It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lockerbie Bomber is being freed tmorro - USA butt out !

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Well, we lifted up the kilts of the scotsmen and what did we find?

Nothing. No balls.

Cowards who release terrorists for a few barrels of oil.

The kilts turned out to be skirts.

Perhaps you should put your lasses in charge over there.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by jsobecky]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I can't see how your last comment pushes this debate forward at all, but I would like to make one point. Why would we be interested in anyone elses oil, when we are an oil producing nation ourselves? Also I would refer you to previous, and mostly ignored points made about support for terrorism and where it comes from. You should look a lot closer to home before you start criticising other nations.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

You should look a lot closer to home before you start criticising other nations.

Hey, we didn't release the scumbag - you did.

It was either because of fear or profit. Don't give me that compassion bs.

Do Libyans scare you?

[edit on 24-8-2009 by jsobecky]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

So where would the profit be? We produce our own oil...we don't need other peoples. Is there some other way we could profit from this that I don't know about?

And what about fear? Who or what are we supposed to be frightened of? If you explain this accusation, maybe we can clear that up too.

What about the well established US support of the IRA for instance, while we are on the subject of supporting terrorism? As an illustration of the accusation of our support of terrorism, can you explain why that might be acceptable, or at least forgettable in debate, when the processes of the Scottish legal system, correctly followed, are not?

[edit on 24-8-2009 by caitlinfae]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I don't think you quite understand the situation. Scottish law decrees that if you are serving time in jail and you become terminally ill then when it looks like the accussed has less than three months to live then they let them go on compassionate grounds so they can die with their families and friends. It doesn't matter whether it's terrorist, rapist or Jack the Ripper, the law applies to all in Scottish prisons. Scotland hasn't done this to annoy you yanks!
And since Scotlands has independent laws etc why is America having a go at the rest of the UK? What does a Scottish law have to do with Wales, Ireland or England? Why boycott us?
I only hope that if this escalates further Gordon Brown stands up to America and refuses to condemn the Scots. . .

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

So where would the profit be? We produce our own oil...we don't need other peoples. Is there some other way we could profit from this that I don't know about?

Really?

A Oil production for the UK (North Sea, west of Shetland) peaked in 1999. It became a net importer of oil at the beginning of 2006, shortly before the peak in global oil production and will effectively run out by about 2020. This will clearly have a major effect on the UK's balance of payments, not to mention loss of income from North Sea oil, and a drop in oil-related jobs. But you will not find any discussion of this in the UK media.

www.depletion-scotland.org.uk...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
It sickens me that Scottish soldiers are being killed doing Americans dirty work in Afghanistan and Iraq.

It's time our boys came home and leave the yank wanks to it.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The release, though highly regretable, was in the British and Scottish national interest..
America always serves its national interest, and should understand this.
www.gezzmo.com...
www.google.co.uk...

<< 3  4  5   >>

join