It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pre-Babel Language Discovered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Ancient alphabet found in Australia, Israel, Colorado and Yemen.

You are now in what was formally a private archive devoted to an amazing discovery concerning the similarities of ancient petroglyphs (carved stone images) from many different and distant parts of the planet.

The alphabet has been given the name "old Negev," after the location of the alphabet's initial discovery in the Sinai (See James Harris, Ph.D., Brigham Young University). In Australia it has been known by the name "Panaramitee Art," while in the Americas it has been misrepresented as Native American Indian sign language (See LaVan Martineau, The Rocks Speak). The alphabet has most recently surfaced in Yemen, where it was carved in a font style associated with the Sabatean Empire under the Queen of Sheba. The alphabet is now understood to be proto-Himyaritic, or Sabaean, and translated using a proto-Canaanite dialect.

Link 1

Link 2

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
From other source's I've read, this language stem's off of ancient summerian. I really wish I saved the link's, and I will try searching for them.

Anyway's, what it all boil's down to is the possibility of the ancient hebrew's came from the ancient summerian's and thier whole concept of god as well ... Look into it!

[EDIT]

If it take's too long for you to wait, please remind me through U2U ... I'm looking into other thing's right now, so there's a good posibility I'll forget

[EDIT]

[Edited on 16-2-2003 by e-nonymous]

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Who believe that hebrew (NEPHTI) went from ISRAEL to AMERICA approx 0 AD. I read part of MORMONS books, and they talk about tablets in an ancient language.

Personnally I really sceptic about MORMONS religion but I'm tolerant, so I they want to have a book like HOLY BIBLE...

Ancients says that there are two holy scriptures :

Ancient Hebrew (ISRAEL) and Ancient Sanskript (INDIA)

The bible talk about a great King (approx 4000 BC) who regned from Indian peninsul to Ethiopa.
In fact ethiopa seems to been a part of ISRAEL during SALOMON regn. On picture we can see a scripture talking about MENELIK, known in bible as regnant son of SALOMON and SHEBA.

[Edited on 17-2-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The "alphabet" concept actually doesn't hold up well.

If it really was writing, then you would find thousands of examples of it because there are thousands of petroglyphs around the world.

Nans, there's no evidence beyond the Book of Mormon that the Hebrews took a long journey across the Atlantic.

It's true that the Hebrews apparently got some of their stuff (including a legend about a worldwide flood) from the Sumerians. There's some research that looks reasonable that says the oldest written language is actually Egyptian.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The thing with old negev, is it's translatable with hebrew if I recall correctly ...

Just the fact that it's an ancient dialect of hebrew, and found all over the world, does show Nans is right about his link, as you'll see from this link below ...

www.viewzone.com...

As far as thousand's of example's, it could be that most 'example's' of old negev are being withheld from the general public for various reason's. But, the oldest language I know of right now would be summerian, they predate the egyption civilization.

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Perhaps this ancient alphabet spread among proto-humans before they started exploring and took it with them when they traveled to australia and america.

XAOS

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Or maybe the summerian's myth is really historical fact ...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
what is most likely is that what we call Africans today. Already traveled to all the continents and set up civilizations. Look at the Omecs in South America as well as the Shiang in china. This would also explain why pyramids are found all over the earth.

On another note i think it's funny how people want to believe that it was Aliens instead of Africans LOL

top topics

join