It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Care Reform in 1200 pages or less

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
We have several problems concerning healthcare in the US.

1. the uninsured seem to be the least of the problem. They are mostly young healthy resilient people . Basically in need of little care

2. the uninsurable have been dropped from their carriers for either being too sick or having changed jobs

3. the unemployed can't afford to keep their coverage

4.Illegals are the blackhole of healthcare. Since it was made mandatory for hospitals to treat anyone who gets brought in, hospitals have been having to absorb greater and greater losses each year which is putting some of them out of business. It'a fact

So what do we do? (in 1200 pages or less)

1.For the healthy and happy, raise the age limits so they can stay on their parents plan until age twenty five or thirty.
By then their on their way and should have a company plan.

2.We pass a law so your insurance carrier cannot drop you from their coverage if you become sick or change jobs and the premiums are being paid.

3.People on unemployment get ther cobra coverage included in the unemployment compensation.

4.To cover illegals setup an arrangement from their country of origin. In most cases those counties have universal coverage and the means to care for their citizens. Send their home country the bill. They're here illegally! If they don't pay send that person home immediately and make it clear they are not wanted here. Let their country take care of them.

I'm being very simplistic but that's my point.

What would you change about my plan?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
It would make sense honestly, but people are to stupid to understand logical ways of doing things, I see it almost on a daily basis

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I don't think it's stupidity necessarily , but if you look at each of the problems separatly it just doesn't seem that difficult to me. What am I missing?

join