It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. worried about Iran "running out clock": Gates

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Yes but you're condemning Israel for doing something they haven't done yet. Then on the other hand Iran reveals another Nuclear site and practically brags they are in development. Then antagonizes Israel at the UN making statements about the holocaust.

It seems to me there is a double standard. Where Israel is getting convicted for something that hasn't happened and Iran is getting a reprieve for something they have done.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Yes but you're condemning Israel for doing something they haven't done yet. Then on the other hand Iran reveals another Nuclear site and practically brags they are in development. Then antagonizes Israel at the UN making statements about the holocaust.

Are you stating that Iran did something bad for revealing its nuclear site? You sound like Obama

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by dooper

LOL you are talking about one of the oldest civilizations on earth
If you think it is that easy then reality here I come. The world is more complex today, and an old warfare tactic won't work. Yeah you can do it your way, here is the problem, what if the Russian don't like your way? OHH maybe the Chinese, or maybe the whole Muslim population. The easiest way to win a war is complete reboot. If you know what that means then welcome back to reality.

If the Russians don't like then they should do something about it, so should the Chinese. One of Russia or China should be pressuring Iran into not breaking the NNPT they singed. Not allowing UN sanctions is not helping te situation overall. At some point Isreal will no longer sit back and as much as some people want o believe they would not do well by attacking Iran,History shows us Ireal is resilient at he very least and they have the fire power to do some real damage in the middle east.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

Have you ever thought that maybe Iran is not breaking the NNPT?

[edit on 27-9-2009 by oozyism]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

No.

I'm pointing out the obvious.

I'm actually [ I know it's hard to believe] Impartial. I'm not an Israel fanboy those who know me know that's a fact. I'm just looking at the whole mess over the past 30 or 40 years.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer I had Slavic relatives that were caught up in the holocaust it doesn't antagonize me for anyone to question the holocaust because a lot of myths have been manufactured regarding it.

What does bother me is that translations get twisted and misrepresented as a justification for war.

We do know Israel has refused IAED Inspectors too, and that Israel definitely has illegally developed Nuclear Weapons.

So lets not pretend Israel isn't guilty of things or has a moral high ground.

Let's understand that the intelligence in Iraq was deliberately faulty.

Lets understand that Iran is admitting to developing a nuclear energy program and Iran is cooperating with inspectors just like the Iraqis did and because the Inspectors can't find what they want, the insist that what they want what shouldn't be there is being hidden from them.

That wasn't the case in Iraq and when you cry wolf slayer...

Ultimately a lot of innocent men women and children are going to die, oil is going to skyrocket and every other related product from groceries to plastics that uses oil.

It's probably going to collapse the world economy and we are going to do this because Israel is offended about statements made about the Holocaust when a fair portion of the statements Israel has made about the Holocaust were proven to be hoaxes, like soap made out of human fat, and lamps made out of human skin, all inventions of Simon Weisthenthall.

I call it like I see it, I believe Israel is the real danger, it is the real destabilizing force in the region, it's the one always insisting on these insane wars for their security and the reality is not only was most of the land Israel on stolen from its rightful owners but most Jews and even a large percentage of Israelis don't want to live in Israel.

So what is all this madness about? Hurt feelings and a few million people if that insisting they have the right to turn the world upside down over the fact that they chose to die cowardly deaths in a war and turn it into some heroic thing by fabrication that a ten times more people died heroic deaths in?

Come one, since when do the needs of the few out weigh the needs of the many, when it isn't even a need but just a want.

I don't feel compelled to pretend this madness is not madness for the sake of political correctness.

Iran isn't going to hit the U.S. with a Nuclear Weapon it doesn't even possess yet and may never.

Your whole argument is flawed which is very unusual for you Slayer.

The United States of America was founded on separation of church and state, and I don't want to kill anyone because they are Muslims and I don't want to have to protect anyone because they are Jews.

Read the CIA declassified documents under the Freedom of Information act at CIA.org at their online Library.

Start the year the Agency was founded, and then you tell me is Israel a friend or are we keeping our enemies closer than our friends?

Or has our Government been corrupted at its core.

The needs of the few do not outweigh the needs of the many, not in any well led world, and our world...definitely not well led...

If America has to commit itself to bring Iran in line, then we need to bring Israel in line too, same inspection process, no nuclear weapons.

If we have a terrorist problem it's because of the double standards.

Frankly I think our terrorist problem is entirely Israeli in nature or is entirely caused by our hypocritical foreign policy that favors Israel and absolves them from the same standards they often insist we impose on every one else.

I am an American not an Israeli and I say this is all one big fat manipulation and lie that just gets a lot of people killed, costs a lot of money and makes us look like stooges and retards to the rest of the world.

It needs to stop.

[edit on 27/9/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Have you ever thought that maybe Iran is not breaking the NNPT?

Yes I did think that may be possible but I just cannot believe it.

I guess the fact that the last 3 or 4 countries that were supposedly developing nuclear power for peaceful purposes have jaded my trust just a little since they now have WMDs' How they got he tech in the first place make no diff at this point it is the fact they are most likely to sell(to islamic jihadists)/use it against the rival(in their minds) Christian Captalist Pigs that we are.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   

I was referring to the "Attack" on Iran that they haven't done yet. Right now the UN/West was focused on Iran. The UN also has brought up Israel recently lets focus on one potential disaster at a time.

If it was up to me neither would have them....

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Can we be more specific, which countries. Sorry if that is a burden, but I want to know. And I want to know the similarities and differences of those countries in relation to Iran.

You can't just say because they did it, Iran will do it.

Iran have subjectivity on their side, unless evidence is brought no one has the right to do anything about it. They have the right to create peaceful nuclear plants.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Can we be more specific, which countries. Sorry if that is a burden, but I want to know. And I want to know the similarities and differences of those countries in relation to Iran.

You can't just say because they did it, Iran will do it.

Iran have subjectivity on their side, unless evidence is brought no one has the right to do anything about it. They have the right to create peaceful nuclear plants.

Can you sit there with a straight face and say you honestly believe they wont develop nuclear weapons?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

I just did, I swear. I don't believe a liar, maybe that is a habit. Does it make sense?

Do you believe in liars?

I believe Iran more than the West, that is the truth.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Well I'm not sure if you're more pro Iran or just simply Anti-US/Israel.

Either way those are your words and you'll have to live with them.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

Well I'm not sure if you're more pro Iran or just simply Anti-US/Israel.

Either way those are your words and you'll have to live with them.

We had this discussion in U2U before remember? If I was to be a lawyer for a killer it doesn't make me pro killer. My job is to prove somehow the killer is innocent. If there was no lawyers for killers then you can label anyone as a killer and punish them.

The point is that the West has more bullsh1t written in their record than Iran. And yes I know Iran could be lying. And that is why I stated that my disbelief in liars could be a habit. That is just me in real life.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   

The point is that the West has more bullsh1t written in their record than Iran. And yes I know Iran could be lying.

OK fair enough. Let's look at Israel...

They are a pretty paranoid group. Do you think it's wise of Iran to be rattling their cage? I mean I honestly think nobody would have had an issue with Iran obtaining nukes if they didn't have such a perverse obsession with Israel.

But that's just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Let's look at Israel...

They are a pretty paranoid group. Do you think it's wise of Iran to be rattling their cage? I mean I honestly think nobody would have had an issue with Iran obtaining nukes if they didn't have such a perverse obsession with Israel.

But that's just my opinion.

Obsession, umm great choice of word. I think it has much to do with the Palestinian issue. Iran feels that the Palestinians are treated like garbage, and they are voicing their opposition. For example look at Gaza, Democracy came to Gaza and now because Gazans chose Hamas they are being punished. Some call it war crime, some don't. Iran is one of those countries which does.

I think you are trying to lead me to the Holocaust issue here, and I think that is why you used the word obsession. I could be wrong, but just in case:

Holocaust is used to justify the treatment of Palestinians.

Why does Israel keep violating International laws and get away with it? That is the point Ahmadinajad is making, you don't have to be a genius to understand that.

The thing about Iran you have to remember is the fact that it is an Islamic nation. They have a habit of not lying, they believe lying is the root of almost all evil. Well I believe that too. It is in one of the Hadiths, that is why Iran is being honest about Israel even though knowing the threat.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   

I think you are trying to lead me to the Holocaust issue here, and I think that is why you used the word obsession. I could be wrong, but just in case:

Yeah you're wrong...

I was referring to the very real fact that there is another Muslim country who have nukes and is a lot more unstable than Iran and they have religious fanatics within their borders and they already have the means in which to strike Israel and yet Israel has no issues with them.

Pakistan

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

lucky me ^^

Pakistan is influenced by America, America loves Israel. You do the math.

Pakistan Situation

Smoke break be back...

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

The group has threatened to unleash bigger attacks on government targets to avenge the killing of Baitullah Mehsud, their leader, in a US drone attack.

Pakistan has officially condemned US drone attacks, saying they violate the country's sovereignty.

Yeah ok...

I don't know what point you think you made but Pakistan and ISRAEL have no issues.

The US and Pakistan on the other hand are in a love hate relationship.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

I was referring to the "Attack" on Iran that they haven't done yet. Right now the UN/West was focused on Iran. The UN also has brought up Israel recently lets focus on one potential disaster at a time.

If it was up to me neither would have them....

As an American I say screw the UN and the rest of the West and I say lets focus on our real problem both domestically and abroad and that sure isn't Iran.

It's time to put Israel and AIPAC in it's place get the heck out of the Middle East and concentrate on restoring the Constitution.

Israel is not going to do that for us, attacking Iran is not going to do that for us, and AIPAC sure as the day is long is not going to do that for us.

I am not a member of the United Nations I am a sovereign citizen of the United States. I am not an Israeli, I am a citizen of the United States. I am not religious and have no desire to settle the arguments between the religious.

Its time to cut aide to Israel kick all the corporate lobbyist interest out of Washington let Iran do what ever they want because no Iranian calls me Daddy and do something about what happened in Pittsburgh these past few days, take control of our government back and stop being subverted lackeys to foreign and international powers and corporations and governments.

You go right ahead down that Garden Path Slayer.

I though am going to be an American, a soveriegn American of the United States and focus on the Constitution and our founding principals and speak up and act out against every thing unconstitutional and every thing against our founding principals.

I highly suggest every one do the same and stop listening to the Israelis and the Officials of our Corrupt Corporate unconstitutional Government.

War was declared on the U.S. People right here in Pittsburgh Slayer by our own Government.

It's time for Americans to be Americans.

It's time for people who aren't and don't uphold the Constitution to know the consequences of that.

It's time for foreign agents and spies to be rooted out and kicked out.

It's time to stop being sheep.

It's time to stop being led to slaughter.

In short Slayer, it's time to Rock and Rollllll

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

The group has threatened to unleash bigger attacks on government targets to avenge the killing of Baitullah Mehsud, their leader, in a US drone attack.

Pakistan has officially condemned US drone attacks, saying they violate the country's sovereignty.

Yeah ok...

I don't know what point you think you made but Pakistan and ISRAEL have no issues.

The US and Pakistan on the other hand are in a love hate relationship.

And Pakistan started a war against its own people because? I'm saying every policy Pakistan has implemented is parallel to the US. Condemning the US drone attack is simply to keep the population happy. We all know that Pakistanis believe the biggest threat to Pakistan is the US.

A poll commissioned by the news network Al Jazeera in Pakistan has concluded that a majority of Pakistanis believe that Pakistan's largest military aid donor, the United States, is the "biggest" threat to the country today.

en.wikinews.org...

Iran in the other hand is not influenced by major powers, meaning they are independent. That is why Ahmadinajad stated that the Western world is still living in the Colonial ages.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join