It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. worried about Iran "running out clock": Gates

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Iran should not under any circumstances obtain nuclear capabilities and if you think they are not interested in a weaponizing the nuclear material they have you are being quiet naive. case in point is North Korea, sure they have not attacked any yet but they will more than likely at some point.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

You do realize that Iran is being played right?

The Russians love the fact that there are sanctions against Iran. Why does this have any barring on the US? OIL. The Russians would love nothing more than to tie up Europe with them relying on Russia for oil. Iran can't sell their oil with the sanctions in place.

So Russia gets a captured customer [Europe] and Iran is locked out. Of course Iran is going to be mad at the US and try to cause trouble with Israel.
Russia sells Iran weapon$ and $ells oil to Europe.

That's the only reason they want the situation to stay the same. Not becuase they are great allies of Iran.

Yeah I can poll 2600 Americans who still love Bush and another 2600 who think the Earth is flat.

I find many polls highly dubious.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I do realize that Iran knows Iran is getting played. If you know that then don't you think the Iranians know it?

Have you studied statistics? They regard it as science, although it is not absolute it still shows a reliable picture.

97% of the total population were Muslims

en.wikipedia.org...

Muslims hate American policies, does that give you a hint why they believe America is the biggest threat? Why do you think Pakistan is fighting its own people? You are either with us, or against us.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by oozyism]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

The Problems with Statistics

Look at the map...

Russia would not try to defend Iran. That would mean they would have to cut through Central Asia, the Chinese and the US would not allow them to cut off that new oil reserves. China is desperate for that oil. If there was a regime change in Iran the sanctions would come off and they can sell their oil to Europe. If they back off and comply the Sanctions come off and they can sell their oil to Europe.

Either way Russia looses out if the Iranian situation changes. That's why they are trying to HOLD Iran as they are.

You want truth there it is. Why are we in Afghanistan again?

[edit on 27-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Once again you are insulting the Iranian intelligence. Can you not see the change in the world politics? Iran is just trying to survive long enough for more countries to join the opposition against the monopoly.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Monopoly by whom?

The US?

The Chinese?

The Russians?

All of the above?

Then the name of this game is cooperation.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Russia may face wars over energy: Kremlin

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia may face wars on its borders in the near future over control of energy resources, a Kremlin document on security policy said Wednesday.

The Kremlin has watched with displeasure as the European Union, the United States and China seek to challenge its dominance over energy supplies from the former Soviet Union.

The paper did not name potential adversaries, but Russia, the world's biggest energy producer, shares a border of more than 3,600 km (2,250 miles) with resource-hungry China and a small sea border with the United States.

"In a competition for resources, problems that involve the use of military force cannot be excluded that would destroy the balance of forces close to the borders of the Russian Federation and her allies," said the document, which maps out Russia's security strategy until 2020.

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Monopoly by the old super powers who can't accept the fact that new ones have arisen. They still live in the colonial ages thinking their policies can be implemented all across the globe, if opposed then retaliation in different means.

If retaliation be sanction, or coup, or gang rape hence Afghanistan.

That is the way I see the situation, oil is only part of it. Why is there still sanctions against Cuba? It is the colonial attitude which has been passed on politically. Today it is in a mask, just like slavery and racism. No one claims they are racist, no one claims they are colonialists but the fact of the matter is that it is there.

I'm planning to create an in depth thread to shed some light on the new terminology used by world powers to delude the already delusional masses. There is arrogance and then there is ignorance. I don't like either one.

But, above all, while Washington observed the European maneuver, Tehran was negotiating another important alliance. Early 2004, Iran sold 20 billion dollars of liquified gas to China. On October 28, the Iranian Oil Minister Bijan Namdar Zanganeh, held an interview in Beijing with Cheng Geng, president of the National Oil Company of China. They both signed an agreement that authorized Sinopec Corporation to exploit the Iranian oilfield of Yadavaran. The Chinese could extract 10 million tons of natural gas annually for a period of 25 years. The said contract is valued roughly at 700 billion dollars.

More and more opposition is coming, from south America to Africa to asia...

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Monopoly by the old super powers who can't accept the fact that new ones have arisen. They still live in the colonial ages thinking their policies can be implemented all across the globe, if opposed then retaliation in different means.

Those old and new world powers are already cooperating. Simply becuase there are new world powers on stage doesn't mean the old ones will simply go away. The Soviet Union collapsed but Russia is still here. Gone are the days of an Empire falling and then shriveling up.

Colonialism/Homogeneity

Yeah there is one problem. This doesn't stop people from buying their favorite movies or music or liking the clothing styles etc.

There is a lot more to it than just throwing off the yoke of a old "Colonial rule" Yeah do they like that software or OS?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
The old ones won't go away but they won't allow the new ones to rise, or at least make it hard for them. If everyone was rich then what is the point of being rich, or if more get rich then I might get poor. Which one do you suppose is true?

I will look forward to your reply maybe tomorrow.

Still learning a lot from you. At least a decent discussion

[edit on 27-9-2009 by oozyism]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Well said ProtoplasmicTraveler
The hypocriscy about Iran having the ability to create nuclear weapons truly makes my blood boil. Are the American and British governments really going to drag us into yet another war based on lies and deceit. If so, then they are not just corrupt, but truly insane.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Don't be so quick to discount the "old" ways of warfare.

I assure you that since time began, the moment you destroy your enemy or destroy his capability to wage war on you, the threat is gone.

The trick is to hit so hard, right up front, that they will never, ever, want to cause you any trouble again.

This principle has worked flawlessly since 1479 BC.

For you recently enlightened intelligensia, I'll clue you in. Simple works. Simple rarely gets miscommunicated, misunderstood. Simple rarely breaks

Simple problem?

Simple solution.

Works every time.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
We've all seen this trick pulled over our eyes before. Spontaneous Gov't funding anybody?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968

Originally posted by dooper

((snip))

You give them a time limit.

There's the only clock that matters.

This crap about running out a clock . . . what a bunch of idiots!

Then put up, or shut up.

It is sad but I agree with your idea. Iran now has shown they are hiding their agenda. They 'have a second site that was not disclosed as per the NNpt but now it's ok to come in and have a look around? it is time to deal with Iran before it is too late. We cannot force Nuclear Nations to disarm because of the threat they pose because they are Nuclear but if we can prevent another country in an unstable part of the world from acquiring Nukes then it has to be done

It's none of our business of another nation peruses nuclear energy. The US is allowed govt secrets, Iran isn't? they are under constant threat of attack, it only makes sense for them to have a secret untouchable nuke facility.

I hope Iran gets a fat ugly wicked nuke.. that will end all talk of war, and urinate of the DC mafias burning desire (secret agenda) of Iranian govt overthrow (Operation Ajax part II).

This is all just deadly silly political drama, going to war for something Iran might do one day maybe?.. that's just stupid. If I saw your dog eat a grip of Alpo, can I launch a preemptive strike, reducing your block to pablum, to prevent him from maybe floating a doo-doo loaf on my lawn?

The US govt hides agendas, lies, kidnaps, assassinates, tortures, over throws govts, starts wars of aggression.. we are responsible for the needless suffering & death of millions.. our morally bereft so called leaders have ZERO business telling anyone how to behave. Compared to the death dealing war mongers in DC.. Iran is a peaceful sweetheart.

We ignored the UN (re: Iraq), and now are threatening to attack Iran for ignoring the UN? lmao brilliant.

BTW I would really like to see Russia, China and an international coalition of the willing go to DEFCON drama whatever, call up reserves, forward deploy nuke assets and all that.. and tell the DC mafia they have exactly 30 days to stand down and withdraw from Iraq and Afghanistan.. or our mid east forces will face swift extermination from tactical nukes.

Any US attempt to re-enforce will be considered an immediate act of war.. and to our allies UK, France, Israel et al.. you are either with "us", or "them", any move to defend US troops will result in "put up or shut up" attack.

If the US balks, on day 31 the missiles fly.

They can all argue it's necessary for "peace", and it is in their "national interests".. a necessary action to stop aggressive wars of choice by a power drunk bankrupt empire in its last throes.

Sure the American people would get all huffy and spew patriotic badass bravado.. nobody likes being told what to do by a gang of hypocrite liars.. just like the Iranian people dont, or the Iraqis and Afghans who have served up 73,000 U.S. troops killed and 1.6 million "disabled" by Persian Gulf wars.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

You can only hold one thought at a time, huh?

Aside from crimes, I'd say that the bulk of violent incidents that occur around the world, if you get right down to it, there's a Muslim involved.

Now I know Muslims are required by both their moon-god Allah and their pseudo prophet to kill non-Muslims, and I know that they are required to jihad, and I know that they are all supposedly wanting to reach the pinnacle of Islam - by becoming a martyr.

I know all this.

I don't want these crazy SOB's getting nukes.

So it would be an act of good faith to help these power hungry Persians attain martyrdom and reach their moon-god in the greatest possible numbers, as efficiently as possible.

I mean, let's help these people.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

Don't be so quick to discount the "old" ways of warfare.

I assure you that since time began, the moment you destroy your enemy or destroy his capability to wage war on you, the threat is gone.

The trick is to hit so hard, right up front, that they will never, ever, want to cause you any trouble again.

This principle has worked flawlessly since 1479 BC.

For you recently enlightened intelligensia, I'll clue you in. Simple works. Simple rarely gets miscommunicated, misunderstood. Simple rarely breaks

Simple problem?

Simple solution.

Works every time.

Today the enemy is different than the old one, the enemy is not materialistic therefore they don't need the capability to wage war. Worse than that is the fact that it is almost impossible to find the enemy. They don't wear uniforms because they are simply civilians taking up arms.

How can it be possible? How can you defeat an enemy you can't see? The only thing they know about the enemy is the fact that they are Muslims, not from one country but from all across the world. That is why I proposed a simple reboot.

Destroy all Muslim population is the only solution, and that solution can only bring bigger problems because no one will agree with it. Unless the whole world unites in the genocide of Muslims the possibility remains bleak.

Propaganda is the new tactic which has been successfull, for example in Iraq Al-Qaeda have been demeened through the orchestrated civil war. I think they will try the same in Afghanistan, that is why they brought the American general who orchestrated the civil war, to Afghanistan. Will it work? I don't know, because Afghanistan is very, very different than Iraq. Iraqis are mostly nationalists, that is one of the major differences, but only time will tell.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

reply to post by GovtFlu

You can only hold one thought at a time, huh?

Aside from crimes, I'd say that the bulk of violent incidents that occur around the world, if you get right down to it, there's a Muslim involved.

Wherever there is a violent incident around the world there is a ignorant racist bigot too.

Stop bringing religion into it. If you do this one more time I will report you and ask for you to be removed off this site. It is highly insulting and disgusting.

Now I know Muslims are required by both their moon-god Allah and their pseudo prophet to kill non-Muslims, and I know that they are required to jihad, and I know that they are all supposedly wanting to reach the pinnacle of Islam - by becoming a martyr.

I know all this.

"You don't know all this" The god Allah is the same god as the Christian god. Where does it say that God wants to kill all non muslims?

Where?

I'm waiting for your proof for your claims.

I don't want these crazy SOB's getting nukes.

So it would be an act of good faith to help these power hungry Persians attain martyrdom and reach their moon-god in the greatest possible numbers, as efficiently as possible.

I mean, let's help these people.

War isn't helping.

I mean, if you want to go to war.

As said it before, get off your ass and go fight. Stop the talking and more of the action. Why do you consistingly bitch on war threads. Isn't it a bit wimpy?

Men don't bitch about wars. But you do.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join