It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy Website

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
www.whatisthetruth.com...

What do you guys think of this website? I find it quite creepy.

Here, the Truth is revealed and offered to you. Please read the text below that is open before you and then try what you are reading - call them inner exercises - and if you are persistent, you have been promised . . . you will come to know for yourself that this is all REAL!!

If you press forward, the Truth will show you that it is in fact TRUE!! It will reveal itself to you - personally.

It is also, however, a delicate process. Do not rush ahead with impatience. As you move forward reading through these pages, if you feel you need to stop, and take some time to contemplate before you press on, please do so. It will have been worth the wait and in the end you will step forward to claim life’s most precious gem that will truly change everything around you!

Check out the site, tell me what you think.

FYI: I am not telling you to go to the last page. I haven't done it yet, I'm just curious to see what others think of what the site says.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The site seems to be typical Christian beliefs packaged in a 'mysterious' website to try to convert.

You don't even need to go through all the pages to get to the end, you can follow a link to skip directly to the 'message'.

Your right it is pretty creepy.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
They're talking about the supposed visitation of the Virgin Mary. I believe there is a statue that appears to be weeping.

The buildup is to help you get used to the idea that a statue of the Virgin that apparently weeps is proof that God exists.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
i know whats this is about. theres a place in bosnia Hercegovina where the virgin mary is appearing to six visionaries who have been given messages from her. the visionaries have been given secrets relating to the end times (i think)that they are supposed to reveal to the world.

ive actually been there a couple of years ago its a very spiritual peaceful place.

i found this site that has info on research done on the visionaries

2012forum.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by A_Stranger

Awesome, thanks for the link.

Everyone Else: thanks for your input. I like asking you guys to check these things out for me. If I'd done it myself, I'd have probably drove myself schizo.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CleverNameHere

Yup creepy christian website alright, like a perv offering sweets to kids, brrrr it makes my skin crawl.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Did you still not read it CleverNameHere? I would say it is designed too professional. It reminds me of a typical "We-sell-Stuff" webpage. I just overflew the last page - the information didn't work for me. It didn't really feel creepy for me. Interesting - but I had a creepier website experience some days ago from which I still haven't recovered.

What would really interest me right now is why you haven't read it before you made the post. And how you judged it creepy? (This may sound totally crazy - I just have a "weird" feeling that I'm on to something)

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Deckard666

I still haven't read it.

I've been feeling very spiritual lately, and recently something big happened, but I'm unsure what exactly took place.

Since then, I've been very cautious with anything I come across that feels weird.

I asked others to check because I know a lot of your are crazy-skeptic(no offense intended), so it wouldn't jolt you mentally like it would someone like me, in my unstable(maybe) state.

Just been trying to play it safe. Last thing I want is to lose the Truth completely while on the journey to find it.

Anyone that talks to me feels like they're on to something. =P

I could tell you some stories. U2U me some time.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
No no no I know it seems sometimes I follow "special" people around but that is my way of checking them out - sorry. If I wouldn't think you're interesting I wouldn't hang around with you
I know I can learn something from you.

I read the thread because of the title and was surprised that you wrote it - no kidding. I wondered about you not having read the last page because I instantly was reminded of that other website I mentioned before. I am still not very good at coincidences/synchronicity but this was one "rare" moment and that's why I asked.

You're unstable? You should see me. My lifelong lost spirituality came back and nothing has frightened me more in my life. The door is right in front of me now and I am too frightened to open it. I never felt so stupid but I am not sure if I can deal with it. All the consequences. But I can't walk away either. Normal life is over. I am battling some inner demons here that I never wanted to see again. So right now I am acting my life so nobody notices that I feel like going crazy. I know that doesn't help you or comforts you but at least you're not alone

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Deckard666

Whether I'm going crazy or not, your words will warm whatever world I'm in for a long time.

It's a scary thing, not knowing whether the people closest to you are aliens or not, or whether there are no real people on the internet, just demons, etc.

That's the same stage I'm in right now - acting like nothing is wrong.

I know it won't last long. I'll have to open the door sooner or later.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Hehe, my short attention span saved me a lot of trouble, I reckon.

But yeah, the first thing that came to my mind was that it was some kind of christian BS.

Funny though that thay say in the very beginning that they do not represent any religion or faith.

What ever.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
at the end of it all:

We thank you for your support.

say 10thousan people visit a month. and say 5000 people read it to the end. now lets say 400 people felt inclined to donate to this page.

now make 1000 similar websites on different topics, all leading to the omnious donate button and you have:

riches.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
ALL I SEE IS CREEPY CHRISTIAN STUFF.....BRAINWASHERS!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
don't trust those types of sites klol

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
i am the author of the What is the Truth website. i originally put this site together some time ago - apologies I wasn't a very skilled writer. probably does sound a bit 'sell-ish'. i was very enthusiastic about sharing my journey - what can one say. have i changed my beliefs since then? not on your life.

i think in all those years i received one donation of $5 or so... but thanks for reminding me. I've been meaning to remove those paypal links. paints a questionable picture to some perhaps.

this site had one purpose only - to share. most of the feedback has been positive. i'm sure it's creeped out a few. can't please everyone i guess. again apologies and best wishes to all!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I do not have a long attention span when it comes to reading propaganda. I felt the message was to commit suicide?! Sounds like those Jehovah witness people. I don't understand how such people think, it is truly horrific. Many young people have committed suicide reading similar stuff. It's all bs, this stuff should be investigated all around the world as it is being in some countries.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I think that this website is in league with (Project Blue Beam)....I'm just saying.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
With all these red herrings we'll never be able to recognize a legitimate "warning" should it ever emerge via a "mysterious" website. If I were a counterintelligence agent, at least that would be my plan.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

It could be real, or...

Portland Independent Media Center

Haven't really looked into this stuff, but have heard the name.

Just sayin...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

to me it sounds like a religious website, maybe christian

top topics

join