It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube..why bother?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Don't blame youtube. It's kinda like guns don't kill people, people kill people. Youtube doesn't make idiotic videos, people do. Blaming the tool is missing the point.

The real sad part is for every idiotic and unhelpful video posted there are hundreds or thousands of people that just lap it up and bathe in it. You should better focus your disappointment at the audience, not the programming.

Absolutely. Unfortunately that is what YouTube has become, an outlet for idiots. Although I'm glad we have YouTube. Stupid people are an endless source of entertainment.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Troy_

I've put nothing in a 'box' as you put it. What I have done is applied common sense. When humans study wildlife in their natural habitat they don't wear warning beacons on them do they? Don't you think an alien craft, probably here to study us, would take necessary precautions to remain out of site?

[edit on 31-8-2009 by ratcals]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Youtube is useless for topics you'd find on this site, it's all BS.
The only thing it's good for is listening to music.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander the Great
Youtube is useless for topics you'd find on this site, it's all BS.
The only thing it's good for is listening to music.

Don't forget stupid people doing stupid stuff. Hey watch me fire this bottle rocket out of my... then post it on YouTube. Funny stuff that was.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ratcals
I disagree.

Then why don't we see this stuff on TV all the time? They're only interested if there are hundreds of witnesses and lots of video. Even then they make a joke out of it.

I'm not sure what people are expected to do. If they take it to the MSM then "they're just out to make a profit with their hoax video", and if they don't, it's "a hoax because they should have taken it to the MSM".

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Yes 100's, but over the years almost all of them have turned out to be non-extra terrestrial. It just makes me wonder if ALL the pics and vids in the public domain are only there because they are not wanted by the experts.

Im just a bit bored because there havent been any good sightings this year.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clickfoot

I disagree.

Then why don't we see this stuff on TV all the time? They're only interested if there are hundreds of witnesses and lots of video. Even then they make a joke out of it.

I'm not sure what people are expected to do. If they take it to the MSM then "they're just out to make a profit with their hoax video", and if they don't, it's "a hoax because they should have taken it to the MSM".

We do see it, when it is something worth watching. Very little of what is caught on camera is worth a second look.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

We do see it, when it is something worth watching.

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree on that, then. There's been a few interesting things posted lately that I wouldn't have seen if it weren't for youtube

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

It just makes me wonder if ALL the pics and vids in the public domain are only there because they are not wanted by the experts.

So who are these "experts" and what do you think they do with the videos? Do you really think UFO experts just sit on quality UFO evidence to prevent it from being seen by the public?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Sorry should have said Newspapers / TV news / Authors / Documentary makers.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clickfoot

We do see it, when it is something worth watching.

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree on that, then. There's been a few interesting things posted lately that I wouldn't have seen if it weren't for youtube

Perhaps. Care to share some specific ones you found interesting? Like I said, I'm a believer, but I need something more than fuzzy lights. Now fuzzy lights performing seemingly impossible acrobatics would be worth a look.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Troy_

I've put nothing in a 'box' as you put it. What I have done is applied common sense. When humans study wildlife in their natural habitat they don't wear warning beacons on them do they? Don't you think an alien craft, probably here to study us, would take necessary precautions to remain out of site?

[edit on 31-8-2009 by ratcals]

Who's to say they want to remain hidden?

Obviously there's been enough sightings to indicate some kind of purpose with revealing themselves to us.

Who's to say that the lights we see on their space crafts, are even "lights" in the normal sense? Who's to say they even fly in physical craft, what if they are energy, and that is why we see them as light?

Who's to say they are only studying us? Who's to say they may not have some form of a deeper connection with us? As perhaps the Ancients may suggest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join