It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A very bad case of Police brutality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
First... Sorry if this has already been posted... i have had a quick look but couldn’t see anything.... Anyway....

Watching the news last night I couldn’t believe what i was seeing... Police in Essex England, responding to a man being ejected from a pub, spray CS gas at point blank range into a man’s face. The man has already been handcuffed and restrained and has a open gash on his head that is bleeding heavily. Obviously the man is drunk and probably being abusive/resisting arrest but this is way over the top.

I used to go out drinking regular and have seen many many similar incidents of drinkers having one too many and getting outta hand... but normally the police deal with such matters with far more restraint.

I did a search of the major news websites this morning but couldn’t find anything on it... Cover up?!?!

All i could get was this poor quality clip from youtube... sorry.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

Hey Muck,

Please do not apologise.

I have said before that police are becoming more brutalised in the face of more brutalised offenders.

But this was absolute abuse.

S & F

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Thanks Spellbound...

I found the video on BBC now which is much clearer...

news.bbc.co.uk...

When it was shown on the news last night they had not applied any of the blurring to the picture and you could see the man’s head injury much more clearly. To spray CS Gas directly into an open wound must hurt like hell... Ouch!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

What really upsets me is that abusive police are not usually brought to account.

I know they have a tough job, but surely they should be taken to account for people they abuse?

Does that abused person have any redress? And, if so, through what tedious precedure?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Starred and Flagged in an attempt to get this thread noticed.

Even though there are plenty of threads on here showing police brutality, as spellbound says do not apologise.

The police officers in that video, without question, were completely out of order and should be charged with assault.

The man probably was drunk and being abusive although he was already restrained and didnt seem to be causing any harm to anyone.

If I was the man in the video then god help those police officers if I ever bumped into them down a dark alleyway.

What they did to the bloke was simply abuse! It was quite obvious that the fella was already in a bit of a state, his face was a bloody mess.

To then go and spray CS gas in his face, cuff him and bind his ankles is outrageous.

Maybe someone should kick the officers faces in, cuff them and spray CS gas in their face to see how they like it.

The officer restraining the women was just as bad in my opinion. I realise they had a job to do but she was sticking up for the bloke.

To make matters worse the officers are apparently not going to be disciplined but "re-trained"

Absolutely disgusting...

[edit on 15/9/09 by Death_Kron]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I thought this only happened in America. Oh, god not the English acting
this way! Is it something in the air that makes these police want to
hurt people like this? Spraying CS in a restrained person's eyes is
torture - nothing less. I hope no police ever plan on arresting me, after
all the videos I've seen I might be tempted to fight for my life. Sad,
disgusting, horrifying........I shouldn't have watched this before
breakfast.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Yeah, the system has gone corrupt a long time ago. Almost as if it's engouraging officers to abuse power. Even off duty cops who violate the law get off way easier than 'normal' folk.

top topics

join