaken.

Asked...

There have been fights over the enforcement issue and there will be more as this heats up, in the end there hopefully will be a version that fits within the boundaries of the constitution and satisfies the people.

I am well aware of this battle and I too, hope the final version satisfies the people.

Answered!

If you are aware of the battle over the enforcement issue within health care reform then you should already know everything you need to. If not let google show you the way.

The enforcement mechanisms were removed to appease the Latino constituency and lobbyists... It has been and will be a major point of contention between the right and left in power.

In the end all most Americans are looking for is some kind of clear assurance that their tax dollars and contributions to any health care reform are not going to be abused by those who are in this country illegally. But still there are some in Washington who try to find ways around that.

Personally I think it is selfish to have the most desirable health care system in the world, and yet put up so many barriers to it... But the will of the majority of American people should prevail.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

The enforcement mechanisms were removed to appease the Latino constituency and lobbyists...

You say this as if it's fact, though I've never heard or read this anywhere else and I CANNOT find any support of this claim using the Google. If you don't have any kind of source to back it up, I'm afraid I can't believe it just because you say it. If you look it up, you will find that you are mistaken.

I will continue to believe that there was never any enforcement language in the bill (hence none removed). Republicans are trying to get enforcement language added.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Trying to get it back in!

It is all a play on words at this point and is rather pointless without the finished product no?

We'll have to agree to disagree at this point.

Soon enough it will all be made abundantly clear, especially when many on the right are planning on using this very issue in the upcoming elections.

Please, join me here and we can revisit this again then, with much more clarity.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

Lets say we shut down the border.
What then?
What about the 12 million that are already here?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Good!..i hope Obama Does this...

EVERYBODY should have health care!!!..(specially hard working people)

..Obama i support you on this..

[edit on 19-9-2009 by Next_Heap_With]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

It is all a play on words at this point and is rather pointless without the finished product no?

Look, you said they removed the enforcement language (which never happened) and now you just want to sweep it under the rug and let's just wait for the final product.

What's important here is that the pundits convinced you (and many others) that there WAS enforcement language in the bill and it was removed, and now they're just trying to get it put back in. That never happened. The truth is that they made a big deal about immigrants even though the original bill excluded immigrants by stating that only those "lawfully present" would be eligible. They lied to you and then Joe Wilson screamed out that Obama lied (which he didn't) and now Obama is trying to appease these idiots by ADDING enforcement language. But they'll only oppose some other manufactured problem like "death panels" or some crap they make up.

This is all about the fact that the Republicans in Congress would rather see the country fail than see Obama succeed with health care reform. And they're going to do everything in their power to make that happen.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Guys...please.

What the hell are we supposed to do? DEPORT over 10 MILLION illegals all at once?

Of course not...we'd all have a PLACE IN HELL if we did that. Do we really want another trail of tears?

Secure the Freaking border FIRST. Unfortunately amnesty has to be done....but the borders need secured first!

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
geee, who would want to immigrate to America anyways ?? Run....!

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Just remember that there are several bills being considered, not only HR3200. And those include Sen. Max Baucus' proposal, which states:

Sen. Baucus' markup includes eligibility requirements for individuals who meet income criteria to receive affordability credits that can be used to purchase health insurance on a health care exchange. The proposal excludes illegal aliens from receiving affordability credits and provides a requirement for states to verifiy citizenship eligibility.

Name, social security number, and date of birth will be verified with Social Security Administration (SSA) data. For individuals claiming to be U.S. citizens, if the claim of citizenship is consistent with SSA data then the claim will be considered substantiated. For individuals who do not claim to be U.S. citizens but claim to be lawfully present in the United States, if the claim of lawful presence is consistent with Department of Homeland Security (DHS) data then the claim will be considered substantiated.

www.numbersusa.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by spaniar

If that happens, then they won't get away with out paying insurance and emergency rooms right?

Wrong!

Both HR 3200 and the Baucus bill provide for "subsidies" (i.e., our money) for people below a certain income level to get insurance that everyone else has to pay for. The subsidy will be funded, in part, by taxes on insurance policies (i.e., higher premiums) that provide the best coverage/benefits.

So, not only will they NOT pay for ER and insurance, YOU WILL!

How's that for "reform"?

jw

ok.........

SIGH.........

Illegals, are already covered under other programs funded by our taxes.

What is wrong with you people? Get a grip, step a little into reality and look around.

It does not matter if this bill has provisions to allow illegals to OMG BUY insurance like the rest of us(which it does NOT). Do you really think they would do that when they already have FREE coverage through other programs paid for by our taxes?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join