It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snitch!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I would be a proud snitch....I am not afraid of them...If you kill someone or commit a crime in front of me I am not going to run with my tail behind my legs! I will let the authorities know what I know so justice would be served!
I had a part in a tax evasion scam a former boss was doing. I was one of the main reasons he was caught and I have no guilt for it. What he was doing was wrong and VERY illegal. He spent a year in prison and when he got out it changed his out look on things...I think he learned his lesson. I knew him before money made him greedy and shady and I knew he needed to be brought back to reality and well he is now and he has even said going to jail was probably the best thing for him to snap out of the "funk" he was in....Greed is a very dangerous thing...I dont understand how anyone can live their life knowing they witnessed a murder and just go about their day. What about the families of the victim who want justice??
You mentioned the one rapper, Chamelon(or whatever his name is..lol) said he would just move! Wow what a wimp IMO. Why move? If I knew someone was a murderer and I let them go, I would NEVER be able to live with myself if they took another life because I didnt say anything.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Interesting take on it, however is that not just an excuse to not sound scared? I respect that in some communities they have their own version of justice but in reality would you rather give up a murderer or let them go 'free'? I just feel that to say its a betrayal is a cop out rather than saying im too scared. What about the person who was killed? Are they not being more betrayed? I suppose if the suspect is going to get whacked then it kind of sorts itself out in some twisted way.

Peace

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Police are not always the best answer...many times they are not the best place to start either.

The rest of ATS is full of stories regarding the behavior of police, there is rampant corruption in many departments, and if someone has enough money the law really does not apply to them.

Just use your head...Moving next door to a murderer...how exactly do you prove they are a murderer? going to police without evidence to convict just makes you the next victim. Don't be a victim in Life.

sometimes the best action is to take care of the situation yourself.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The problem here is the negative connotations that are attached to words like 'snitch' and 'grass'.

Informant:

1. a. One that gives information.
b. One who informs against others; an informer.

2. One who furnishes linguistic or cultural information to a researcher.

If i witnessed something and then asked for the details i am merely passing on information.

Even that definition is negative......against others......there is no for or against, just truth.

Where i come from there are these sayings:
Grasses get cut.
Snitches get stitches.

Unfortunately people believe the hype.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

"Grasses get cut.
Snitches get stitches. "

Exactly, you are right with the negative connection towards the words used. On another note its been a few years since I heard that saying but it still rings in my ears. (Not that I was a grass)!

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

It very well could be. There was one episode in particular where a young child witnessed a murder. The mother wanted him to go to the police but the little boy refused and said he would be a sell out.

So I'm not saying fear has nothing to do with it but I don't think it's all of it. Does that make any sense? lol It's probably a mix of fear and the desire to not betray others.

Also, I believe the witnesses are guilt tripped into not coming forward. They are often given a spiel about the sense of community and the need for unity among themselves. To snitch would to be seen as a Judas. So you also have this overwhelming sense of shame forced upon you as well.

Think of it as being in the mob. On one hand the witnesses are scared as heck because of the way mob handles snitches. On the other hand, it's seen as a betrayal of the 'family.' It's very similar in gangster communities. You'd be seen as betraying 'the brotherhood.' So if fear doesn't work on you, there is the shame and vice versa.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
This is very simple: Snitching is when you are trusted by others and betray that trust. All snitches should be shot on sight. Rats and snitches are the same thing...people who played the game and when it got too hot they bail out on their pals and inform to save their own skin.

People who only report a crime are NOT snitches. It is OK to report major crimes to the cops. It is NOT OK to rat on your friends just to get off lightly. Those people should get thrown dead into a dumpster; disloyalty is the worst crime there is in a sense.

I would NEVER snitch, no matter what....I would rather take the time and come out holding my head high....instead of having to worry about getting offed for ratting. I hate rats, and most people do as well. No one likes a rat, including the cops...they know that a rat has No morals and no conscience.

If only all rats and snitches wouild meet the fate they deserve; An unmarked grave in a trashy field in the middle of nowhere.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
An example of this happened here in Liverpool recently.

A kid Rhys Jones, a 12 year old kid, walking home from football practice, was shot in broad daylight by a local yob outside a pub.

The 18 year old who did it (18 when convicted) was well known in the area of Croxteth where this happened, it was National news, lots of people knew he was responsible, but yet they helped him cover his tracks, even his Mother and Father knew and helped him by hiding or getting rid of the bike he was riding when he shot Rhys, more than that his Mother made an insurance claim for the bike, which eventually led to her getting 8 years in Prison if I remember.

My point is, the Family of Rhys where suffering the agony of what had happened, and people who they knew and looked them in the eye day after day, helped cover this all up, by burning clothes, hiding the weapon, and refusing to tell the Police who had done it.

Some of it was because of fear from the gang Mercer (the shooter) belonged too, but a lot of it was through loyalty, as you can tell from his Mum and Dad, this stuff is happening more and more, and even now there are still people who were involved who havn't been caught yet, just because of this Snitch crap.

I cant understand why people are like this, I grew up with the understanding nobody liked a Grass, but it never went as far as Murder, it was more to do with so called victimless crimes.

What worried me is eventually if this keeps growing, it will effect every single one of us, and it will be because of us, we are going to be a victim of our own misguided loyalty.
Don't misunderstand if someone say pinches the lead off a roof, I am more likley to roll my eyes, and think they are a dick.

But how anyone could look the Mother of a Murdered kid in the eyes day after day, knowing that their friend or family member was responsible, to me is one of the most diabolical things I can imagine, this case left me numb for a long time being so close an all, I believe if it was my kid responsible I would turn them in myself, for their own sake as much as anyone else.

What a world we live in?

Rhys Jones story

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by richierich
This is very simple: Snitching is when you are trusted by others and betray that trust. All snitches should be shot on sight. Rats and snitches are the same thing...people who played the game and when it got too hot they bail out on their pals and inform to save their own skin.

People who only report a crime are NOT snitches. It is OK to report major crimes to the cops. It is NOT OK to rat on your friends just to get off lightly. Those people should get thrown dead into a dumpster; disloyalty is the worst crime there is in a sense.

I would NEVER snitch, no matter what....I would rather take the time and come out holding my head high....instead of having to worry about getting offed for ratting. I hate rats, and most people do as well. No one likes a rat, including the cops...they know that a rat has No morals and no conscience.

If only all rats and snitches wouild meet the fate they deserve; An unmarked grave in a trashy field in the middle of nowhere.

What can anyone possibly say to that? is it the tough guy image? or the anonymous boast that the internet allows us all?

I believe you have never found yourself in the position where your life is about to end as decided by a jury of your fellow Humans, I haven't either.

But what I can say is I have seen the toughest guys turn into blubbering idiots once they realise they will never see the outside world again, sure there are those who are so loyal they would take the 25 years in prison rather than let down their closest friends.

But true friends wouldn't put you in a position like that would they? in reality, it's more likely that you would turn into the same blubbering idiot that went before you to save your own neck, it's easier to move than to be someone's bitch inside for the rest of your life.

Just an opinion, don't wish to have a cap in my ass or whatever it's called these days.

I think this thing I have called conscience and guilt and even morals would overcome any sense of duty I would have for a friend who would let me take the fall for their actions, it's a false sense of brotherhood that passes as you get older, not many 60 yr old gang members out there are there?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by richierich

======================================

Did you type that using the tip of your Glock ?

======================================

We have got to have a sense of ownership/involvement in our communities . Otherwise the feeling of disconnection will grow. It too easy not to get involved , blaming politicians / police force etc etc .

But i understand that people often are just too busy but something has got to give .

I wonder , once you "scale up" society, is this sense of isolation an inevitable consequence . Relatively speaking , humans living in large towns and cities is rather new to us as a species .
Then again the encroaching intimacy of small communities is not without its challenges also i suppose . We must persevere to strike a balance , but our involvement is surely a common denominator in any functioning collective.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This is a result of social crimes, and is a prime example of how social crimes bring society down.

I wish I had the original version of this story, but I'll give it as best I can from memory.

Back when the US was a new country, a Frenchmen came to America. In France, they had heavy social crimes. Among the people, it was an "Us vs Them" mentality, and you would not snitch on people at all. The court system was basically a form of entertainment and such, as the people who go and watch people get in trouble for social crimes. France had many many police officers in order to keep up with this demand.

When he came to America he noticed it was different. We had no social crimes, only the most basic laws like theft, murder and so forth. We didn't have hardly any police, but we had very little crime. And he noticed that we didn't have the "Us vs Them" mentality, and when someone committed a crime, the people would do everything they could to help.

Which does America sound like today?

See, when you start making social laws, many people are guilty of them. Many others notice there is no harm in them(victimless crimes). Because of this it creates the us vs them paradigm. If you snitch on someone for a victimless crime, then you are considered bad/wrong - and for a somewhat legitimate reason. It's where most people get the "don't snitch" stuff from.

What they need to do is get rid of the social laws and victimless crimes. Then if someone says "don't snitch" 95% of the population is going to look down on that. Because then don't snitch isn't applying to the social crimes, but only the crimes that are legitimate such as theft, murder and so forth.

As such, you don't need near as many cops, near as many prisons and you don't need to spend near as much money on crime. And the police can spend their time going after the serious crimes, rather than worrying about social crimes.

Not to mention many other things, such as social crimes being an infringement on freedom etc. But the entire "don't snitch" thing is a direct result of our screwed up laws and people who can't live and let live. The only way to fix it is to get rid of social crimes.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It's not my place to judge others.

The fact of the matter is there really is something called karma, or as Auntie said in Road Warrior Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome...

"Bust a deal, face the wheel"

The karmic wheel gets everyone in the end and trying to defeat or bolster karmic justice offers little purpose.

The reality is that police are in the Law Enforcement Business. They will let a murderer like Sammie the Bull walk if you can give them John Gotti. They will give John Gotti a lighter sentence if he has lots of money and property to turn over and reveals it and forks it over.

It's one thing to report a crime as a witness to a crime and another thing all together to be a snitch. The police actually draw up contracts with snitches. Most snitches are trying to avoid punishment for their own crimes and the police will basically direct those snitches as employees or slaves and place them in harms way and jeapordy to entrap other criminals.

Law Enforcement has often bizarre catch and release policies based simply on how you can bolster or not bolster a politically minded prosecutor or police cheifs career or how much monetary or physical wealth you can provide to the state.

Law Enforcement isn't run to protect and serve, Law Enforcement is run as a for profit enterpise something I am sure most of you already know when you are handed that code violation ticket with instructions of where to send your money.

I don't recomment revenge, and I don't recommend snitching as a form of revenge either as karma will really get them in the end. It always does, it always will.

Do no harm, means do no harm.

Ever think that said entertainers body gaurd might have earned his karma and fate?

There are no innocents on Slave Planet Earth and only the good die young!

Everyone else gets to suffer karma!

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
reply to post by operation mindcrime

If you haven't seen this, watch it, when you wake up go to blockbuster and rent it and watch it immediately, all time favorite KB movies.

A perfect example of my own philosophy:

IF IT BOTHERS YOU ENOUGH- HANDLE IT YOURSELF.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
All depends.

I think it has a little bit to do with the fact that people need to work their own problems out if possible.

A second thought is that snitches can a lot of the times do it for their own self-pleasure. One example would be if I hid my friends shoes, and some stranger ruined the joke by telling my friend where I put them.

Anyone with a bit of sense would and should call the police if you knew someone got murdered...unless of course your own life is at stake at that very moment etc.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Republican08

one thing about snitches, the police never like them either.

Snitches that cops don't like are the twirps that every time they get busted they rat on everyone else they can to keep from doing jail time for there crimes.
They are listed on police reports as confidential informants CI's.
the cops don't like them because about half the information is udder BS.

In many cases the cops will use other terms for non criminal informants.
like neighborhood information sources, NI's or Street information SI's
These are people that live in the neighborhood that have been victims of neighborhood crime. or retired LEOs, neighborhood watch, ect,
The cops like these people because there information is 98% reliable
and they are not using the cops to beat there own charges.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
In cases such as organized crime, including rappers that are gangsters, they prefer to take care of business themselves therefore they don't want to announce names or help the police.

I use to hang out with a group of people who had heard that one of their friends had snitched on them about a robbery.. they called him up like they were still friends and wanted to meet him in a park. He went along and without even telling him what they had assumed they went ahead and attacked him with knives and bricks. He had to get surgery and even now long after the incident he says he never snitched on them. I believe him. This was years ago and I've moved on from those sort of things by the way.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

the word snitch is a paradigm. "hey, somebody's snitchin on our block" lets go snitch to the boss that they'res snitches, lol i mean wtf is that!?
anybody whos wearing that shirt is basically saying, "if you snitch, then i snitch" lol big brother knows every move, maybe they're snitches!

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I say if you see an event and you feel it warrants speaking out about it do it.

Snitch, whistleblower, tattle tell. Whatever you want to label it.

But and I can only speak for where I live, there is a push to "report anything and everything". If you see something that looks remotely odd, call the police and let us know. I've literally had the police called on me for walking my dog. "Why are you walking your dog at 3 am?"..."He had to ****, I guess his ass didn't know what time it was." That upset the officer to no end.

I also had the police called to my house due to "suspicious activity", the suspicious activity was 3 cars coming to my house in a span of 9 hours. Suddenly I know 3 people and I'm a drug dealer.

My point being is that maybe people should just mind their own business. Poking your nose in other peoples affairs isn't usually taken kindly. If you see a guy beating his wife half to death in the street thats a little different. But the extents some people take it are just ridiculous.

Even if big brother isn't watching you, little brother is.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
i love the comment to the cop, lol but yeah whos lil brother? cody banks?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
See heres the thing, SNITCHING is viewed by basically the whole earth as wrong BECAUSE the POLICE FKD UP GLOBALLY. If people have over many many years depended on support from their POLICE FORCE to protect them only to see these COPS can be paid of or even bankrolled by a supposed criminal wtf are they supposed to do when they know if they tell, someone in their own POLICE FORCE my deliver the message to the supposed criminal. THis is why SNITCHIN IS VIEWED HOW ITS VIEWED. Take for instance a mob rat telling on the mob and the mob got connects in the POLICE FORCE THAT PERSON JUST TRIED TO OPEN THEIR MOUTH AND GOT IT SHUT PERMENATLY BY THE POLICE. Point is the police system is too corrupt and evil that people rather not be bothered or rather handle their friend being killed themselves EYE FOR AN EYE you kill my friend I kill you and ten of yours.

On a larger scale COPS AROUND THE WORLD are involved in all types of simular situations like :I LIVE NEAR A POLICE FORCE THAT DID SOME NON SNITCHEN. A COP OFF DUTY GOT DRUNK ASS HE LL* A COUPLE YEARS AGO HIT AND RAN A CIVILIAN AND KEPT GOING. HIS FELLOW POLICE KNEW HE HIT AND RAN KILLED A CIVILIAN AND WHAT THEY DO "KEPT THEY MOUTH CLOSED" CRAFTON POLICE IF YOU THINK IM LYING. THE COP WHO KILLED THE PERSON WAS PAYING OFF HIS FELLOW POLICE FRIENDS TILL THE economic down turn caught up to his a ss and he couldnt pay the COPS TO KEEP QUIET AND THEY BEGAN TO TELL ON HIM notice the STOP SNITCHIN IN THE POLICE FORCE. After this the COP WAS BROUGHT UP ON CHARGES, HE STILL REMAINS FREE TODAY YUP RIGHT NOW , WHY AND HOW CAUSE THE STOP SNITCHIN WENT ALL THE WAY UP THE LADDER AND HIS BOSS SHOWED HIS FELLOW OFFICER SOME LOVE(COP STILL FREE FOR HIT AND RUN DRUNK MURDER) IMAGINE IF THIS WAS YOU WHO HIT AND RAN, SLAMMER TIME RIGHT, DOUBLE STANDARD SEEN BY THE WHOLE WORLD criminals also SEE THIS.

Larger scale global govz. and their ways of keeping SECRETS BY HUSHING THEIR POTENTIAL SNITCHES BY EITHER KILLING THEM OR BONDING THEM IN A HIDDEN "BLACK" LOCATION for good. So the govz. need to set the STANDARD AND QUIT THE BS AND MABEY THE PEOPLE WILL FOLLOW. AS OF NOW MANY ON THIS SITE ARE IN FEAR OF BEING PUT ON SOME SCARY GOV. HIT LIST FOR THEIR BELIEFS AND THIS AINT FAIR. SO MABEY *YOU* GOVERNMENTS NEED TO ACT RIGHT AND THE MASSES MAY FOLLOW. EVEN THO I DONT SEE IT HAPPENING FOR THE GOVZ. GOTTA KEEP THEIR SECRETS RIGHT, "right" BY HUSHING RATS/SNITCHES ECT. SO THE PEOPLE WILL CONTINUE TO FOLLOW THE LEAD OF THEIR GOVZ.

THE GLOBAL GOVZ. CREATED STOP SNITCHIN THATS WHY THE: CIA-NSA-KGB AND OTHER GLOBAL GOVZ. LIKE THESE ARE FEARD SO MUCH, CAUSE PEOPLE KNOW IF A ALIEN COMES TO MY HOUSE THE MEN IN BLACK WILL BE THERE ASAP TO CLOSE THE SECRET AND QUIET THE RATS WHO MAY TELL OF THE DISCLOSURE.
YOU MADE THIS STOP SNITCHIN NOT THE PEOPLE UNDER YOU

[edit on 10/7/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join