It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama must respect Afghan humanity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

The war in Afghanistan hangs like some cloud of poison gas over Washington that won’t blow away.

It sickens everything as it spreads. It continues to suck precious tax dollars out of the Treasury, money this country cannot afford to squander, especially as millions of Americans are sinking into poverty and joblessness exceeds 10 percent.

Afghanistan has already been under illegal U.S. assault for eight years and President Obama’s top military advisers are telling him it will take many more years to achieve “victory,” a term having utterly no meaning for skyrocketing numbers of dead and dismembered civilians.

And dispatching more troops means dispatching more targets. “Deaths from bombings soaring,” the Miami Herald reported on Aug. 12. IED explosions soared to 828 in July, more than twice as many as in the previous July and the highest level since the war began. This is the road to “victory”?

aljazeera.com...

It is a worth of time article. It shows another view of the Afghan occupation which Western viewers are not aware of.

What I found interesting in this article was the IED statestics. It is a simple proof that Taliban (AKA Afghans who oppose the occupation) are still fighting and still show presense which haunts the Western occupiers.

Thanks for your time

oozy

aljazeera.com...

[edit on 11-9-2009 by oozyism]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Thanks Ooz. They've been playing up on MSM all day about how the IEDs have increased a 'gazillion' percent, or whatever freakishly absurd number they used. I took a different spin on it.

Given the recent revelation that the IEDs are coming from Iran (yeah, whatever) and they are such a huge problem, ya know, we're gonna either have to get more troops over there, or blow the hell out of Iran...either way is ok for the bloodthirsty raping bastards that constitute our 'leadership.'

A couple of the blowhards got up today and at least PRETENDED like they were not wanting to send any more troops...but they are as powerless as WE are when it comes to stopping the war machine. We'll send more troops. More will die. We'll suddenly realize, in twenty years, that it didn't help anyone except the guys making the weapons, who are slobbing the knobs of the guys throwing meat into the grinder.

Grrr.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

What I find disturbing is the fact that some seem to believe it is ok to risk thousands and thousands of Afghan lives for the sake of victory(not to mention American lives). I don't believe an aimless victory is a just victory and an unjust victory can never last. What goes around comes around, and when it comes around it will hurt.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Aljazeera.COM is nothing more than a propaganda rag for jihadists.

Do not confuse it with Aljazeera.NET (English version).

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Well if you read what I said you would notice this:

It shows another view of the Afghan occupation which Western viewers are not aware of.

Another view point, get it? The opposite propaganda, which deserves as much attention as western propaganda. In order to find the truth you must look at all sides.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
[edit on 13-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Has the government of Afghanistan asked NATO forces to leave? You guys do realize this is a NATO mission, not a US one, correct?

top topics

join