It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brace yourself: Beer prices are going up

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Brace yourself: Beer prices are going up

money.cnn.com

Beer drinkers beware: The cost of a cold one is going up. Anheuser-Busch InBev., which brews Budweiser, plans to raise prices.

"We plan on taking price increases on a majority of volume and in a majority of markets this fall," the brewer said in an email statement. "The increase helps cover some input costs.

The looming price hike comes as sales volumes in the brewing industry have declined. The company said earlier this month that total beer volumes were down 1.5% in the second quarter versus the same period last year.

Anheuser-Busch InBev (ABI) was formed in November 2008 when In
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
You know, this is REALLY the last straw..They already taxed the HELL out of my other "sin", smoking, now they are hitting me where it really hurts. I will NOT give up my beer!!!

What is this country coming to? I suppose next, there will be a dress code, and eventually we will just all be monks..oh wait, the monks INVENTED beer..sighs
*falls on her knees and shakes her fists at the powers that be, noooooooooooooooo*

Does anyone know where I can buy a cheap home brewery kit..lol

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
You know, this really makes no sense..beer sales are down...so raise the prices..ummm..does that seem a bit ridiculous to you? Its like one blogger on the site said...and it made me rofl..

Alexander EverhartAug 25 So if only one person is buying their beer would they charge 1 Billion Dollars for a can of beer? Ok let's see, less people are buying our beer, I know let's raise the price. Are these people dumbasses?
source

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

brew your own beer for cheap and save money in the long run and it is wicked fun imo.

mr beer

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Star and flag!

This can't be.... Cigs and now beer too? What ever you do don't let them know we have sex, that will be next. Hasn't anyone told them that when times get rough you lower prices just a hair to sell a little more, not raise them! Grrrrr!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Sales go down, prices go up. Sales go up, prices go down.

My solution to this is not to drink

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashnomadonte

brew your own beer for cheap and save money in the long run and it is wicked fun imo.

mr beer

Wow, am I reading that right, it says kits start at 39.95? I wonder if thats the whole kit..crikey! That would save me tons of money.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
Star and flag!

This can't be.... Cigs and now beer too? What ever you do don't let them know we have sex, that will be next. Hasn't anyone told them that when times get rough you lower prices just a hair to sell a little more, not raise them! Grrrrr!!!

Shhh too late, you told them!!! Wait a minute..whats sex? lol

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
Sales go down, prices go up. Sales go up, prices go down.

My solution to this is not to drink

Err, that was a joke, right? I mean, you arent actually NOT going to drink? How can you BBQ and not have a cold one???

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
It's Budweiser....

What person with any kind of taste drink Bud or Bud Light? BESIDES Obama?

Wisconsin boy here. Buy local drink yokel. Google it.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by milesp]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by milesp
It's Budweiser....

What person with any kind of taste drink Bud or Bud Light? BESIDES Obama?

Wisconsin boy here. Buy local drink yokel. Google it.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by milesp]

Yea, I live in Missouri, what do we have here...guess? LOL...I was drinking Coors until the price of it went up too...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Im bracing myself definatly, not for beer prices but world war 3

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

That’s the whole deal and an extra fermentor is only 10$ US I got 4 of them. I am NEVER with out beer and ill tell you I have saved allot of cash yeah I spent 100$ on the nice kit than an extra 40$ on the extra fermenter’s. However I have made a lot of beer over the past year and wow I am sure that I have saved more on the beer I make than I would have spent on store beer.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0fc0be5ca6fa.jpg[/atsimg]You can NEVER go wrong with a nice pabst blue ribbon

[edit on 26-8-2009 by ashnomadonte]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ignorance Denied
Im bracing myself definatly, not for beer prices but world war 3

pfft...WW3 is nothing without beer! lol..jk..sighs..but really..i've had about enough of this! Stop the world, I wanna get off!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

That’s the whole deal and an extra fermentor is only 10$ US I got 4 of them. I am NEVER with out beer and ill tell you I have saved allot of cash yeah I spent 100$ on the nice kit than an extra 40$ on the extra fermenter’s. However I have made a lot of beer over the past year and wow I am sure that I have saved more on the beer I make than I would have spent on store beer.

Man I really appreciate that link! Is it tasty? Im seriously going to look into getting that!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Listen I suggest that you make your own beer they sell hops and barely malted and none and other things to craft your own beer. I say that because there pre packaged stuff is good! But I find I like what I make by scratch more.

GO with the premium beers it is a lot more work involved you have to boil the barely mix oh no
but you will get a better product in the end! Believe me I like it and its fun.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Listen I suggest that you make your own beer they sell hops and barely malted and none and other things to craft your own beer. I say that because there pre packaged stuff is good! But I find I like what I make by scratch more.

GO with the premium beers it is a lot more work involved you have to boil the barely mix oh no
but you will get a better product in the end! Believe me I like it and its fun.

Yea, I never realized what was involved making your own beer, I used to make honey mead years ago, until the price of honey went sky high..but Im def gonna look into the kits!!

I dont know about FUN, but it's fun to drink it

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   

If it gets bad enough, I'll buy you a beer.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by milesp

If it gets bad enough, I'll buy you a beer.

Awww..thats so kind of you!!! But, I just cant drink one!!! Its like Lay's potato chips! LOL

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
You know, I was just thinking, my grandad used to make all his own wine, out of dandelions, elderberries, you name it..but I have NO clue how he did it..this was many years ago, and he did it in the cellar..hmmmmm

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join