It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fines proposed for going without health insurance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I did a search on this- so please, don't scold too much if you have to yank the thread:

WASHINGTON – Americans who don't get health insurance once the system is overhauled would be fined up to $3,800 under a proposal that circulated in Congress on Tuesday as Democratic leaders cast doubt on prospects for creating a government-run insurance plan.

And the link to the whole, sordid story:

news.yahoo.com...

Well, the piles of manure that run our country have revealed themselves yet again: It's all a money making scheme, nothing more. I doubt I have to mention that these 'fines' will end up just lining pockets.

The more I see, the more I am thinking about leaving this country.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Would the mods PLEASE move this thread to where it needs to go? KthnxBai

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
if your in bad health, you can NOT get insurance. if you have pre-exsiting conditions and you try and get insurance, most companies will tell you to step off. they dont want to insure you because they know it will cost them money.

I sincerely hope that any idiots who try this make sure that inssurance is actually AVAILABLE to people before they start fining for no coverage.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Oh they'll make sure to include a clause which states nobody can be turned down...but they will fail to set any type of limits to what the Insurance companies can charge for premiums.

You have a preexisting condition? Something serious maybe? How dose a $100k a year in premiums sound?

Remember they didn't 'deny' you coverage, they offered. You just weren't able to afford it.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat

WASHINGTON – Americans who don't get health insurance once the system is overhauled would be fined up to $3,800 under a proposal that circulated in Congress on Tuesday as Democratic leaders cast doubt on prospects for creating a government-run insurance plan.

They can make the fine any amount they choose, I will not be participating in this fraud. This is yet another example of illegal government conduct.

new topics

top topics

join