It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival Skills PT. 2 - Camouflague, the art of invisibility & how and why it works

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Also on ther subject of fiolage ...go outside and pick a leaf look at the side that faces the sun,,,now look at the side that faces the ground..notice anything?

thats right ,the top of the leaf is darker than the underside ...make sure this is the same on your ghillie..as this is a DEAD giveaway to any body trained or looking for you.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by gambon]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I wish there was an edit function...

to decieve infra red.. and nv .passive and active

passive ..try a survival blanket ,either whole or cut into shreds..similar to chaff

Active...THIS IS DANGEROUS use a "modified" green laser to emit infra red ..melts receptors in many nv THIS IS DANGEROUS use wiseley and i offer no endorsements etc

passive ..try to hide by areas of dissimilar heat levels eg next to or semi submerged in the banks of a river or lake ...not in the middle though etc try to hide in the heat" bloom"

HAHA found the edit function ..darn this single malt...

[edit on 29-8-2009 by gambon]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

"If it ever quits raining down here in the southeast I'm going to experiment with human subjects dressed from head to toe in solid white.
"

just no hoods ok fella someone might get the wrong idea
lololol

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Excellent thread, really good collaborative ideas.

In regard to tropical "bush" settings, I've noticed that a lot of our native foliage is brilliant green and with a somewhat waxy surface. That might tend one toward a semi-reflective bright green camoflague array, but that would be a mistake, IMO. What you want to appear like is the interstecies between the bright foliage -- muted grays and almost-black. Thus what really works here, is gray, charcoal gray with random splashes of brown and some green. OD is not common here, and sticks out like a sore thumb.

I can meld into the bush wearing street clothes. The secret to that is just stillness, and changing your shape into that of sometihng that the human species doesn't identify as human. Example: When we move, what prints us as humans is the scissors action of our legs. If we move more slowly than humans walk, and change the step to a shorter one -- all the while making our movements random -- we have a better chance to avoid detection.

reply to post by pteridine

You're absolutely right Pteridine... The rods of your eye -- mostly away from the center -- while less receptive toward color, are more sensitive toward light, and especially in poor light can discern things that straight-on view cannot see.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Thanks argentus. You are right about what you should look like - you would be attempting to look like the space in between things - which is also the key to spotting others.

Look through the brush, not over or around it. anything bright or reflective attracts attention and makes it impossible to move without being noticed.

<< 1  2   >>

join