It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fishy Circumstances and Flawed Timelines Surround American's Beheading

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Although I don't agree with all the statements posted by -we see ALL-,I have to agree with the suspicious timing of the release.
I find it disturbing that he was interviewed by the FBI while in custody in Mosul.
This nasty,vicious video is,in my opinion ,propaganda and Psychological Warfare.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
PsyOps, yes, disgusting, yes.

But the family receiving their son's decapitated body should be able to identify his remains. Or is this done somehow differently?

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL
What I would like to know is why he did identify himself. I'm presuming that these Arab people know a few English words?--Maybe they said to him, "identify yourself" in English? But, I think they would want him to identify himself anyway so that the "message" could hit home.

In my opinion, this video depicting a decapitation is genuine, even though it may have some editing descrepancies. Also, I think that these guys had help from people
Like an arm of the CIA in the middle east.

Now you're on to something. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we didn't have him in our custody, didn't give a crap about him, needed to make this abuse thing stop, handed him over knowing full well what would happen, and then act so surprised when the guy is killed. And now we conveniently can use this to keep more discussion of the prisoner abuse stuff from happening. Or I guess we're supposed to be so filled with rage that we now feel all the actions against the iraqi detainees was warranted. Sorry...I'm not buying. 1) I grieve for this mans family. What happened to him is horrible. 2) I am ashamed that Americans have been doing what they're doing. And this crap about "they're terrorists...so the Geneva convention doesn't apply." Well then we can't throw this moral majority # around anymore then. I'm sick about all of it.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I was thinking the SAME THING when I first heard about the decapitation video. Its OBVIOUSLY 'conveniant' timing for this cell to release a video like this. Its just like the videos Osama releases when something significant related to him happens - the videos themselves CLAIM to be recent, but they could actually days, weeks, or even months old - nobody knows.

This is nothing more than a propoganda/psychological war now.

[Edited on 5/12/04 by xenophanes85]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
You know, I am not at all surprised at the content of this thread. I was thinking, those who continue to deny the evil intentions of Al Quida would subsequently deny the validity of this video.

These are some of the same people that have claimed that the abuse pictures were planned by the �NWO.�

Give me a break. Those guys in the hoods would be just as happy if it were your neck in front of them.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
where can the video be viewed? i've been searching all over for it, but can't find it anywhere.

if you dont wanna post a link to it, you can u2u it to me.

thanks

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Stock price of Alcoa went up 0.30 today on the NYSE with news of all the tinfoil being used as hats by leftwing conspiracy fans, special thanks went to DemocraticUnderground for starting the fad.

Seriously folks the al Qaida posted that they were responsible for this and threatened more to come.

Read the details on NEIN
North East Intelligence Network

BTW - Alcoa really did go up 0.30

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
man...that video looked HELLA fake. there was just about no blood at all. if they were to cut his head off dont you think it would spray EVERYWHERE? and the be-headed body didnt move or squirm or anything, isnt that whats supposed to happen? i didnt even hear a scream. i know that if I was cought by some crazy Arabs id scream if they were cutting my head off.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
PsyOps, yes, disgusting, yes.

But the family receiving their son's decapitated body should be able to identify his remains. Or is this done somehow differently?

it maybe they knew of his death or knew that mr berg was dead and then this was staged .....but i must say something does seem very fishy about this.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
well if you watch the video he does struggle while the men are on top of him and there is from what i can see an incredible amount of blood on the floor .....it has been edited though because his screams or screams start before the decapatation starts when you can see he is still just sitting there....if your artery is cut and the artery is facing downward that is where the blood would go....also if that artery is cut it wouldnt take long for the blood to drain and for any struggling to cease....

This does not rule out though IMMORTAlS theory of earlier ....im thinking now what he is thinking.....

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
You know, I am not at all surprised at the content of this thread. I was thinking, those who continue to deny the evil intentions of Al Quida would subsequently deny the validity of this video.

Hello, Howard. I'm interested to hear the explanation for Mr. Berg's detainment by Iraqi police, and why he was held for 13 days in US custody. His parents filed a suit, claiming their son was illegally being held in US custody. He was released the very next day, but somehow made his way into the arms of AlQaeda (sp?). Suddenly, we learn of his horrific beheading at a time when people are outraged by US soldiers shocking behavior.

The timing is convenient. His detainment is highly suspect. Do you have any questions of your own about the US involvement in his detainment prior to his death?

(By the way, I haven't viewed the footage)

[Edited on 5/12/2004 by Bangin]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
The shotty video taping could be questioned, but you also have to consider it being an amateur videographer

There lies my major problem WW. This is meant to be an amateur job, they've got one of their guys to come in and film it. However, it does not go this way. First I want to go into the times that are shown on the camera.

Ok, the video starts and we have a shot of Nick Berg side on. The time starts at 13:26:24 and carries through a few seconds to 13:26:27.

After this it cuts to a complete straight on shot of Nick, seemingly a continuation of the last portion but the time is 2:18:33. That's cut number 1.

This portion carries through until 2:18:43 and then we cut to the main portion of the footage with the terrorists behind Nick. Here the footage time begins at 2:40:32. That's cut number 2.

This is the lengthy part of the footage and it continues until 2:44:42 when he is thrown on the floor and the knife is pulled.

Then we cut to a close up of Nick on the floor and the time begins at 13:45:37. That's cut number 3.

Now this lasts for a few moments as Nick struggles on the floor and the camera man decides to go for an extreme close up which means you can't see anything for a few seconds as the camera shakes like hell. The camera then starts to zoom out but cuts at a strange time at 13:45:52.

It cuts to what looks like the exact same camera and shot but a few moments later at 13:45:59. That's cut number 4.

This shot plays out as they start cutting his throat and lasts until 13:46:33.

It then cuts to what must be a few brief seconds later at 13:47:46 where they lift his head towards the camera. That's cut number 5 and the footage ends after about another thirty seconds.

Do you not see my problem here? In order for it to be done this way it could only have been done really two ways:

First would be that it's one camera. If that is the case then the changes in time are really weird regardless of edits for time or not. To go from 13:00 approx hours to 2:00 hours approx and back again to 13:00 approx would mean that not only were bits filmed many hours apart, they are also out of order.

This doesn't make sense except for the last bit were it's just jumping forward in time by the space of a few seconds, but one has to ask why there are cuts here? It's hardly to save time, not that much passes. It's also conveniently before and after the cutting, but I'm not getting into that. I'm assuming the footage is genuine for now.

Because of these weird jumps in time as well as the sometimes unusual cuts, it was most likely done with 2 cameras.

This would explain the apparent major jumps in time near the beginning because maybe both cameras were set to different times.

However this is what bothers me. If it was as you say one of the terrorists who was an "amateur videographer" filming it for his fellow terrorists, why have they used such a professional set up? They have decided to use a two camera angle set up which means that they've edited it afterwards.

Of course they could do this editing on a computer, they wouldn't need a professional editing system but how would a terrorist thug think of using these techniques? It isn't the usual stop and start on your camera when something interesting isn't going on, they've actually done it afterwards for pacing.

This would have to be people with media experience and know what they're doing. Now, if they're professionals and they know what they're doing by deciding to get multiple angles and use editing techniques, why use such poor quality video camera? It just doesn't make sense to me, you might as well go all out.

One thing is for sure though, the last few shots were definitely the same camera. They've shaved out time between him going to ground, him struggling on the floor as the camera zooms in and out; shaky and unfocused, then between the actual cuttings and finally to them lifting up his head.

What is the need for these cuts? It is definitely the same camera and there is no need to cut for pacing as we're talking a matter of seconds here, there is absolutely no point.

Can anyone explain this to me? For something to be done in such a professional way it makes me wonder what happened in-between those missing spaces in time. The timing of where the cuts occur also concerns me. I'm not saying this is a fake, but what I have to say for the benefit of discussion is that these would be the perfect spots for edits if you were in the special effects business. The beginning, the act, the effect.

Anyway, I hope someone can explain this logically to me.

[Edited for typos]

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by John Nada]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
john i have no idea how to explain your points, they are very intriguing to say the least, however is it possible that there were 2 separate tapes of the same incident sent out, and somehow edited together by the jihadist group that released the video on the internet?

is it also possible that the time change could be caused by some dumb terrorist guy not knowing how to use his camera, removing a battery or cutting the power some how to equipment? just a thought, since my camera currently has the wrong date and time on it.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
john i have no idea how to explain your points, they are very intriguing to say the least, however is it possible that there were 2 separate tapes of the same incident sent out, and somehow edited together by the jihadist group that released the video on the internet?

This could be possible, but no one has claimed credit for the editing of this tape by the network as far as I'm aware. Because of this I am lead to go on what I've got, and will have to continue with my theory until this point of yours is proven as fact. That could well explain it though.

is it also possible that the time change could be caused by some dumb terrorist guy not knowing how to use his camera, removing a battery or cutting the power some how to equipment? just a thought, since my camera currently has the wrong date and time on it.

No that is not possible. I've already explained in my last post why it's not the case. The time starts at 13:00 hours, after a cut goes to 2:00 hours and then at the next goes to 13:00 hours again but further in time. It means that both are continuations of the same footage but on different tapes.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Mr Nada ......I must say your analyzation of this film is done quite well and i would hope some one with an incredible amount of prestige in the film industry or someone who is just a damn expert would put there two cents in, so we can see what is going on here....It would seem this film is heavily edited by everything we can see here ....and we need some expert help here.....you said why not go all out to expertly film this event....maybe thats just it...? if you its expertly filmed then the flaws become more apparent...?....No..?

if there is anyone on ATS who has expert credentials in the field of film or videography, i implore you to step forward and analyze this film for us....please....

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I think the video is real, I seen enough blood. The Blood is hard to see because its dark and the ground color covers it. I wonder why he didnt fight? He must not of thought he was gong to DIE

My problem with it is, if this is correct.
I heard He was contained Two weeks ago, He called his parents and told them that he was being "qurentened",( for what I dont know). His family put in a lawsuit againts some part of the goverment. The 9th of april he called his parents and told them he would be home shortly. The 11th or what everday it was he was murdered. The FEDs show up after he has be nabbed, and killed.

1) Why use language like qurentened?
2) what happened between the 9thand the 11th?

I agree with the the thread, very fishy.

Like the KKK, the people who are hooded are cowards.
If you are so tough and believe in your acts show your face. Stupid pusses.

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
if there is anyone on ATS i who has expert credentials in the field of film or videography i implore you to step forward and analyze this film for us....please....

Thanks. I have some experience in this field but not enough to confidently say why it was done this way, nor to say whether it is officially real or fake sorry.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada

Ok, the video starts and we have a shot of Bert side on.

After this it cuts to a complete straight on shot of Bert,

and then we cut to the main portion of the footage with the terrorists behind Bert.

Then we cut to a close up of Bert on the floor

Now this lasts for a few moments as Bert struggles on the floor

This is really, really bothering me.
His name was Nick Berg.
Nick Berg.

-B.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
My apologies Banshee. I spent quite a bit of time on that post and so was too lazy to actually check it for typos, my mistake. I apologise, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I must be just a really bad person. I will go pray to the lord for my forgiveness.
It's always good to know that a Moderator can set an example of staying on topic by pointing out my spelling mistakes rather than address the actual content of the post.

Typos fixed, my apologies once again.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
His family put in a lawsuit againts some part of the goverment.

if you can find out more about this lawsuit cobra i would appreciate it .....this is very odd....

1) Why use language like qurentened?

can you find me some links or wording somewhere ....where the word quarintined is used.....first the government says they had him or he tells his parents this and then hes in the hands of al-qaeda....very odd....

2) what happened between the 9thand the 11th?

exactly ....what the hell happened between those dates......very odd....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join