It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are born to believe in God

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

s & f... good post ... and i like what you said about it being over simplification of things! that really does sum up my feelings for alot of the christianity i've had pushed down my throat from a very early age.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

ATHEISM really may be fighting against nature: humans have been hardwired by evolution to believe in God, scientists have suggested.
so now evolution is responsible for my belief in a creator
God by evidence of intelligent design in this existence that i open my
eyes to everyday.
evolution lacks the intelligence it takes to "hardwire " anything. lmao
absolutely maniacle.
modern acedemia

come on guys.... let's make thinking popular again!
get to steppin, hit the bricks, beat the street, you're good to go!
sounds like you have it all figured out.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

If the killing was logically viable then yes because without the creation of religion we would not have the basic religious doctorine that grew to become our general laws, so murder might be legal, for if we go by the thought that we are vessels for DNA then killing weaker species would be seen as logically correct for the evolution of DNA which would in terms mean that Hitler was on the right line he just got mixed up with his own personal endeavours instead of an Ayrean race and the genocide of any other race which was not so it should have been that we use the weaker human beings those of a lower intellectual capability to become the serf's and let the higher forms of DNA flourish give them space and they will develop quicker and reach a higher potential this is logically viable but dooes not take into account our herd morality and the fact that we are emotional beings and so sentiment would come into the picture ergo blocking a true logical argument for anything we would just be were we are now and not truly distinguishing between logic and emotional statements for most people speak through emotions being emotivists and so there can never be a logical moral argument for the arguments will always involve an emotional response making it void as there is generally no fact in what they believe it is the basics of the Hurrah.Boo theory by Alfred Ayer.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

ATHEISM really may be fighting against nature: humans have been hardwired by evolution to believe in God, scientists have suggested.
so now evolution is responsible for my belief in a creator
God by evidence of intelligent design in this existence that i open my
eyes to everyday.
evolution lacks the intelligence it takes to "hardwire " anything. lmao
absolutely maniacle.
modern acedemia

come on guys.... let's make thinking popular again!
get to steppin, hit the bricks, beat the street, you're good to go!
sounds like you have it all figured out.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by randyvs]

You missed the whole point, which isn't too surprising. It's just another trait to help humanity survive, like sheep staying together when confronted by a predator. There is more safety in numbers. It has absolutely nothing to do with whether your deity or any other deity actually exists.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
atheism doesn't have any ground to stand on.

You are here. God didn't choose either to exsist, He is.

The highest truth is free or it is a slave of a higher truth,
that truth is always one and always free.

There is an absolute truth, and you are a part of it.
as belief. as truth's choice.

All the rest is observation.

God exsists.
Truth = Logic = God = One

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by pasttheclouds

atheism doesn't have any ground to stand on.

You are here. God didn't choose either to exsist, He is.

The highest truth is free or it is a slave of a higher truth,
that truth is always one and always free.

There is an absolute truth, and you are a part of it.
as belief. as truth's choice.

All the rest is observation.

God exsists.
Truth = Logic = God = One

No God does not exist for me he may for you but not in my life, the argument for the existence of a deity will rage on until humanity is extinct.

All I will say is that God exists within the minds of those who believe ergo he exists to them but to those who believe in other things for example themselves there is no deity, this is known as the anti-realist theory created by Ludwig Wittgenstein when working on the use of language in the world.

However we should seek the warning of Blaise Pascal "It is better to have believed and to have been proven wrong, then to have disbelieved and find yourself answering to God."

This is generally the reason for their being so many agnostics out there.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
nice answer,
but you can also read my post before you answer.

People belief because they feel,
and sometimes because they need.
But need allows search, and search sometimes does answer.

You are making a point, which i understand, but you
are to fast to make your point.

Anyway, care is what counts, whatever beliefs you have,
as long it is not ignorance.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy

We are born to believe in God

They suggest that during evolution groups of humans with religious tendencies began to benefit from their beliefs, perhaps because they tended to work together better and so stood a greater chance of survival.

is it just me or is there just always an answer to every shred of evidence that comes up in favor of god?

its anything but god right?

this explanation is worse than the one the concocted up to explain mitochondrial dna

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
I agree with the article. Human's believe in God is more complex than it seems. It's not just about poor education or indoctrination. I even believe that cavemen have some form spiritual belief.

And I disagree with the 'I figure it all out' mentality which crusading atheists and skeptics usually have. It's usually just oversimplification of things and that's not helpful at all.

It's very simple, you even demonstrated it as such in your commentary.

Children, are like cavemen, in that they share something in common, a misunderstanding of how the physical world functions. Everyone starts out uneducated and this is the best time to indoctrinate with nonsense, when you don't know any better. Of course children and cavemen are more likely to believe, it's not like they have a better solution to offer.

I didn't even meet a Christian till I was about 10, he moved in across the street from me. He used to try and convince me to come to church with him and be "saved" and all that. But by 10, I already knew what he was saying was ridiculous all on my own.

Children don't believe in gods because it's innate, they take to gods because they aren't given any better answers that negates the purpose of a "fill-in-the-gaps" god. Educate your kids and gods are redundant and unnecessary.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join