It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China denounces proposed Dalai Lama visit to Taiwan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

China denounces proposed Dalai Lama visit to Taiwan

www.reuters.com

TAIPEI/BEIJING (Reuters) - China promptly denounced a proposed trip to Taiwan by the Dalai Lama on Thursday, saying any such visit by a man Beijing brands a separatist threatened to "sabotage" improving relations.

Taiwan, a self-ruled island claimed by Beijing, approved the visit by the Nobel Peace laureate to comfort victims of a deadly typhoon at a time of burgeoning trade and investment between the rivals.

"No matter under what form or identity Dalai uses to enter Taiwan, we resolutely oppose this," China's Taiwan Affairs Bureau said in a statement carried by Xinhua news agency.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Time clears up all confusion. The Dalai Lama's appearing in Taiwan at the invitation of the DPP, really makes clear what that man is all about. This article certainly lends support the the idea that the man is a demon in Monk's robes.

The DPP a foreign supported entity that nearly took Taiwan from the old Nationalists Kuomintang and started a war with the People's Republic has certainly put the other foot in the grave in this pathetic attempt to look viable.

The Tibetan people should now begin to realize that the current Dalai Lama is not exactly an asset to be used to improve their perceived situation. The man is incredibly devisive and brings despair not hope.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
It's not a politic or diplomatic visit so what's the problem ?
The ones prompt to denounce the most insignificant act like if it was a threat for their power are divisive.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

I suppose therefore he should not visit

America as they have invaded Iraq Afghanistan and all the issues from vietnam,
and recent torture and rendition,

Ever talk with China as their record of Genocide and civil repression,

Never ever visit france as their commandoes blew up a ship with civilians the "Rainbow warrior"

Absolutely never visit australia at the requset of the government or meet the leaders as the Aboriginal land rights issue

Stay Clear of all the South american countries as the Communist and CIA infiltration of the governments there.

Stay well out Britain as our history is bloddier than a butcher's floor, and killed millions in the India he know lives with partition of them and Pakistan

Be very wary of accepting a trip to Germany for obvious reasons

All countries in the Middle east and/including Israel are a definate no no then by your benchmark...

In fact ALL politicians and ALL civilians of the world should never go to another country in their life, especially when the people need help after disasters....

Demon in monks clothes lol, rubbish, are you a Chinese Psy Op in ATS avatars? btw...

No just does not play the political game and so gets lambasted by those involved in it.

Elf

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Manouche

So...because you consider it insignificant, then it must be? I think we are all quite capable in determining what is and is not significant.

This whole story is loaded with subtleties that are obviously wasted on some.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

Dude, what are you talking about?

DPP is cool man, KMT is evil!

Dailai Lama is kind of useless but he's not evil.

I don't think you got your facts straight bro, DPP stands for freedom while KMT is authoritarian.

Sure Chen had some corruption going on, but DPP still commands alot of respect and is the reason why Taiwan still has sovereignty.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

The DPP is a political group which covets its neighbors house. The Dalai Lama is a maniac who thinks that he is a reincarnated spirit.

The two are working together to reverse the increased goodwill between the Nationalists and Communists. America has some kind of place in all of this; thus reconciliation across the straits is good for us and bad for the reincarnated person and defense contractors.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88

This whole story is loaded with subtleties that are obviously wasted on some.

Well, let's see your subtelties, show and explain them through your logic and enlichten us. The way i see it is that there is a big Buddhist community there and he as their spiritual leader feels the need to be there for them.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I subscribe to the one China policy...my sincere hope and great desire is for the Kuomintang to reconcile and submit to home rule. In time this is what will happen because it is correct thinking. Taiwan independent of China and the DPP is a bad joke, which increases human suffering and threatens America's long term in the region.

My analysis of the situation is certainly correct.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Taiwan independent of China and the DPP is a bad joke, which increases human suffering and threatens America's long term in the region.

Please explain how
Thanks in advance

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

The Kuomintang have been able to reacquire control of Taiwan after nearly losing it to the upstart DPP. Saying that the DPP should rule Taiwan is like saying the DPP should rule China. The Dalai Lama wants increased control over Tibet. To accomplish this he needs to weaken Beijing.

DPP activities, while of no consequence now, begins to reveal the strategy crafted in Hell.

The DPP wanted to take over Taiwan, then ignite a war with the Beijing with American led, Western support for control of China...Dalai Lama gets Tibet. While all this was happening Kim Jong-Il would have reduced Seoul to rubble and Korea would have been united.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Is what I wrote above okay?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

DPP is Evil, KMT are a bunch of guys that got in above their heads. KMT is a case study of good people that do bad things. DPP is a case study of wicked people who take advantage of fools.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

DPP is Evil, KMT are a bunch of guys that got in above their heads. KMT is a case study of good people that do bad things. DPP is a case study of wicked people who take advantage of fools.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

Yes, I ask too for the revelation of the subtleties.
I am not pro-Lama and for a One China but still it's a simple visit, there is no need to vilify every move the Dalaï Lama makes.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

reply to post by MischeviousElf

The DPP is a political group which covets its neighbors house. The Dalai Lama is a maniac who thinks that he is a reincarnated spirit.

Do you even know how he became the Dalai Lama in the first place? It isn't like he chose that position. I always find it so amusing how TPTB over there are so fearful of just a single man. I never knew that their hold on power was so feeble. None of this would have been a problem had they left that region alone. He was perfectly happy living on top of that mountain not bothering anybody.

The people were happy going about their business worshiping as they pleased. I guess in their 3.000+ Year history they still haven't figured out the concept of religious freedom.

Maniac

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d69af20cc119.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 27-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

The DPP is still reeling and in shock from it's political losses last year. Kim Jong-il may have had a stroke about it. The Dalai Lama is near death and has been very active in his attempts to weaken China. It's quite obvious that they are trying to regain some momentum, like they had in 2000.

I am sure that many Buddist leaders exist...this particular Buddhist is a political tool used to get the attention of the outside world. As far as Buddhists go the current Dalai Lama as a leader is far gone from what his faith represents...

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
no offense dude but you seem delusional

Taiwan wants war with Beijing?

You do know that there's been no relations between U.S. military and Taiwan since 1979 right?

the typhoon help was the first of relations since 1979

I think all your opinions are correct..... if they were the exact opposite of what you are saying

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

When you have your enemy down...keep kicking him in the head. This is obviously China's policy towards this current Dalai Lama. While he may not have chosen this position...he has chosen how to spend the last 5 decades...he chose earthly power, he chose to be a recipient of Nobel prizes. He chose political posturing and speeches. He chose to be someones tool. He honestly seems to be a direct contradiction of everything Buddhism is...as far as I can tell and I know little about the religion...only what I could pick up from the movie Bulletproof Monk.

China is not concerned about him...China is attacking the support around him that we can't see. The ones who pay for his travel expenses and such. Just like I am responding not to the current Dalai Lama or DPP, but the masters that control the puppets.

Just a little advice for the future...don't hitch your wagon to someone who claims to be the reincarnated spirit of someone else. That's just ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Here we go...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join