It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snitch!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
So, i've started school, back up, and well came across some things in my business classes, (republican08 in business classes OMG, yah I've heard it lol).

Ethics, in business, but it's also ln real life.

Names such as : stool pigeon, stoolie, fink, snitch, rat, and tattle tale.

Does our society, or what it's turning into despise whistleblowers, and as commonly called snitches.
Busta Rhymes Body guard was killed infront of quite a few people including Busta Himself. Yet noone came forward to 'name' the killer to the police, as to not be a 'snitch', conclusively, recently, a former bodyguard of his was found with multiple gunshot wounds and one in the head wrapped in carpet or something in the back of a SUV, which had blood dripping out the back of it.

To acknowledge his first body guard was killed infront of at least 500 people. Yeah.

You can even buy t-shirts, to support your 'cause'.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/862ae66d0d9e.jpg[/atsimg]

I know, almost everyone on ats, hates the police, but if someone killed a close hearted friend of yours, would you seek justice, or just, not be a snitch?

It's got a good beat, but mainline is, cutting off fingers and sending them to family members to know not to snitch, lol crazy right, this is what they play on the radio, for your kids to hear.

www.cbsnews.com...

Or this video posted above, where rapper cam'ron, says if a serial killer leaved next door, would he tell the police, he says no, he would just move, well you can see the consequences in your mind, of having to eventually keep moving. And disrupting your life, around a serial killer, namely dauhmer.
Wikipedia Definition

So I say this, if we can't trust people, to report a serial killer, or someone whose killed a close friend, from the role models of today, and public figures, can we really trust anyone to save us from a NWO and such.

Or would that be, 'snitchin'.

Imagine if Bush or Obama, or such took to these rules, cropping up in our cities.

Police aren't all bad, but c'mon, people are clearly frightened of reporting anything, and why!

1) Because their AFRAID that criminals will torture them to death, or kill them and family.
2) The police are in on it, or the police won't help.

We need to change two things, and that's about it, get the police to act #in straight, and have a overseer, who is seen by the public, and the public can demand a meeting at any time, to bring the person down, immediately putting another person in.

And two, to change peoples fear of reporting to police, and having no fear that fingers and toes won't be cut off if they try to help.

It sickens me.

I'm sure everyone has a story to say in this, but c'mon, if we can't do the simplest of things, a NWO will trump, especially, if they put in a stop snitchin rule! LMAO

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Interesting thought, it is a reflection on society when people are to afraid to 'snitch' on people who have murdered.

I for one would most certainly grass on someone if they had killed a friend or a member of my family. I suppose there is the temptation to exact revenge yourself but that makes you as bad, if not worse, than them.

It takes courage im sure, to stand up to these people but it needs to be done.

Peace

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

I just worry, that there is nothing we can do about it now.

Like the worry in iraq, that if we left, the ones who helped the USA discover certain terrorists, if we left, and the terrorist came back and mutilated all of them!

But I use terrorist for certain groups I can't name at this hour

And well the US, it's much quicker then that, cause we know the cops leave pretty quick!

I feel, our society, has turned very, very ugly, and is diminishing into that of which is, a vigilante society, a non action society, and a blind society.

All of which in the worst of terms.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

"
I feel, our society, has turned very, very ugly, and is diminishing into that of which is, a vigilante society, a non action society, and a blind society."

I think you nailed it with that statement there. It truly is turning in to a dog eat dog world, I feel you just have to try and do what you personally think is right. I try and live life in the way I think is right, in my signature there is a quote "It is better to lose with honor than to win with deceit" I try to follow this no matter how hard I want to 'win', a little bit of self discipline and some 'old fashioned' morals can take you pretty far in my opinion.

Saying this I do understand that not all decisions are so clean cut, and that there is a real threat to your life in certain situations.

Peace

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Nice thread...

I guess the major factor which can be attributed to your thread is...

FEAR

Are you a fearfull man than you will not stand up or take action against things that are not right. We all know what is right and what is wrong!!!

And killing somebody is def. wrong.

Now, would you stand up or lay low???

Snitch my *ss

Peace

disclaimer: if i got it all wrong than it's the Heineken's fault!!!

[edit on 5/9/2009 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

What would you do, if someone you cared about was shot to death?

Just a question, not antagonistic, and god knows I don't mean it personally! Just hypothetically, so I can understand how to respond.

DISCLAIMER: If i posted wrong it's Coors Fault!

[edit on 5-9-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I think your both touching on causes of the subject, society that does not care - self preservation maybe, and fear.

I myself without a doubt would 'snitch' on anybody if they had killed someone I care about, even if it was someone else I cared about. You cannot give in to fear and people who think they dominate you using fear and violence. Stand up to them if you receive a beating and constant threats (which I have), you will feel a lot more empowered and better about yourself if you do.

Have courage

Peace

Disclaimer - As im in Finland, if my post does not make sense I have to blame it on the Lapin Kulta!!!

[edit on 5/9/2009 by LestatG]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

What would you do, if someone you cared about was shot to death?

I know i ran this scenario through my head atleast a thousand times and i always reason with myself that getting back and revence are bad emotions and i would like to be able to turn the other cheek but reality would probably be that i would try to kill the b*stard with every ounce of energy i had right their on the spot.

Just a question, not antagonistic, and god knows I don't mean it personally! Just hypothetically, so I can understand how to respond.

I keep remembering that YouTube video about that confict who was signing something in court before being brought to jail for killing a 3 year old kid and suddenly the father comes out of the stand and attacks the *sshole......if i would have been a cop in that courthouse, i probably would have looked the other way for a few seconds more before reacting.

I know it's bad and factors such as justice and "maybe he's innocent" should always dictate your reaction but sometime revence can really be sweet....

Peace

[edit on 5/9/2009 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

You cannot give in to fear and people who think they dominate you using fear and violence.

Sagacious People!

Disclaimer - As im in Finland, if my post does not make sense I have to blame it on the Lapin Kulta!!!

Disclaimers people!

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

If you haven't seen this, watch it, when you wake up go to blockbuster and rent it and watch it immediately, all time favorite KB movies.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Nice honest answer, I too used to think that revenge is a lovely dish, but after serving it up a few times I still felt empty. However, I have not been in a situation where a really close friend or family member has been killed, I suppose if it happens I really would be tested, as I can fly of the handle occasionally.

Peace

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Looks like a good one, Kevin Bacon never fails to delivery in my opinion. It puts another perspective on it. Like I said I can preach whatever I want about doing the right thing and standing up with what is right. However, until I am in that much of a dire situation who knows what we are capable of. Another point would be to say that maybe he is doing the right thing.

I like this thread, it is very thought provoking, nice one Republican08.

Peace

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

I'm not a sucker for movies, unless there really good, like really good.

Death Sentence was!

His son was a victim of a random gang initiation death, he had his throat slit.

Kevin jumped on the guy, and when in court, pleaded the guy didn't do it, so he could take vigilante justice, because the killer would be freed soon due to his age!

Then it gets deeper, and you find yourself, thinking I'd do the exact same thing, every time, good or bad, you find yourself stuck in his shoes.

Lol, i'm renting the movie tomorrow i'm so stuck in the thought!

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Thanks so much for that suggestion...

I haven't seen that movie and i will most def. go out and rent it tomorrow 'cause this was exactly what i was talking about!!!!

Violence only brings more violence, i know. But i dare anybody to reply to this trailer saying that they wouldn't do the same and just leave it at that..

It remains a tough issue though and now i'm left for the rest of the night debating myself wether or not i would kill a man who killed someone i love... Thanks for that!!!

Peace

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I find myself wanting to spoil the moving, although if I did, you'd watch the movie anyways, it's almost two years old though...

But damn, I think if someone slit my sons throat, although I have no kids, I can only imagine, what I would do, and I don't have a son, so those who do, WOW, the emotions are punched into you, and it's just a good movie all around.

In all honesty if you watch the movie, it seems like you watched it for 2 minutes, that's how sucked into it you get, when its about over an hour, you engorge yourself into it.

I gotta watch it again!

Calling up my gf for it!

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

To add certain circumstances, needs certain acts.

But for some the police can be helpful, this is just a movie that where there not helpful, and well, you can do something.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Ditto, as I said before it doesn't matter what you preach until you have suffered them circumstances you can never really know. I have to go to work soon, I wonder if I dare bring it up as 'conversation piece' for the evening. Whatever happens I have a day off tomorrow and I too will go and see the movie. Thanks

Peace

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by LestatG

Ditto, as I said before it doesn't matter what you preach until you have suffered them circumstances you can never really know. I have to go to work soon, I wonder if I dare bring it up as 'conversation piece' for the evening. Whatever happens I have a day off tomorrow and I too will go and see the movie. Thanks

Peace

It's a good movie, I got tomorrow off, first one in quite a few months! lol.

Will see the movie AGAIN, so yay!

Just to add I work everyday so a day off is good news!

[edit on 5-9-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

08, how goes it?
this is some what of a different thread for you. a bit suprised to click
on that word and see your avatar. ya ,i know i was supposed to get back to you on that list of yours. apologies, but i did go back to make an attempt, damn list was so
long and then i considered what i know of you(respectfully). i think you would agree on the word futile.
that aside ,

one thing about snitches, the police never like them either.
would you consider reporting a crime like murder snitching? when if you
don't report it. that could involve you in some deep dodo also.
i think there are quite a few variables there on that one.
as for me on the revenge thing. there are people i hold dear enough to me.
that if some one hurts them in anyway. well my attitude to that is if justice
finds them. then i would accept that as revenge. if justice dosn't find
them, there would still be revenge. revenge is revenge, any way you look at it. if it comes down to me letting them get away w/ it, because justice
fumbled the ball.
don't half to think about it at all.barbarism and absolute carnage.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

It also goes past fear. There is a strong 'It's us against the man' mentality in certain communities. I used to be addicted to crime shows on A&E and time after time the witness would not come forward due to the fact they saw it as a betrayal against 'their brothers.' They weren't scared- they weren't going to sell their mate out to the cops but instead would stick together.

A lot of them see 'snitching' as turning a brother over to whitey. In many circles, they have their own justice/vigilante system. Instead of going to the police where 'the man' will handle it, they will seek vigilante justice amongst themselves.

There was one particular show within the last few years that dedicated the whole episode to the way snitches were perceived. Those who came forward didn't really explain they were afraid but felt it would be betrayal.

<<   2  3 >>

join