It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Hunters Season 4 Petition

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
My problem with the History Channel and similar shows is the constant rehashing after every commercial. its not bad enough to have those commercial breaks but do they need to insult us by repeating what they said before the break? I stopped watching any of those shows... you get 5 minutes of real info in a one hour hype... end result... you still have no facts.

Someone did one on the Sphinx once a three hour expose then at the end they just ended and left you hanging... No more... I will wait for the youtube condensed version of 3.42 minutes

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Here is a good UFO Hunters:
UFO Hunters UFO Surveillance part 1/5 playlist on my channel

You can't beat that, except focusing on Tesla might be much much better.
ED:Oops I did post to clue them in:
Well the saucer ships or Foo ship do go slow these days.
But a strange thing connects Atomic Plant locations and Tesla.
This Foo thing being a Tesla ship of course.
The Tesla Tower on Long Island now has a nearby Atomic plant.
Tesla at Los Alamos and now did Tesla have a North West operation.
Wherever Tesla went Atomic energy was sure to follow.
His coils were atom smashers and the local studies became experts.

Now thats more like it.

[edit on 9/17/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
My problem with the History Channel and similar shows is the constant rehashing after every commercial. its not bad enough to have those commercial breaks but do they need to insult us by repeating what they said before the break? I stopped watching any of those shows... you get 5 minutes of real info in a one hour hype... end result... you still have no facts.

Someone did one on the Sphinx once a three hour expose then at the end they just ended and left you hanging... No more... I will wait for the youtube condensed version of 3.42 minutes

Yeah, lots of padding and filler. Not limited to THC... stopped watching The Biggest Loser for the same reason. Ghost Hunters also comes to mind. DVR's are the solution.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
UFO Hunters hahahaha. What's wrong with Bill Burn's eyes anyway? He's always squinting. Speaking of that guy, do any of you guys remember the episode where he told the young man who was in the military that he was possibly a hybrid? I almost crapped myself laughing. He actually believed this kid was a dam hybrid! The other sidekick guy, Pat Usekrt I think his name is, yelled at him. "I can't believe you told him he's a hybrid! You can't go around telling people they're hybrids Bill!" That was it for me. I never listened to that guy Bill Burns again without some serious scrutiny. I hope that poor guy doesn't believe he's a hybrid.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Seems others have my view as well...that the show does as much to hurt the validity of ufology as it does to help it. To much cheesyness in it. Found myself lauging at it sometimes.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
gortex, star and flag for you. I don't even live in the USA, but I signed the petition nevertheless, because I believe it is important that shows like this get air-time.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I feel judging by the most of the posts on this thread we may be in the minority , but I to feel it is better to have the UFO Hunters than not , and regarding the bashing that Bill Birns has received , I think people need to loosen up a bit , we run the risk of taking ourselves far to seriously , If this man goes of on one sometimes so what , we need to remember that he lives this subject day in ,day out as the publisher of UFO Magazine ,where as to us its an interest, to him its his life , and he no more brings the subject into disrepute than any other of the out there theorists .

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I must be in the minority because I don't want this awful show to return and it's too bad it was created in the first place. It has to be the worst UFO show on TV. The "hunters" (they are not really hunters, just fortunate individuals who travel back and forth saying downright stupid things) starting with William J. Birnes, the publisher of UFO Magazine has got to be one of the worst personalities in UFOlogy. Not as bad as big-mouth Stanton Friedman but he spouts b.s. as if he was getting paid by the word! After all, his magazine reflects his idiotic thinking.

The other 2 "hunters" are not as bad as Birnes, but they're not the sharpest tacks in the box.

Originally posted by gortex
If you enjoy UFO Hunters, please take a moment to sign the petition to continue it for a 4th season . UFO hunters Petition
Its a shame this program has been canceled , while it never really came up with any real proof of Extraterrestrial Visitation it was good entertainment , especially Bill Birnes and his sometimes way out theories ,but also his real enthusiasm and passion for the subject .
The world of Television is a duller place without programs like UFO Hunters so please take the time to sign the petition .
Bellow is a reminder of the UFO Hunters at their best ,investigating one of my interests The Starchild Skull .

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortexwe run the risk of taking ourselves far to seriously ,

Well if WE don't take ourselves seriously, how can we ever expect main stream media to take us seriously?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The problem with your comment is that people are not going to be educated with the exploits of these individuals who don't seem to want to know truth and will accept whatever is thrown at them and with Birnes mouthing off about his beliefs, there is no education in this show. They always arrive after the fact and have to depend on what they're told because they never find anything worthwhile discussing. And all of the "scientific" efforts don't produce anything worth taking to the bank. This is why UFOs are such a mystery because no one with a camcorder is there when it's happening. And I'm very negative about Birnes because he just doesn't seem to know anything about UFOlogy except the popular BS which his magazine disperses to the gullible. Same thing with that other UFO magazine "editor" Don Ecker.

reply to post by TheOneElectric

But surely the aim of the program is to bring UFO cases that we in the community already know about to a wider audience , to educate people with a passing interest in the subject to the wealth of significant events past and present in Ufology .

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I posted my comments after reading the OP only. If you read my comments they sound like I copied yours! Now I'm reading the thread from the beginning and see my sentiments expressed by you. Glad I'm not alone in my opinion.

Originally posted by Resinveins
Personally I hate that show. While I agree having more people aware of some of these cases is a good thing, I really don't want Bill Birnes being a part of it.

That guy believes just about anything given even the slightest hint of a reason.

Between that guy, and some of the questionable "science" they use to try and prove some of these cases... I think they do more harm than good.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
The problem with your comment is that people are not going to be educated with the exploits of these individuals who don't seem to want to know truth and will accept whatever is thrown at them

And just what, in your 'expert' opinion, WOULD 'educate' them?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
If the production team is not linked to UFO magazine, then simply get rid of the present hosts and bring in a crew of open-minded skeptics who look at the facts and state factual comments, not what seems improvable. If the shoe doesn't fit, you will acquit!

Pat Uskert and Kevin Cook try to give the impression that they're open-minded but they always, in the end, buy the bs presented to them. There were many times when I yelled at them.

On the other hand I also yell at Joe Nickell when he goes overboard in trying to question the claims made by whoever or whatever is being presented.

An open mind is the best asset a skeptic could have. Relying on the evidence keeps everything above board. We the intelligent are watching and depending on the level of education, sometimes we can know more or better than the "experts." Isn't that right?

I can speak with a certain "authority" because my UFOlogy resume is quite long beginning in 1957, being an editor of UFO magazines which you can see actress Cindy Williams holding in the movie posters, attending the UN UFO day in 1978, being featured in a Los Angeles newspaper, being a super-duper lunar anomalies researcher, etc., etc.

reply to post by zorgon

[edit on 19-9-2009 by Skeptical Ed]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
I can speak with a certain "authority" because my UFOlogy resume is quite long beginning in 1957, being an editor of UFO magazines which you can see actress Cindy Williams holding in the movie posters,

Well an Actress, Even a cute one, doesn't help a whole lot in presenting a serious UFO case...

If you say you have such experience, why not use that constructively and do some good threads with good material, like Jkrog08's... rather than waste everyone's time tossing negative BS to the four winds?

[edit on 19-9-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Dont speak negatively about the four winds. I pray to the four winds. He is the everlasting sky and you live beneathe him

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The only time the mainstream or the Skeptics will take us seriously is when IT finally happens and ET reality is proved by an out in the open visitation , No TV program will do it .

[edit on 19-9-2009 by gortex]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

You're absolutely correct gortex. I agree with that 100 percent. These programs simply fuel the believers and recruit new believers into the light of the issue. The programs are never intended to show definitive evidence. If you watch these shows looking for that then you're always gonna be disappointed. An alien landing available to all the public is really the only way to close the door on the discussion and open another.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

The only time the mainstream or the Skeptics will take us seriously is when IT finally happens and ET reality is proved by an out in the open visitation , No TV program will do it

Yeah but what I want is a TV camera on the face of the skeptics when they land
but they will most likely just hide in the closet

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The CGI they come up with is pretty decent stuff sometimes.. its a shame they feel they have to wrap the whole thing up as a phony investigation using very weak characters each time.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
this was a great show i hope it can come back

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join