It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Cars Have Built-In Breathalyzers?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

And which part of Congress/Law Firm/Wall St do you work for now???

That is the most legalese/double talk I've heard since my last C-SPAN viewing...

You might have something there...contact your local Financial Broker/Government Official...

[edit on 8/30/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
" through need comes innovation".

IF our cars were outfitted with these devices, you can bet 'someone' would devise a counter part to the technology that would allow the Breathalyzer to be disarmed.

the people that make the performance code for my GTI have done it so it hides behind the manufacturers code. (they can't tell it's been installed)

or one of my clients BMW. he's got 2 laser jammers built under his car; one pointing forward, one pointing aft. he gets "zapped" and the laser just gets jammed.

there's always a "back door".

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

And which part of Congress/Law Firm/Wall St do you work for now???

That is the most legalese/double talk I've heard since my last C-SPAN viewing...

You might have something there...contact your local Financial Broker/Government Official...

Not sure if I should take that as an insult or complement. I'm just a lowly telecom worker.

Are you suggesting I go into politics?

(edit to change 2nd line)

[edit on 8/30/2009 by abecedarian]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The people around here who are still drinking the 'kool aid' probably will not like to hear this but anyways, here goes ...

I can use my own state as an example. Here in Michigan there are around 100,000 drivers with three or more drunk driving convictions !

This works out to billions of dollars in revenue in terms of fines, fees and costs, including high-risk insurance premiums, etc -- directly into state and corporate coffers ...

It would seem reasonable to assume the remainder of the US states are somewhere in the same ballpark ...

With general revenues from property and wage taxes plummeting across the board in all 50 states, breathalyzers as standard equipment in automotive cockpits will never be allowed to happen !

It's really just that simple ...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

No insult meant, but, with all those fractions, terms and what-nots, a Political Future doesn't seem to be out of your reach...

@ visible_villain: Very true about the Corporate Government Income angle, but, never forget about the power of the Lobbyists...

Everyman has his price...be it Monetary/Commodity/Physical...

The Payer just has to know the Payees weak spot...

BTW: I'm one of those 100K and now sing Joe Walsh...

"I lost my License...now I don't drive..."

In fact, with what I've paid out, I should have some State Building named after me!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I'll take this a couple steps back, to the side and then take it forward... but I'll try do it quickly:

I can surely appreciate how much thought and effort you have put in to imagining how things ought to be done and others should live…

It’s just the thing is I don’t want to tell anyone how they should do things or how they should live and more importantly I don’t want anyone telling me how I should do things and live.

Hard to believe I am actually a dominant personality, incorporate every aspect of both distinct ‘Type A’ personalities into my own and am regarded as a Master in both the Business World and an Alternative Lifestyle huh?

A person could actually safely say I know a great deal about the control of others, and as someone who knows a great deal about the control of others I know…it is impossible to actually control people.

You can though ‘coral’ people and ‘fence’ them in and basically ‘herd’ them through something that can be controlled like their immediate environment.

That’s exactly what is at play in ideas like yours and putting breathalyzers as ignition locks on people’s automobiles, they are simply attempts to control people through controlling their environment.

In Golf they would call this a handicap, I call it a pain in the behind because chances are I am going to take personal exception with a number of the philosophies and ideas espoused by the person or collective that has their finger on the buttons or institutes the controls.

If I had wanted a safe, ordered, virtually guaranteed life I would have become a Monk and an Abbot and spent my life in a cloistered world of quiet reflection and protection where all my basic needs were provided for me and all my time and actions dictated for me.

I ran away from home and joined a rock and roll band!

No offence but life should be fluid and with variables and I love the fact that every time I walk out my front door I am taking my life in my own hands and anything can happen.

I don’t want safe, I don’t want nothing but perverse regimentation and rules…I want to ROCK and I surely do!

Stop letting them steal your life and soul, live that is after all what life is for!

[edit on 30/8/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I'll take this a couple steps back, to the side and then take it forward... but I'll try do it quickly:

I can surely appreciate how much thought and effort you have put in to imagining how things ought to be done and others should live…
Hmm... putting the breathalizers in the place of business where drinking is done is telling people how to live? Please be real. It's putting responsibility on the people and places where it is statistically most likely to occur: the bar and the patron. And my suggestion puts that responsibility square, fast and dead-to-rights where it is most likely to occur.
There's the blow dirty/get penalized aspect, blow clean no probs, maybe a little questionable and scaled penalties for that, and if you're clean for a while, you get some forgiveness / pat-on-the-backs for being responsible in your actions.

It’s just the thing is I don’t want to tell anyone how they should do things or how they should live and more importantly I don’t want anyone telling me how I should do things and live.
I didn't suggest in any way shape or form telling people how they should live or what they should do. I suggested a means for the 'adult beverage establishments' to help with the problem.

Hard to believe I am actually a dominant personality, incorporate every aspect of both distinct ‘Type A’ personalities into my own and am regarded as a Master in both the Business World and an Alternative Lifestyle huh?
not really. You seem rather well versed in manipulating and twisting words of people. Oddly, you are claiming to be doing exactly what I suggested.

A person could actually safely say I know a great deal about the control of others, and as someone who knows a great deal about the control of others I know…it is impossible to actually control people.
No, a person couldn't say that. Simply professing to have the ability to coral and control people suggests you don't have, but would really, like that ability.
Applying child psychology methodologies doesn't always work on adults.
Oddly though, you consider what I say as affirmation of your principles.

You can though ‘coral’ people and ‘fence’ them in and basically ‘herd’ them through something that can be controlled like their immediate environment.

That’s exactly what is at play in ideas like yours and putting breathalyzers as ignition locks on people’s automobiles, they are simply attempts to control people through controlling their environment.
I suggested breathalizers on peoples' automobiles? Perhaps you should... nah... nevermind. Reading your post has already told me that you are grouping people together, herding them as you state. The sad part is you are assuming 90% of the people are the same and I'm that 2% that doesn't fit either category.

In Golf they would call this a handicap,
been handicapped before I assume?

I call it a pain in the behind because chances are I am going to take personal exception with a number of the philosophies and ideas espoused by the person or collective that has their finger on the buttons or institutes the controls.
Wait... I thought you had control and could 'herd' people?

If I had wanted a safe, ordered, virtually guaranteed life I would have become a Monk and an Abbot and spent my life in a cloistered world of quiet reflection and protection where all my basic needs were provided for me and all my time and actions dictated for me.
Instead you ran away and joined the safe, ordered world of introspect where bleeding hearts and artists....

I ran away from home and joined a rock and roll band!
... like Bob Geldof and Bono and such get to speak a lot about what they know nothing first hand of, profess that we need to give money to people... who's governments take the money and profiteer from. Bob and Bono and Midge Ure have done little to help famine and such in Africa... well save for helping more people get money they shouldn't and the people who should've received the benefits are STILL STARVING.

No offence but life should be fluid and with variables and I love the fact that every time I walk out my front door I am taking my life in my own hands and anything can happen.

I don’t want safe, I don’t want nothing but perverse regimentation and rules…I want to ROCK and I surely do!

Stop letting them steal your life and soul, live that is after all what life is for!

[edit on 30/8/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]
Not a problem at all.
I'm starting with trying to stop the gov't of the USA from taking my life, and if I can succeed, they won't be taking my soul. My soul is committed to doing as much as I can for people I know. As the people I know do better, they will be helping the people they know. Eventually, there will come a time when the people I know will receive my help, directly. It's not going to come through bleeding hearts and artists like yourself- you see redemption in the now. I see how now changes next month.
Change starts at home, not 1000's of miles away. People like you in the middle stop genuine, individual change, before it ever starts.

let's see how well you know me.

[edit on 8/30/2009 by abecedarian]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join