It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawsuit Against Yasmin contraceptive. Serious side effects that could cost you your life! All women

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Recently, Yasmin problems have been increasingly reported. Serious side effects of Yasmin including blood clots, gallbladder disease, pancreatitis, stroke, and heart attack have been associated with women using the birth control. Consumer groups and members of the medical community are questioning Yasmin side effects and the increased risk for blood clots and strokes.

This thread is to alert all women who are on this pill about the serious side effects of this contraceptive. And bring awareness to women who are thinking of starting on it. This pill wich is dubbed a 'miracle contaceptive' is all but that. In fact, it is exactly the opposite. Doctors push this specific contaceptive as if it is going out of fasion, without informing women about the TRUE nature of this 'miracle drug' and the serious side effects that are being reported. Countless women have informed their doctors and OBGYN about the side effects they are experiencing, but doctors just ignore them refusing the possibility that it might be the pill.

Although there has been no official Yasmin recall by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Bayer AG has been notified that their advertising campaigns were misleading regarding side effects. As a result, Bayer AG has been ordered to modify their ad campaigns. The pharmaceutical company must also receive FDA approval before releasing new ad campaigns in the United States. This decision is the result of several class action lawsuits being filed by those affected by undisclosed side effects. At least one of those lawsuits is a federal lawsuit that is alleging that these Yasmin side effects are responsible for several deaths.

Link-www.yasminsideeffectslawyer.com...

The lawsuit:

TextIf you or a loved one has suffered from any of the harmful side effects of Yaz such as blood clots, stroke or heart attack you may be entitled to file a Yasmin lawsuit against the manufacturer. A lawyer with experience in birth control litigation can help evaluate your claim. Many women around the United States have suffered from life-threatening Yasmin birth control side effects. Unfortunately, most people don’t know that they may have important legal rights.

Below, the disclosed side effects in on the package insert.

• Numbness, weakness, or confusion. One may also experience a sinus-like headache that can also lead to speech, balance, and vision problems.

• Migraine headaches that may change in severity and pattern.

• Chest pain and nausea may suddenly develop.

• Breast lumps that suddenly appear, as do stomach pain, jaundice (skin or eyes become yellowish in color), or loss of appetite.

• Mood changes, depression, or changes in sleep pattern.

A doctor may discuss these symptoms with their patient before prescribing Yasmin. However, these side effects are also listed within the documentation that accompanies each package of pills.

Below, the side effects NOT disclosed in the package insert.

But what has not been disclosed is that Yasmin has recently encountered problems that have been linked to even more serious side effects than what are listed above. These side effects include:

Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) – This is a blood clot within a deep vein, usually in the legs, the pelvis, and sometimes the arms. This is a very painful condition that can lead to a pulmonary embolism (PE) and can ultimately cause death in some cases, if not cause further painful complications.

Pulmonary embolism (PE) – This blockage of the pulmonary artery is usually a result of deep vein thrombosis. One will experience complications when breathing, heart palpitations, and chest pain. If left untreated, PE can cause circulatory issues, collapse, and even sudden death.

Stroke – Blood clots that may form as a result of using Yasmin can disrupt blood flow to the brain and cause a significant loss in brain function. This clot can also be a result of DVT.

Heart attack – Again, blood clots can be a cause. However, other changes that occur within the body can result in changes in the heart.

Death – If a problem is undetected or becomes so severe that treatment is unable to stabilize it, death can occur. Such as in the case of a PE, death can be sudden without any warning whatsoever.

Link for side effects and lawsuit information-www.yasminsideeffectslawyer.com...

Countless women have reported loss of eyesight and blurry vision due to yasmin.

I have been on yasmin for about 5 years and stopped a week ago. This morning, I searched 'Yasmin side effects', and came across this site.From my experience, I did not really take in account all of the violent mood swings and severe anxiety until the problems became physical. About a year ago I experienced really scary bloating of my abdomen and the my stomach, as well as strange pain coming from what felt like my ovaries.The pain was so excruciating I could not walk, sit or stand up. I went to the hospital and had some scans, ultrasounds and X-rays done. The doctors looked at me as if I was crazy and told me that they could find nothing wrong.
In the space of a couple of months I gained about 10 pounds and went up 2 jean sizes. This alot for me as I am only 5'2 and small in frame. Pre- Yasmin, i weighed about 47kgs and in the space of about three months I was at 55kgs. But that's not the point, I still have the bloated abdomen, and my sex drive doesn't even exist! My poor bf.

After stopping for a week now I can slowly feel my sex drive creaping back, but the other side effcts might take a while to dissapear.

Here is a link to all the complaints of Yasmin. www.medications.com...

Girls, please research and see your doctor before continuing this contraceptive, or thinking of taking it.
Guys, please let all your lady loved ones know about this problem. You might save a life.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.

[edit on 06/10/2009 by jinx880101]

[edit on 06/10/2009 by jinx880101]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Thanks for the info

They do seem to have been pushing this one over all others.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I know, when I went to a nurse to talk about taking birth control, she prescribed it to me saying it would help my skin, and that it was the best pill on the market. She didn't ask for any blood work or medical history.
They are so quick to push any pill down your throat. For some, it works fine. For others, it could cause some serious damage. I would urge woman to have their hormone levels tested before choosing a contecpetive. You will save alot on future medical bills.
As they say, an ounce of prevention is woth a pound of cure...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
My little 18 year old sister is in the hospital right now. They say she had a stroke.

She is on Yaz. I am so angry and scared for her.

Please keep this up front. People need to know the side effects are very very real. 18 years olds should not have strokes.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Prescription drugs aren't meant for the body, people don't really understand that though. For the most part, putting something foreign into your body is only going to lead to problems. Pharm doesn't ever seem too concerned with side effects, I wonder why.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Did You Know... Popular Birth Control Pills (Yaz and Yasmin) Can Cause Serious Side Effects?

Misleading Claims By The Drug Company That Manufactures Yaz

Yaz, Yasmin and Ocella are particularly dangerous because they have been marketed to young women with misleading advertising and false claims. In fact, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has sent several letters to Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals, Inc. for what the FDA called "misleading" advertising claims it found "particularly troubling" because they served to "undermine the communication of important risk information, minimizing these risks and misleadingly suggesting that Yaz is safer than has been demonstrated by substantial evidence or substantial clinical experience."

In addition, Yaz, Yasmin and Ocella have been targeted to young women as a means to reduce acne or reduce premenstrual symptoms. In fact, some doctors have prescribed these drugs for non-sexually active girls as an acne fighter alone.

The FDA reprimanded Bayer [in 2008] for overstating the benefits and downplaying the risks of Yaz in television advertisements. The slogan for Yaz was "beyond birth control."

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has sent several warning letters to Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals, Inc. for what the FDA termed “misleading” advertising spots it found “particularly troubling” because they served to “undermine the communication of important risk information, minimizing these risks and misleadingly suggesting that Yaz is safer than has been demonstrated by substantial evidence or substantial clinical experience.”

Despite the thousands of lawsuits and thousands of women devastated by serious side effect, Bayer's profit continues to grow.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Yes ! I have seen law offices talking about this on T.V., get your suits on ladies !

I think its horrible how they talk about the GoD awful side effects that include SUDDEN DEATH due to stroke or heart attack like it's really not even worth a second thought, not to mention how they say smoking increases your risk of sudden death if you do it while taking it - to boot !
Hope anyone who takes that crap dosen't like to smoke after sex, most women probably wouldn't even think twice about it, and just have a cigarette. When BiG pharma & the FDA get sued for something like this, they know full well its coming and they are prepared to till out the money long before the first person even drops, it dosen't even dent their bank accounts one bit. As soon as that drug got the FDA stamp put on it, 1 billion $ automatic in the manufactures bank account. >BooM !< That quick, so they could care less.

Some people put so much trust on the high & mighty FDA and their GoDLY stamp of approval, like the bastards are actually out to actually protect them or something, they are NOT, it just makes me sick. If anyone does get a suit going against the manufacturer you better make sure that you also name & nail the FDA for giving the crap the
as well.

Heres how they BOTH see it...
"YOU MAY HAVE DIED ! BUT AT LEAST YOU DIDN'T GET PREGNANT ! THATS ALL WE PROMISED, AND WE WARNED YA ! YOU CAN'T SAY THAT WE DIDN'T WARN YA ! RIGHT ?

The FDA sent out warning letters to the manufacturer ?

CLUE # 1. "IT'S A DRUG THAT MAKES QUITE A LARGE CLAIM & IT'S MANUFACTURED AND SOLD IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA".
Who do you think had to approve the sale of it to the american public in the first freak'in place ?
The Boy / Girl Scouts of America ?

Thats a jOkE ! False claims ? What ? That teenage girls can VO-DEE-OH-DOE their way to a clearer complection and NOT have to worry about making some horned-uP punk wear a condom or her getting knocked uP in the process ? "JUST "DEAD" IF SHE SMOKES BEFORE OR AFTER ?" That was a false claim ?

Now...if the manufacturer claimed that the teenage girls horny punk boyfriend could also clear away HIS acne as well by having sex with her while she was on YaZ, that of course would be a horse of another color, not to mention, a pretty neat trick to.
"COMING SOON ! TO A DRUG STORE NEAR YOU ! "

My guess is that the FDA approved it under the condition that they would be made to appear glowing & innocent when the proverbial grits finally start hitting the pan. THE FDA LOOKS PRETTY INNOCENT & CARING IN ALL THIS, DON'T THEY NOW ?

edit on 28-9-2010 by alpha68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by alpha68

My 18 year old sister just had a stroke, she is on Yaz.

She does not smoke or drink.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by VAPatriot

I'm so sorry, I hope your family sues the bloody crap out of both the manufacturer and the FDA !

I am outside of the U.S. alot and you wouldn't believe how many people ask me about certain drugs in their country and if we have it in the U.S. under FDA approval !

I tell them to be more concerned if its "CANADIAN" approved !

How is your sister doing now ?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Blot clot and stroke are a risk of ALL birth control pills containing estrogen. The package insert DOES state this and there are factors that can increase your risk such as smoking, obesity, and undiagnosed heart problems or clotting disorders. There are going to be side effects of all medications for some people. The data suggests that the risk of heart attack and/or stroke is not significantly higher for YAZ than for any other combo pill. This is mostly a case of lawyers trying to track down another cash cow.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
All if not most birth control bills have nasty side effects like this. Its one of the reasons I can't take them safely, but staying safe is important. There isn't a drug out there that is perfectly safe. Every person is different medically so that's why if your on the pill, and have a good doctor, they will try you out on a few. I know 2 people on the pill, for medical reasons not birth control, who have gone through 3 or 4 different brands. Each having a different effect.

Though there is a higher risk possibly with Yasmin, its not any different from others. Its sad but what else are we suppose to do? there are many various contraceptives but so far the pill is the easiest most hassle free to both parties.

new topics

top topics

join