It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What You Are Not

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
You do not know why you are here. You do not know what you are. You are confused by the apparent difference between your inner world of mental objects, pain and fear, and the outer world of material objects, pain and fear. You believe that fear will protect you. You arm yourself with hate to guard your little world against the little worlds of others. You believe that love is only to be given out according to merit. You feel no contradictions in the belief that love should be awarded like a badge to those who have earned your respect and who mimic your beliefs and appearance. It has taken you your entire life to come to the conclusion that you are one way and not another way, that you like one thing and not another. You have used all that time to separate yourself from the world around you. Then you look out puzzled at a world of division and fear, and wonder why it is so. You wait for a leader to come and remedy the situation. You have a good idea of what such a leader should look like, and what they should believe, and, of course, they should look like you are share your beliefs. You hold grudges against people who have harmed you. Occasionally you fantasize about harming them. Perhaps you imagine the punishment they will receive in the afterlife, and this makes you feel better for a little while. You think: if they suffer as they have made me suffer, then the world will be right again. Whose world are you referring to? What is suffering? Are you so unhappy with what you are that you are not thankful for all experiences, pleasurable and painful? How long must this dance go on for? Does the show not bore you? How many years of believing in your separateness must you live in order to realize that you are not separate? Your mind has dragged you around, mopped up the floor with you for years. Are you not tired of fighting, or measuring your worth against the worth of others? If another perspective on this existence were possible, what might it look like? Ask yourself this question. You have come to the belief that you are your body. You believe that you are your pain and your pleasure. You believe that those who are blood related to you are those who you must love, but there is no requirement to love those who are not your relatives—that is optional. And what love do you offer? Is it a love of the mind? Do you love only that which you understand? Do you love only that which loves you? Do you love only that which increases your net pleasure, and hate that which gives you pain. Such a love is conditional and based on the senses only. All of the above is your starting point. This is not the end, the final destination. You are meant to transcend this state of division and confusion.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Silenceisall]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
You should research the term "Projection" in the psychological sense. Your own insecurities are not shared by all of mankind simply because you feel them.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TeddiRevolution

The post is about me, or where I once was. If you feel targeted then maybe you should look a little deeper at that. Projection, as you call it, is all that I am capable of when using my mind. But then, what if we are actually the light and not a bunch of separate projectors?

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Silenceisall]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisall

There's some great generalizations there, and some not so applicable to all, but that is the nature of generalization after all.

I do see what you are saying and have been speaking about it for many years, mostly to the deaf who as yet do not know there is an alternative to the Dream.

But that is how it is for now. We may see, and we may speak, we may plant a seed here and there but for the rest we can only accept lovingly what we cannot change.

With ego, we perceive it with Judgement Bias. If we take that away we are left with seeing it as a part of us that makes us aware of ourselves and others. Therefore we can see it is not a negative, not something to be annihilated but rather to be like all things; Balanced.

If it is what makes us aware then even "god" must have ego if as above so below is to function as truth at all levels.

Thank you for sharing good insight.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Tayesin]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Yes, full of generalizations. I have tried many approaches, but painting with broad strokes is new to me. Still it is the sort of thing that I needed to hear at one time in my life. Perhaps there are others who might benefit...

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Agreed. I think it perfectly timed for now. It should grate against belief, which is what makes it so perfect.

Something something something about a 2nd line.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Tayesin]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

When the ego rears up to defend itself, it becomes more obvious. The picture I paint in my OP is a desperate one. This is an idealized state of division, but balanced out by social norms, and the fear of being punished by a judicial system (that was me). This is, to one extent or another, where many find themselves. This site, in particular, is a hornet's nest of fear. It seemed a suitable place to post such a spiritual rant.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Again, this was difficult to write because it is a perspective on me, where I was some years ago. This is a state which I think is causing all the trouble we see around us today...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Silence, you put a lot of effort into your post, and I give you a lot of credit for that. I do wonder how you can say that is how YOU used to be when your language points outward to us innumerable times. Offer something positive instead of just pointing fingers at others. Congrats for your advances as a human being. You're preaching to the choir.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by deadred

The language points at those who feel targeted, no one else. But thanks.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
we only are what we define ourselves as.

Not so easy to bare the soul is it?

-Kyo

[edit on 3-6-2010 by KyoZero]

[edit on 3-6-2010 by KyoZero]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Great post! Aham Brahmasmi! (I am Brahman) So we finally understand the game. Can we come home now?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

The essence of confusion.

Great post

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadred
Silence, Congrats for your advances as a human being. You're preaching to the choir.

I say DNA recodeing is effecting us all as it should, congrats on good self expression, do not fret, no excusses about if it was the OLD you or if you might be still advanceing like the rest of us, Awakend Conscious beings.

The Love We See Now Is The Love We Came In To This 3rd dimension with.

That is what we all was when we came into being. GOD particles so to speak, the journy is a loveing one. Just realize that your not the hero, and their never was. I guess, un-less you wanna be. . .

rehab

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeddiRevolution
You should research the term "Projection" in the psychological sense. Your own insecurities are not shared by all of mankind simply because you feel them.

It "sounds" like projection, but there are many in here that know it is not, and referrers to a more massive similarity between the average or common man. Even though they are generalizations. If you break them down in your personal life, they arise pretty specific meanings.

It sounds like some things I have wrote on some other forum websites. Everything could be re-worded into a question - and that's what some readers should do - put the statements in the form of a personal question, and see what answers come up. They might disagree on some, they might agree on some others. But the title is "what you are not" - so what they don't agree on, is a question they should look more in to - at least to why, that is.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
What I have described is a state of almost pure division, but it is a societally accepted division. This is a "functional" division which is accepted because it works in the context of this society that we have now.

And I see that many stars are accumulating next to a post that calls me out for "projecting." I'll say again that if you feel targeted, or projected upon, you should investigate that feeling.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Silenceisall]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Silence, I want to apologize for my ill-mannered behavior towards you. I'm sorry. I have no excuse for what I wrote. I should have approached things in a totally different way. I certainly wasn't enlightened when I wrote those posts. I am sorry. Thanks, Rick

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by deadred

Dreaded,

There is absolutely no need for an apology. I appreciated your contribution.

Best to you.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Hello Silenceisall,

I always enjoy your thoughts and insights.Let me ask a question if I may!

I see so many times here on ATS the phrase ' you are not your body' you yourself have used it in your opening post. Is this idea really not the root cause of all humanities problems?
Perhaps you should read Walt Whitmans 'I sing the body electric' or something similar?
We feel we are separate from God, The Universe, The absolute, The divine, or whatever you wish to call it, even perhaps just our true selves. Are we not really just 'the ghost in the machine'? This beautiful marvelous living machine. Is it not life that we are separated from? Is it not life that our minds long to touch?
Is everything not just the opposite of what you think?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by midicon

Hi Midicon,

You seem to be saying that you believe that the thought "I am not the body" is the cause of all humanity's problems. It's certainly part of the problem, especially if it's held as a thought, a concept. Thoughts themselves are the root cause of all humanity's problems. There is no attrocity that was not caused by thoughts/concepts of some kind or another. When we say you are not the body, what is meant is that the totality of what you are is not to be found in your body. Neither can you be summed up by the contents of your mind, or your work resume, or your culture, bloodlines. All of theses things with which we identify to one extent of the other cannot even begin to describe the totality of the miracle that you are. It surpasses understanding. This is what I meant.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Silenceisall]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join