It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI unit set for more anti-terror raids in Queens; Fears of Madrid-style subway bombings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Wow. You believe the official story on this? What makes you think that the FBI isn't making this up like that other case where people temporarily celebrated- but the plot turned out to be a hoax.

You're way too trusting of the FBI.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Please go read about the FBI before posting ignorant comments.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by Frankidealist35

Who's going to investigate things like this then? A local law enforcement agency can't operate outside its jurisdiction. Here's what they do. Or should we just not have threats investigated?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 9/16/2009 by yeahright]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
www.nbcnewyork.com...

they raided his house now apparently...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The Madrid bombing wasn't in the subway system it was a bombing of an above ground train.This makes me think the author is just writing these things because he/she was told to.For what reasons?HUH. The bombing site is less than 2 blocks from my restaurant and when I first started going for walks in el barrio I would see a lot of flowers on the wall at this spot so i asked my wife and she said that was the spot where the bombing occurred. Coincidentally at the Retiro (The Spanish central park) which is a few blocks away from this point there is a statue of the fallen angel Lucifer and it is thought in some circles that this is the reason why the spot was chosen.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread warrenb; I find this very disturbing news.

Notice how they single out the very exotic sounding Muslim names in this.......... I doubt it was a coincidence these particular names were given.

S&F

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

What makes you think that there is any evidence that these people are criminals? How do you know the FBI isn't targeting just people based on religion here?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I'm ashamed to say this but I did some work training the FBI hostage
rescue team, that was over 15 years ago so I hope these aren't the
same people. These guys seem totally incompetent!
What a ridiculous piece of vague fear mongering this article is, sure is
alot of verbiage to tell us that our tax dollars are being wasted
like this. you gotta love all the "dirt" they have on these guys:

They found 9 backpacks and cellphones (anyone NOT have both
of those?)

Then there's these shocking bits-
'Strong suspicion' = guilty, right?
" a tenuous connection" =SOLID EVIDENCE!
"Zazi had traveled to Pakistan" = is it illegal to visit family?
"a confidential informant" = who shall remain nameless
" four other reputed cell members" = very definitive!
"keep an eye out for vans"= Narrows things down

After all that time and money spent but -
AUTHORITIES HAD YET TO MAKE AN ARREST IN THE CASE

CAN YOU SAY WILD GOOSE CHASE, ER MUSLIM CHASE?
The way they reference Al Qaeda 3 times, mention
the Madrid train bombings, the London subway
bombings and 9/11 just to up the scare factor is ridiculous.

TOTALLY EMBARRASSING!!!

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

How do you know the FBI isn't targeting just people based on religion here?

News Flash... Just about every terrorist act against the west in the last decade has been motivated by the Islamic religion. I doubt we are at threat from Hindus, Buddhists... or some guy selling tacos.

IRM

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by A por uvas
The Madrid bombing wasn't in the subway system it was a bombing of an above ground train.This makes me think the author is just writing these things because he/she was told to.

Well just because it was in the above ground sections does not mean it was not in, or on depending on how you look at it, the subway system.

I don't know if you have ever used the London underground, but a very large proportion of the underground or 'tube' system is above ground, it's the network of tracks that gets the term Underground, not the actual parts ot the network that go underground if that makes sense.

So I'm gonna have to say that the same is probably the case with the Madrid subway system, it was just on an above ground section when the bombs went off... Maybe something to do with the bombs usually having a back up detonation system relying on radio (mobile phones) just incase the bomber pulls out at the last second... Such a back up would not work underground of course - but that's just me thinnking out loud.

Remember when those 2 subway trains collided head on in New york some time ago? Well the BBc were reporting that a mass casualty event was happening in the Ney York underground - everyone was thinking the worst - head on - underground very very difficult to get to and all that.... Turns out while it was a bad crash it was easily accessible because it was above ground with fields either side of the tracks.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Does anyone know if there were any of those convenient "training exercises" going on over this period?

This is brilliant, it reminds me of the UK cops breaking into houses and arresting people in their pyjamas for going downstairs. From what I remember, going downstairs in your own house while Muslim can get you beaten up and released later in an embarrassing climbdown on the part of the authorities.

You have been warned.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
News Flash... Just about every terrorist act against the west in the last decade has been motivated by the Islamic religion. I doubt we are at threat from Hindus, Buddhists... or some guy selling tacos.

IRM

You mean like the Mossad Agents in the Mexican Parliment, or the Israelis on the George Washington Bridge, or like the Basque Guys running around in Spain, or the fake alqeda cells that Israel had set up in Pallestine, or the American's little fiasco attempts at Chavez, or the British Agents running around in Iraq dressed as Arabs with Explosives?
Every terrorist act you've heard about in the last decade has for the most part been, upon closer examination, shady false flag crap. Anytime you see 'with ties to Al Qaeda', start following the money rather than just swallowing the 'news' and blaming muslims.

I personally think there's something brewing as well, too many people are starting to forget to be afraid everytime someone says Osama, and they need to perpetuate that fear before we loose it.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
I personally think there's something brewing as well, too many people are starting to forget to be afraid everytime someone says Osama, and they need to perpetuate that fear before we loose it.

Well as others have said elsewhere the timing is just looking more and more 'right' if you get me...

Just 2 out of the many things would be that the month of Ramadan is up on the 19th I think, so that would be tomorrow, and I believe most 'specular' attacks have some sort of link to that.

And the other thing is that everyone likes to test the new prez out in the first part of his term - Of course you have 9/11, so any big attack on America in the next short while would clearly draw parallels with George Bush being at more or less the same point in his term as Obama would be now...

That and all the 'chatter' that seems to of increased a lot, we all know about the world events... It seems to be looking pretty oninous right now...

The 11th Oct keeps sticking in my head for some reason... It will be a Sunday, so the Christian day of rest, and it will actually be the first date that 9/11/01 has been reversed (in American of course 10/11/09)... I don't know, something makes me think it was primarily an attack on capitalism on 9/11, this time religion based maybe?? I'm just speculating of course - but what with the fincial crisis, tensions in the world - I can see a 'perfect' storm where the west is whacked from all sides - and then from the chaos eventually the strongest / luckyest will rise (whoever that may be)

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by Frankidealist35

What evidence do you have that they are? I'll ask again - who would you have investigate suspected terrorist activity? Or do we just ignore the possibility?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

The train sytem is ran by Renfre.The subway is ran by Madrid Metro.The people that work at renfre eat at my restaurant everyday mon-fri.Renfre is above ground that connects the cities in spain. The metro connects madrid underground. They do both meet up at Atocha Estacion but the train doesn't go underground to the metro stops in Madrid but to other parts of the city and then on to other cities in the country.Two different types of vehicles and two different types of systems here in spain.Cheers though.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
See, it's all fun and games to speculate about things but then "they" go and threaten you right where you live. I'm in Queens and I take the subway all the time, I'm about to be on it in the next 20 minutes.

Why does it always have to be New York? There are other cities, other places that are a good target. The subway is bad enough as it is, now we're going to have increased bag checks and check points and we still have to worry about a "terrorist attack".

It may not have happened where you live but it happened in New York

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
See, it's all fun and games to speculate about things but then "they" go and threaten you right where you live. I'm in Queens and I take the subway all the time, I'm about to be on it in the next 20 minutes.

Why does it always have to be New York? There are other cities, other places that are a good target. The subway is bad enough as it is, now we're going to have increased bag checks and check points and we still have to worry about a "terrorist attack".

It may not have happened where you live but it happened in New York

That is the funny thing about this terror alert - they found backpacks and cell phones. I suppose if they wanted to target LIRR or Metro North... but don't you think they would rather go after a target in Manhattan? The problem is that no trains in Manhattan are above ground and thus have no cell phone service.

It just seems odd. If I were looking to attack a target in the NYC area with the intention of 'terror', I would want to scare the heck out of the entire populace. Maybe busses - they are packed often. But hitting a train under ground would be - IMHO - something that would result in the largest impact.

I suppose most of the commuters in the boroughs outside of Manhattan would disagree and can identify with an above ground train...

In any event, has anybody determined exactly what damage a hydrogen peroxide bomb can do? Never heard of such a thing - but bombs are not exactly my specialty anymore.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

because a target like Topeka is simply not that terrifying to the rest of the world.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

Originally posted by A por uvas
The Madrid bombing wasn't in the subway system it was a bombing of an above ground train.This makes me think the author is just writing these things because he/she was told to.

Well just because it was in the above ground sections does not mean it was not in, or on depending on how you look at it, the subway system.

I don't know if you have ever used the London underground, but a very large proportion of the underground or 'tube' system is above ground, it's the network of tracks that gets the term Underground, not the actual parts ot the network that go underground if that makes sense.

So I'm gonna have to say that the same is probably the case with the Madrid subway system, it was just on an above ground section when the bombs went off... Maybe something to do with the bombs usually having a back up detonation system relying on radio (mobile phones) just incase the bomber pulls out at the last second... Such a back up would not work underground of course - but that's just me thinnking out loud.

Remember when those 2 subway trains collided head on in New york some time ago? Well the BBc were reporting that a mass casualty event was happening in the Ney York underground - everyone was thinking the worst - head on - underground very very difficult to get to and all that.... Turns out while it was a bad crash it was easily accessible because it was above ground with fields either side of the tracks.

You know! I think the Madrid bombings was not in the subway system!

The bombings took place on the Cercanías (Commuter Train) system of Madrid.

www.renfe.es...

The subway system of Madrid is: Metro de Madrid.

That's why I think this whole story is BS and scripted, some Ignorant MSM person who is spoon fed information from the top fails due to his/her own ignorance/arrogance to do the proper background research - thinking it doesn't matter for majority of the average Americans anyway! since their collected knowledge about the details of other countries tranportation systems are very limited.

So it's much better to tell the sheeple that there is a threat to the subway system instead! - just like Madrid we write! it makes a better punch! it's underground, more scary, you could get trapped in small confined spaces, it has better propaganda value to scare the sheeple with etc!

I have the privilege of being able to watch both 'CNN/U.S' and 'CNN International' here in Europe - and you wouldn't believe how differently they are reporting on the same news

On 'CNN International' THEY KNOW they can't get away with reporting in the same manipulative and propagandish way and with the same spins as they are reporting stuff on 'CNN/U.S' - because the world would laugh at them!

(The Fox News & CNN reporting just before & from the Iraq war 2003 was enough for me to realize this)

Watching 'CNN/U.S' is really a laugh though! - I can't even imagine how indoctrinated/brainwashed you have to be to believe in some of their BS and manipulative propaganda & spins sometimes?

I really feel sorry for all you guys in the U.S being bombarded with these kind of television news channels - you're toast!

But they are damn good at what they're doing, I give them that - Goebbels would have been ecstatic & proud having those people & producers.

My cable provider used to include FOX News in their cable but that unfortunately disappeared since no one wanted to watch the channel anymore! - but I watched it long enough to now have a reasonable level of understanding on how messed up the corporated MSM's are reporting on some news in the U.S - it's mind-blowing!

O'boy I really miss the mad man Bill O'reilly sometimes! - he amuses me to no end!

*heads over to You Tube looking for insane clips*

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Chevalerous]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join